“Staffs are superb, Great Location and Clean Rooms”

Rising Dragon Legend Hotel
Ranked #62 of 636 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I booked my hotel just a week before my trip via email and David Trung (managing director) responded promptly and also planned my trip and stays precisely. The staffs were really friendly and helpful. They helped us with all sorts of our requests throughout the stays albeit some of us were quite demanding at times. Rooms are very new, hotel siting in a prime location in the Old Quarters and just 3 minutes walk from Hoan Kiem lake. David gave us a good rate on the room as well, and one of our room get free upgraded to a family suite with three beds, that saved us from having to book another room. Most of the staffs speak fluent english, they are also very helpful in giving us recommendations on where to eat and places to go.

We took the Deluxe Halong bay tour and it definitely worth the price we paid ! The cruise looks new and posh, foods are excellent and cabin is clean and comfortable. We had so much activities throughout the Halong Bay trip such as cave visiting, kayaking, ti top island visiting, cooking class, and a whole night on squid fishing and we really caught a few of them !

David and staffs have done a great job in providing a comfortable stay and the least worry trip for me and my family. Everything was so well taken care of and planned, even the private trip to the golf course requested by my cousin.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank voonchean
Media R, Manager at Rising Dragon Legend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Voonchean,

I am truly grateful for your feedback and thankful for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at Rising Dragon Legend hotel. We have been trying to fulfill our guests' expectation and so happy as we did achieve our aim.

Your kind words will be pass on all staff in our team, particularly David as an encouragement to keep on providing high standard of service.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Hanoi.

Rising Dragon Legend hotel

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while in Hanoi in March 2013 and can recommend it as an excellent place to stay in a great location with ultra-friendly and helpful staff. I paid US$30 for my room as a single traveller, which had an en suite, large television, air conditioning, room fridge, room kettle, complimentary water and the best quality cotton bed linen I have ever come across.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank guatemaya
Media R, Manager at Rising Dragon Legend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

I am truly delighted to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay with Rising Dragon Legend hotel. As the guests' satisfaction is always our utmost desire, it is so rewarding that our team has done good job.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Hanoi.

Rising Dragon Legend

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I already booked an airport pick up days before we arrived. Unfortunately, our flight got so delayed but the driver waited till we arrived at 2am. It took almost an hour to reach our hotel, he was a good and careful driver. Driving at an average speed of 40-50km on the streets with no cars or motorcycles at that time. The hotel was locked and i thought at first that we will be sleeping elsewhere. Good thing, the receptionist woke up and opened the main door for us. Ushered us to our rooms. The room was small but very clean. It was not a connecting room as i expected and suggested. Bathroom with tub - small and without any closure, water leaking out . Not for tall people for you will feel really cramped. Noise from the kitchen can be heard at 6am since we were on the 2nd floor but its ok since we are early risers. Bed and pillows - very comfortable, firm bed with clean white sheets, fluffy soft pillows. Safe - movable not screwed to the cabinet :(. Toiletries - very basic sometimes were not replenished. Theres a hair dryer in the drawer of the vanity desk. Hangers and extra duvet in the closet as well as slippers for two. Wifi - very fast. Password written on a piece of paper pasted on the vanity desk. Fridge - well stacked with drinks. Complimentary bottled water available but sometimes the housekeeping forgets to replenish. Breakfast is limited to the same fruits, bread, pho, and eggs (cooked either as scrambled or omelet). The service was exceptional with friendly people just willing to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We will surely be back!

Room Tip: choose rooms on higher floors. Dont worry, there's an elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank asensiblechic

Dear Asensiblechic,

It is a great pleasure to welcoming you at Rising Dragon Legend hotel. I am truly happy that we were able to accommodate you an enjoyable stay with reference to the hotel facilities, pick up service, breakfast and our staff.

Thank you so much for your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are looking forward to an opportunity to welcome you at Rising Dragon Legend hotel.

Rising Dragon Legend

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my two children and we felt at home there. They let us stay in a room after a tour and before the next one because our children weren't feeling well. They booked out tours at a good rate, so we didn't have to give our credit card # all over town. They made our breakfast short order every day. Lovely experience!

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank WorldTravelFam
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in this property, at room 702. Love this hotel and its staff! For the price paid, it was a very comfortable stay, would not hesitate to stay again the next time.

The hotel is new, started operation in May last year. Room is small, good for one person, a little tight for two, but the room is very well designed eg position of the plugs, unlike other hotels where you have to reach it at awkward places, design of the bathroom, small yet room to move around. The sliding door ensures that it does not get in the way of the wash basin nor the toilet bowl. The only amusing thing is the rain shower head is sited at such a low position that it scraps my head, and I am only 1.63m tall. Hot water is aplenty and water pressure is very good even at the 7th floor.

The lift serves up to the 6th floor, and there is a flight of stairs to catch to go up to the top floor. Not a big problem as the hotel staff will gladly bring your luggage up and down.

Decided last minute to take a day trip to Hoa Lu and Tam Coc and booked with the hotel at USD30. It was a fantastic trip! Later, I realised that one of our trip mates paid USD38 direct to the agency which organised it.

It is very well located, many street vendors just outside the hotel. It only takes 2 minutes to reach Hoan Kiem lake, and 1 minute to the water puppet show.

I only paid USD30 a night for the stay here, the cheapest so far in all my stays in Hanoi, and its one of those that I will not hesitate to go back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank OrangeWhale
Reviewed April 20, 2013

What an absolute delight to stay in this hotel. From the moment we booked the staff were so supportive and helpful. There is a warm ambience created by all staff ( David and Hannah, in particular). Complimentary tea and coffee is available all day long in a little cafe area where you can chat with others and staff, gathering great ideas and tips for great Hanoi adventures.

We were welcomed to our room with crisp white bedlinen strewn with rose petals - little extra touches on top of spotless, comfortable rooms were very nice. Staff were happy to look after luggage when we went away for a few adventures. Additionally, they gave us great tips for package deals and airfares.

Great breakfasts set you up for a hard days travel. We felt that it was more like 5 star quality than the value for money price we paid for. It is set in the Old Hanoi section immediately across from the Green Tangerine Restaurant, one of the leading restaurants in Asia.

We would not hesitate to return to this hotel the next time we are in Hanoi.

J & J, Australia

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jan D
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The place is good value for money, easy too miss because of its small and narrow entrance but being fairly new everything works and the staff are all very helpful. The systematic address system helps in locating the hotel.

I booked a tour through the hotel and got all the information I need via email very promptly.

One can walk to all the happening places - so this place is a real bargain. I booked for other friends and they all approved my choice

Room Tip: The back rooms ending with "04" are quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends