“Good value, solid hotel in a decent location”

Little Hanoi Diamond Hotel
Ranked #24 of 620 Hanoi B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Good value, solid hotel in a decent location”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Myself and 2 friends stayed here in a triple room for 4 nights across 6 days whilst we explored the area.

Service was good, although the Halong Bay tour they recommended was not great so I wouldn't recommend listening to their advice on tours.

The rooms and beds were very good although the showers were hot, but the shower heads didn't pump out water particularly fast or evenly.
WiFi reception in the rooms was poor and should be improved, the breakfast was pretty good though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I traveled for 3 weeks through Vietnam and only stayed in hostels. But little Hanoi diamond is just amazing. Zoom, from the front desk, is the most helpful person I have met in Vietnam. He will assist you in anything and make everything for you so that your trip is as good as it possibly can be.
The dorm is the nicest and cleanest dorm I have ever seen. If you are in Hanoi, you HAVE to stay here!!!! I'd recommend it to anyone.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Due to weather conditions, we had to stay longer in Hanoi and were so pleased that we were staying at Little Hanoi Diamond Hotel. My sister and I appreciated the helpfulness of the staff, especially Mr. Zoom and Gary. All the staff were friendly and we felt safe and very happy. Also our flight to Ho Chi Minh and hotel there was booked for us as was the City Tour which we found very interesting. The breakfasts were delicious and the fruit/tea and coffee available all day long was an added bonus. We would definitely recommend people to stay at this gem of a hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Due to a misunderstanding I had to leave my previous hotel and just showed up at Little Hanoi Diamond and asked for a room. I was given the choice between a windowless room on the 2nd floor and a bright room with a view on the 6th floor with no elevator. I definitely made the right choice and went with the 6th floor room. It was lovely and my bag was carried up the stairs for me and down when I left.
It even had a bathtub, hot water worked fine, and since I was 6 flights up they gave me an electric tea kettle when I asked for one. Flat screen TV and AC, no problems with any of these.
The hotel is very inexpensive, very clean but also quite old. If you want new and shiny go stay at the Hilton. This is a low budget hotel; most guests were young travelers trying to save money but the staff were absolutely fabulous. I stayed five days, not because I couldn't afford a fancier hotel but because the whole experience was so pleasant. The breakfast included fresh fruit, baguette, Vietnamese food choices and omelets made to order. The staff helped me with my struggling with Vietnamese pronunciations, offered suggestions on the best local restaurants and street food, called taxis that came in less than 5 minutes and told the drivers where we were going. When we had an unfortunate urgent medical problem they recommended the best hospital where the staff spoke English. Later they inquired as to how the ill person was feeling. They let us bring breakfast food up to her room.
In the heart of the Old Quarter on a great street with restaurants open late, street food, lots of activity, close by the incredible Highway 4 Restaurant and two of the best pho restaurants in Hanoi according to a Vietnamese friend.
They printed my boarding pass, fixed the wifi when it was down, and, by the way, no one ever even asked me if I wanted to book a trip somewhere. The trip info was displayed in the lobby if I had wanted to look at it. A real gem of a place because of the people who work there.

Room Tip: I had a room with windows and a great view on the 6th floor but there is no elevator. The staff brou...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my girlfriend as we had problems in two previous hotels one where here phone had been stolen and two bad condensation and mould issues. At first hotel was nice greeted with friendly smile shown to clean lovely room however within the hour things changed. Like every other hotel the staff at reception asked our plans for rest of our journey with an eye to sell us a tour. When we informed them we were headed to halong bay and cat ba island within few seconds a tour book was laid in front of us with pictures prices etc very pushy. We informed them we were going to cat ba island independently of which there faces completely changed and next thing we know we are having a huge discussion about the negatives of going on your own dangers of cat ba island how everyone is out to get u blah blah. Anyway we asked if we can just get a bus and boat to cat ba told we couldn't. Later on we walked down road to travel and tourist centre booked direct ticket to cat ba contradicting what the staff said. Just to let you know we spent 5 of our best days in vietnam in Cat ba stayed in a lovely hotel ate amazing food n werent once hassled by pushy rude people. Dont be a target n book tours of halong bay for extortionate amounts of money, for 5 days including moped sitting on beach eating amazing food n staying in hotel we saved 60 dollars each compared to their tours and we didn't have to follow there crappy itinerary. Altogether good hotel but staff who only want one thing more money which is funny considering you are already paying for a room. Dont believe they are nice to you becauase they are genuine.

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank adham123
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We really loved this hotel, we stayed for a couple of nights. The rooms are very clean and spacious, and the staff is just extremely nice. Not to mention the awesome breakfast and free tea/coffee and bananas all day!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I had been moved from the sister hostel to this hotel (little Hanoi hostel) because they had over booked and I just wanted a room for the day to shower and nap in because I was catching a 26 hour train ride to the south of Vietnam. They charged me 15 dollars for a room to have for 7 hours. I had had a very stressful day the day before and the train was as a result of flights being changed due to the typhoon so I was in no mood to search for a cheaper place. The room was nice enough but if this is what they charge then it is far too expensive. The room had no window and had basic facilities. I would be annoyed if I paid that much after booking this hotel specifically as I have been in 4 dollar hostel rooms of the same quality. I slept and showered and was asked to check out at 5. The man on reception who claimed to be the manger asked for payment and I explained I was only there for the few hours and could I have a discount. He was not going to give me one. He explained no one else could use the room now as the cleaners had gone so he needed to charge 15 dollars - fair enough, I completely understood that. But why make me check out at 5pm? My train wasn't till 11pm and I was tired and emotional and had paid for the room for the night which no one could now use. Therefore I kindly asked if I could stay a bit longer rather than wandering around Hanoi in the rain. He was having none of it. I was not allowed To have the room I had paid in full for, it was no longer available. I then told him that he had just said that no one else could use it and the cleaners had gone home. He just kept smiling at me and saying it wasn't possible! RIP OFF AND A LIAR! I tried to explain once more that it was unfair and I just wanted to sit in there as I had paid for it and suddenly he said there was work needed doing in the room -LIAR! I was too upset and tired I walked out to find food. When I got back to get my bags I went down to check the room I was in, and what a surprise no one in there. No work going on. All it needed was a little bit of human kindness and to be fair but he wasn't. To top it off they had forgotten I needed a taxi at 10pm and the night staff had to book one for me after I was sat still waiting at nearly quarter past. These people do not know how to be decent human beings. They ripped me off and were unfair. Do not stay here. For the level of care and the rooms which match some nice hostels it is over priced and they do not want the best for their customers.

• Stayed October 2013