“This place and esprecially it's staff were a bright light in a stay in Hanoi mared by serious illness”

Little Hanoi Diamond Hotel
Ranked #30 of 628 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Arrived here after cycling 170km in the rain. This staff were immediately very welcoming and the $22 room ticked all the boxes and included breakfast
The rooms are clean have AC and fans plus refrigerator and a sizeable bathroom.
The staff quickly realised I was not well and then started to go out of there way to help with room service arranging taxis and just checking in gereral
The only reason the room doesn't get a 5 is the door lock could be quite tricky. I would stay here again without a second thought

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank mjafri
There are newer reviews for Little Hanoi Diamond Hotel

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Freaked out when I arrived as had booked it as Lucky Star and thought I was being scammed. lol..as if that'd happen in Vietnam...but the night manager came down and showed me the business card, otherwise I'd still b in the Taxi. Great value, $22 a night, with free coffee, tea and fruit anytime, no water but less than 50 c across the road for big bottle. Staff so helpful,esp Mr Zoom, booked our Halong trip from here and it was fabulous, and the best Pho in Hanoi is down the road at 39 Batdan, not far from the Bia Hoi bars, So great location for Aussies. Would def stay here again.

Room Tip: book a room by email for the best price and they'll pick u up from airport for $2 if u flying in...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank budgettravellerQld
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very enjoyable stay. It's clean,they offer a free airport pickup, there is always coffee, tea and some banana, pineapple or melone in the lobby area and you can take as much as you want. Breakfast is also included. They booked our 3 day tour to the Halong Bay for us, which was excellent! We could store our luggage at the hotel and after the trip we got some coffee and could shower before we took off again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Only booked a standard double room but received a huge room with a double AND single bed, large fridge and views over Hanoi. Had to climb five flights of stairs to reach the room (as there is no lift) but staff were more than happy to help with bags and deliver any drinks orders. Breakfast was basic and the bathroom was a little rough around the edges but everything else made up for it.

1  Thank DeirdrevdBank
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I took advantage of the free airport pick-up offer but when my on-time flight arrived there was no-one waiting for me! After hanging around the meeting area for nearly an hour I dragged my suitcase to the upper level of the airport to make a phone call to the hotel from the Post Office and shortly afterwards was met by the surly young driver. The journey in the car started off as a nightmare as the driver had two phones and was constantly using them with just one hand on the steering wheel and, and twice, no hands on the wheel at all as he manipulated between the two phones. I asked him to stop using the phones and after sending and receiving some texts he did so. His driving skills, even with two hands on the wheel, were not safe. I have made several private car journeys in Vietnam including two journeys of 4 to 5 hours and this was the first time that I have felt unsafe in the hands of the driver. A few minutes after we left the airport he pulled over to the side of the road and disappeared for a while - no apology, no explantion, just "Wait here a minute!"
At the hotel the manger explained that the car sent to meet me had had a flat tyre on the way to the airport and they had to send another one - if that is the case then I guess the delay in meeting me was unavoidable but the dreadful driver they sent was avoidable!
The hotel itself was adequate but I disliked the fact that my room had no window. I found the over-exuberant "bonhomie" of the manager to be irritating but I have no doubt that he meant well.
Laundry service and onward travel to Cat Ba were handled efficiently by the staff. The room and the bathroom were of a good size, but be warned, there is no elevator!
The location in the Old Town was fine, if just a little far from the lake. The noise of the Old Town did not penetrate to my room

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Trav53
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We originally booked in with little Hanoi hostel (cheaper but the same people) but when we got to little Hanio diamond we found out we were still paying the agreed price just with an upgrade.
Really nice breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff and nice big rooms.
We also got free airport pick-up which saved us $15 and a lot of hassle.
Only one bad point. One afternoon we went down to the restaurant for some food, there was no one around, we waited half an hour till someone eventually took our order after we had gone up to reception to ask. It took another half an hour for our food to come out and when it eventually did my soup was pretty disgusting. After waiting for an hour i was not happy. didn't eat it, paid and left.
Next time i went down to reception however they offered to refund me because they noticed i hadn't eaten it, this restored my faith in this hostel.
We did eat food the day before and it was good with efficient service.
I would definitely recommend staying here, just maybe don't eat downstairs other than the free breakfast.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Great address in hanoi! Rates start from USD.25 (incl wifi and breakfast)/ Hang, the receptionist is of great assistance in helping to plan the rest of your holiday. Rooms are nicely furnished and clean .Fabulous location and value for money!

• Stayed: March 2013