“The fantastic Ms Huong!”

Book In Advance
$45.00*
Hanoi Street Food Adventure Tour
$90.00*
Cycling in Hanoi
$678.00*
4-Day Phu Luong Nature Reserve Trekking Adventure from Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Indochina is a specialist travel agency servicing international and domestic clients in the Indochina region. We can service your travel needs within Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. Our dynamic and enthusiastic staff are well trained and very experienced and are multilingual.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I travelled to Vietnam alone for two weeks in March 2014. I found Adventure Indochina via Trip Advisor and contacted them by email about six weeks before my holiday with a list of various trips that I wanted to do, for example 3 nights 2 days in Sapa, 1 night 2 day cruise Halong Bay, walking tour of Hoi An, visit to My Son, and others. I also asked them to arrange all my airport transfers and Visa On Arrival - I never like the idea of trying to figure out the local public transport upon arrival at a new destination.

Ms Huong picked up my enquiry (she is based in the HCMC office) and she was excellent, she made suggestions about which trips would be better and how to fit everything in, how to save money, etc. It was a very personal service and she emailed me throughout my holiday to check that everything was going well, she even emailed me when I got back to the UK to check that I'd arrived back home safely - I thought this was a really lovely gesture.

I also visited the Adventure Indochina office in Hanoi where Mr Hai and Paul were really friendly and welcoming. Mr Hai even gave me a lift to the Vietnam Airlines office on the back of his motorbike when I wanted to change an internal flight.

I arranged my flights and hotels myself, but everything I did within Vietnam was arranged via this tour operator and from that point of view I was a good customer - and in return I received a level of service that I thought was excellent. I've never used a tour operator in this way before, but it worked really well. There is no way I could have afforded to do this holiday via an organisation like Trailfinders or Exodus, I was aware that I paid less for my trips than other people were. I would definitely recommend Adventure Indochina - if I come back to visit southern Vietnam I’ll definitely contact Ms Huong.

1  Thank LKFidler
Hai N, Director of Sales at Adventure Indochina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you so much for such for sharing your experience of our company with the TripAdvisor community.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in Sapa ,Halong Bay, Hoi An, and My Son
Our Ho Chi Minh branch were very glad to help you plan your tour,s,and we alway's try as much as possible to keep in touch with our client's /friend's as much as possible during their stay to make sure everything is to their liking.Ms Huong is certainly a gem is was very happy to be of assistance to you, also thank you for mentioning our staff in Hanoi
We all were extremely to have met you ,take care and we hope to meet again
From allof the staff at .
Adventure Indochina Travel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed April 13, 2014

After a few days exploring Hanoi on our own, we decided to follow the trail of amazing reviews and stop in at Adventure Indochina. We were greeted by this very friendly team and sat down to begin discussing our plans to head north in Vietnam. Our main booking was done by Paul, hilarious, and very knowledgeable and friendly, but we were assisted in other ways by all of the staff within the business. We were given many options and chose a soft sleeper over night train to Sa Pa with a stay at a resort of our picking (we still think perhaps we should have stayed at the recommended resort but enjoyed our stay none the less).
We also discussed trips to HaLong Bay and Paul was very honest about the weather in the area and didnt try to sway us in any direction. He even sent us on our trip to Sa Pa with a list of options and tours for Halong, stating that if we decided to go we could just email him our preference and he would do his best to book it for us. They allowed us pick up at their store and to store our bags there between hotel check out and tour pick up, and sent the sweetest young lady with us to the train station to ensure we got there safely and right onto the train and to our bunks. Top Notch Service!
The tour in Sa Pa was wonderful (food was good and the treks were with a fun bunch of travellers), we decided against Halong this trip due to intense fog, but Paul was still very friendly and helpful upon our arrival back in Hanoi after our tour was complete. They even went so far as to rush us into a cab they ordered as we had a flight to catch and misjudged the travel time to the airport.
I would recommend this company to ANY travellers in Hanoi and would not hesitate to use them again in future. The benefit of their expertise and friendly advice spoiled us and made planning other trips along the country seem more difficult. Thank you Paul!!

1  Thank ScarletteBegonia
Hai N, Front Office Manager at Adventure Indochina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

All of our staff are absolutely del;ighted that your experience of our travel company led you to write such a positve and detailed review
But the most important thing is that you enjoyed your stay in Vietnam ,our staff were only to happy to share their local knowledge with you ,to help you make the right decision's and choose a tour that suited your requiremet's the weather in Halong can indeed influence your decission whether to go or not ,and unfortunately for you the weather was not the best while you were here to go to Halong
I shall pass on to the member's of our staff your regard's
Take care of each other

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Very cheap and they are really honest about everything. I booked my trip to Sapa and Halong Bay at Indochina and both trips were amazing!!!

1  Thank Wietske1990

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write a review of your dealing's with our company ,we all her would like to thank you for appreciating our honesty, our staff pride themselves in being totally honest with our client's /friend's and giving as much valid information as possible to people traveling in Indochina , we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed both Sapa and Halong ,it was our pleasure to have met you
Take care ,and maybe we might meet again in the future

Reviewed April 3, 2014

After a lot of research on TA we finally decided that we would book through these folks and go on a 2D/1N cruise to Halong Bay. They offered us Alova Gold Cruise (the actual tour was perfectly fine). We decided to prebook our trip since we didn't have too many days in the Hanoi area. So we paid a small deposit online to keep a place for us on a particular day. When we arrived into Hanoi a few days before the cruise day we went into their office. They were absoluetely uninterested in answering ANY questions and just wanted the remainder amount that was due. The day we had pre decided seemed a little 'iffy' as far as the weather was concerned so we wanted to get them to check the weather and see if we could change our booking and go on a different day. Mr Hai was assigned to us who very reluctantly showed us some alternatives and gave us evasive answers. We turned our attention to Paul who was only interested in selling a trip to a bunch of 3 caucasian girls...provided them with minute details of each and every aspect of their trip planning. And here we were his actual customers asking him if we should postpone our trip by a day or two and all we got is a shrug. Moral of the story is do not part with your money until you are absolutely sure of your itinerary and ideally be in Hanoi when you book. We could have booked directly thru Alova Gold and really didn't need this unhelpful broker.

7  Thank MegPK
Hai N, Public Relations Manager at Adventure Indochina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Hello MegPK
The review you poster is totally misleading to the people who make use of TripAdvisor
As you know’ after contacting us online concerning Halong Bay 2day1 night cruise (triple cabin) we offered numerous cruise’s within you budget and the Alova Gold cruise was choosen ,and booked on the 27th Feb , to sail on 27th March (online deposit $50).
On arrival at our office to pay the balance (25thMar), the itinerary of your cruise ,which we had emailed you (along with numerous other itineraries) was clearly explained to you in minute detail, on checking the weather in our office for 27thMar the weather seemed a little ‘iffy’ ie cloudy skies , you then proceeded to ask us to contact Alova Gold cruise and enquire was it possible to bring the date of your cruise forward by 1 day ,we contacted Alova and unfortunately they were full booked for the coming 2 day’s
You also did not mention in your review that Mr Hai offered you 5 othert cruise options within you budget and similar itineary (to accomadate changing date of cruise) but all offer’s were declined.
Mr Paul while dealing with 2 middle aged ladies (not a bunch of caucasian girl’s) excused himsel from the 2 ladies, and gave you as much detailed information as possible concerning numerous Halong Bay tour’s , the Alova Gold cruise was accepted ,the balance paid ,and as you state in your review the cruise was ! perfectly fine !
One point that you deem it necessary to mention that Paul was dealing with caucasian ladies, ,the fact that you mention ‘caucasion or non caucasion has us completely bemused this is totally irrelevant to our staff and I am sure to the TripAdvisor community.
I will end our reply to your misleading review ,and kindly ask you in the future to be totally factual in what you post ,and to forget the caucasion /non caucasion aspect in other future review’s you may post
Adventure Indochia Travel
Good Bye

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I’ve arrived in Hanoi in the morning after long flight from London via Paris. Dazed, freaked out and confused as this was my firs long distance trip all by my self. My friends who already visited Vietnam recommended a very popular hostel to stay which I did but I must say the tours they offered where very pricey…I literally crossed the road and found Adventure Indochina.
I was welcomed by lovely Irishman Paul, Mr Hi and their lovely assistant.
I’ve booked my Ha Long trip and bus to Hoi Ann for very reasonable honest price. The team where very helpful and friendly.
Paul gone that extra mile and showed me and my other travel companions some amazing authentic and very tasty street food stalls.

Bottom line is Adventure Indochina staff will look after you and they offer a great experience for good price.
I’ve read many horror stories before I went to Vietnam but was pleasantly surprised. NOT all travel agencies are like that.

Had the time of my life in Ha Long Bay.

2  Thank Dot R
Hai N, Front Office Manager at Adventure Indochina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Thank you so for such a detailed positive review of our company and staff.Our staff pride themselves in finding a product best suited to our clients needs, while always taking cost into consideration,glad to hear the Halong tour suited your needs.We were very happy to help with planning the remaining time for your stay in Vietnam including some tips concerning Hanoi
Thank you for mentioning our staffs dedication ,very much appreciated by us all here.
We hope that you will continue writing reviews and share your travel experiences with the TripAdvisor community.
I was our pleasure to have met you
Bye for now and take care