“Fantastic Service - Hard to beat!”
Review of Angel Palace Hotel

Angel Palace Hotel
Ranked #90 of 603 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We were very impressed by the personalized service offered by the staff of this small hotel - starting from our initial room booking till the end of our vacation when we checked out to head home. We made our booking via email and the confirmation reply from the manager, Mr Hieu came promptly the very next day. Through the hotel, we were able to book our trip to Sapa for trekking, problem-free. The experience was seamless and we felt so well taken care of. Adding to that, the hotel is also located within walking distance to the best eating places that Hanoi has to offer. One only needed to ask the staff for recommendations. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay - thanks to Mr Hieu and his lovely hotel staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Adventure67
Angel P, General Manager at Angel Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Teoh Hooi Ming,

The Angel Palace is our little jewel and we take great pride in it. We want all our guests to feel that they are at home away from your and I am pleased that you found us both homey and elegant. I am delighted that you were well looked after and that we took care of everything that you needed. We are very central locate which close to most famous landmark but are also located in a quiet residential street away form the hustle and bustle.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I do hope that you will consider staying with us when you next visit Hanoi.

Hieu Ha Trung

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Small three star hotel with five star staff and very good accommodation for the price. Don't be put off by the hotel's small frontage
Convenient for the train station and the old part of the city - coffee shops and restaurants very close by - will stay there again next time in Hanoi

Room Tip: go for the best rooms rather than the standard - well worth the extra
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ron60
Angel P, Manager at Angel Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us it is very rewarding to hear that you felt the hotel was outstanding and that you loved your experience, that the team were exceptionally warm, gracious and attentive and that we were able to assist with all aspect of your stay and requests. I am pleased that you liked your tranquil room, the location and that your overall experience was memorable. Thank you once again.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I think Angel Palace is the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in !! (And I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels around the world.)

Where to start? Well, first of all I booked online and it was a simple and clear process. But then there was a mix up with flights, which meant that I had to email them to say that I would miss the first one or two nights of my five night booking, depending on when I could get a flight. Not a problem. The manager continued a very friendly email correspondence with me as I gradually worked out my new itinerary.

Angel Palace arranged my transfer from the airport and when we arrived the driver and a hotel staff member help me and my bags across the road. (For anyone who has never been to Ha Noi or Ho Chi Minh, this is often very helpful … there is normally a continuous and bewildering stream of motorcycle traffic, which can be hard to negotiate for the uninitiated!)

Check in was as friendly as I have ever seen anywhere, with everyone speaking good English … which is lucky because my language skills are shamefully bad. I was already late for my meeting in a different hotel a short walk away and I was given clear directions.

Of course before going to the meeting I left my stuff in my room. I had one of the larger suites with a balcony and it was well worth the extra money. A spacious, comfortable, clean room. Everything you could need. Lovely bathroom. Comfortable bed. And the balcony was a treat to drink a tin of beer on late at night … I love to be able to look down on streets. Free wifi worked everywhere.

Breakfast was very good, and again very friendly service from the charming waitresses. And at night the reception staff (also charming!) would help with suggestions and directions to restaurants and bars.

Can I think of any flaws? Well, I could find only one English language channel on the television, but then I didn’t intend to spend too much time watching anyway. And I can’t think of anything else at all …

In short, a delightful hotel. Nothing was a problem for the staff. Always helpful, always charming. Comfortable, clean, well located. Check out was perfect, and transfer back to the airport was arranged and perfectly on time. And, of course, more help to cross the road!!

When I got back home, I decided I want to go and spend some time there again as soon as I can.

Room Tip: Go for one of the bigger suites. Well worth it!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Thatsmymango

Dear Mr. Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on the site following your stay at Angel Palace Hotel and I am delighted to read that you thought it was once of the nicest hotel ever. We do love to have families and welcome them so I am glad that you felt that it all worked out for you.

It is rewarding to hear that you found the staff exceptionally warm, gracious and attentive and that we were able to assist with everything. And it is so wonderful that you liked your Suite rooms and also enjoyed your experience. I have passed your kind comments to all the team who appreciate your time and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Where to start from the first moment we stepped off the aircraft they had a car there waiting for us to pick us up despite being delayed a couple of hours. The staff as soon as we were there made us feel straight at home. The room we had on both stays was brilliant. With very comfy beds, a lovely bathroom and well air conditioned. Even when we broke up the stay with our Ha Long bay trip we were allowed to keep our big bags there for safe keeping which was very handy indeed! The breakfast was a nice mix of vietnamese and western which was handy if you don't fancy pho for breakfast. No matter what time of night we came back there was always someone there to welcome us back and helped arrange private cars for us which were even a little cheaper than taxis which was very handy for airport connections. Lastly the location was perfect. Right in the heart of the old quarter within walking distance to markets, hoan kiem lake and many other fantastic sights. I loved staying there and was disappointed to leave!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank AJDean1
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Hotel looks normal at the frontage but after you step in, you will find that the staffs all spoke good English, which was an additional point to this hotel. And, of course, the staffs were all very friendly, helpful, and thoughtful in recommending you to the places of interest and the best restaurants in Hanoi. They also accomodated to our requests very pleasantly and readily. We were always greeted with a broad wide smile. The staffs certainly made our trip a pleasant one. Wow!

There was nothing to pick on the room. Standard room with the basic hotel amenities. Room was quite spacious. Buffet breakfast had the standard spread, together with eggs and pho which you can order from the waitress.

I am sure to pick this hotel again for my next visit to Hanoi.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tkjy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and it is so nice to hear that you felt that everything was perfect during your time with us. I am pleased that you liked your room that the service was the best that you have ever experienced, the staff helpful and that you would recommend the hotel and plan to come back.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit to The Capital.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed at the angel palace hotel before a trip to Sapa and then when we returned. The staff are amazing and look after everything competently. The bed was lovely and the the standard of cleanliness high. Breakfast was very good as well. This hotel organised our Sapa trip and everything ran very smoothly. Will stay here on my next visit to Hanoi.

Room Tip: The inside rooms are quieter, I also stayed in a room overlooking the street. This was a bit noisier...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rhonda R

Dear Ms. Christine Rhonda,

Warm regards

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Angel Palace is a FANTASTIC hotel! Everyone was very nice and spoke perfect English. They gave us fabulous suggestions for things to do and restaurants to eat at. And the room was amazing! We had a City View room, which overlooked the street below. It was very big, very clean and very comfortable. In fact, one day we were just content to stay in our room all day, watching HBO and ordering room service (which was delicious and very reasonable). Breakfast was also fresh, hot and delicious each morning! All in All, we had a fantastic time at this hotel and will be staying here again next time we go to Hanoi.

Room Tip: Choose the City View room as it's the biggest and had the most windows (maybe even the only room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JamieBlakeTrippit
Angel P, Manager at Angel Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Jamie,

How wonderful that you felt compelled to write a review and thank you for sharing your experience on the site. It is always very rewarding to read such positive feedback and to know that we made your stay so memorable. It’s great to know you love your City View room and the comfortable during your stay. It is a nice bonus to be able to freshen up after a long flight and it gets the vacation off to a good start.

I am pleased that we made your first trip to Hanoi extremely memorable and I do hope that your second visit will be as good or better. Please do come and visit us again!