“Good Hotel but not right for us”
Review of Angel Palace Hotel

Angel Palace Hotel
Ranked #87 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
Sydney
“Good Hotel but not right for us”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

First up I need to say that the staff in this hotel are great. They are friendly and understanding. I had booked two rooms for a four night stay and when we arrived I realised that the beds are very hard. We stayed the first night of our planned stay but as suspected, the beds didn't work for my back. After talking to the staff, I suggested that I would find an alternative hotel. They were very understanding and refunded the extra nights I had paid. The breakfast here was ok. Not amazing, but ok and given that most trips to Hanoi are all about eating out on the street, I guess best not to fill up on breakfast anyway. I wasn't a fan of the carpet in the rooms because carpet is hot humid climates isn't great and the street facing rooms are kinda noisy but all in all if you're fine with hard beds, this is an affordable hotel.

Room Tip: street facing rooms have natural nights but are also noisy if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sjcolbert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Upon arrival, we were greeted by possible the friendliest hotel staff we have ever encountered. First they risked life and limb to help us newbie’s cross the suicidal traffic that is Hanoi, to sitting us down & drawing maps of the best places to see, as well as restaurants in the area. This proved to be so helpful during the following week. The genuine smiles and advice they provided as well as the beautiful decor and rooms in this hotel made this stay a pleasure. We had the deluxe City view room, which had plenty of natural light, so I would consider spending a few more dollars to upgrade to this room.
The French scheme throughout the entire hotel was absolutely stunning.

Room Tip: Go for the city view room, as it has plenty of natural light.
3 Thank Michael1289
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel earlier this year, and it was just perfect. We were upgraded to a larger very nice room as soon as we were arrived, and the hotel staff went out of their way to help us at all times. We had messed up our itinerary with going to Sapa, and they sorted it all out for us, including booking our train tickets and going with us to the station (the station is total madness, particularly at the ticket collection area, so having someone native to do it for us was a huge help). It was also a fantastic location - we were able to walk everywhere easily.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Monica R
Poland
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This review is long overdue. We stayed there in oct/nov last year. It was our first trip to Hanoi n the hotel arranged transfer to pick us up. The room we had was nicely decorated but one thing was missing - computer. The customer Service manager, Mr Nguyen Quoc Cuong, was really apologetic about it n suggested we used the one at the lobby. He also promised to have a computer in the room for us by the time we got back from our 2-nite ha long bay trip. Upon our return, we were upgraded to a suite with a balcony. It was a beautiful room with a partial view of the city. The location was excellent, in the old quarter. What made this hotel really exceptional was the excellent staff, from the GM to the doorman, they were not only professional n extremely polite but they would go through great lengths to make your stay as pleasant n memorable as possible. The General Manager was the one who answered my emails n took my booking n was very helpful in answering all my questions . So it was nice to meet him in person at the hotel. He was definitely hands-on.

The breakfast was adequate n for the price we paid for the deluxe room with breakfast( the second most expensive room after the suite), it was excellent value for money. I would rate this hotel five-star for the room n service. If I were to go back again, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If budget permits, book a room with windows
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bunnybun
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at Angels palace for 3 nights in total. The staff were very friendly and goes above and beyond to help you out. Upon arrival we were greeted with cold drinks and once we finished checking in, the friendly staff offered us a map and showed us various points of interest.

As this was my first experience in Hanoi, I had many questions and requests, the staff were very patient and assisted me in every possible way. There were no hidden agendas like other hotels I have stayed in Vietnam.

All staff can speak English which makes things very easy for us and again, they are very friendly.

The location of this hotel is actually within walking distance to all touristy areas and if not a taxi can take you there no more than five dollars. I showed them a list of places I wanted to see and after taking their advice I must say they were very honest and correct all the time! They even help us cross the road!

The rooms were very clean and tidy. Air conditioning was always working and was perfect. This is a very new hotel and all the facilities are very modern. I spoke to one of the staff in length and it appears most staff have worked here since it first opened which is a very important aspect of a well organised hotel.

It's difficult to fault this hotel, it's cheap and located in the heart of Hanoi. I recommend this to everyone whether its a couple staying or even a family.

We are definitely coming back to Angels Palace next time we are in Vietnam.

P.S. the wi-if quality and speed was exceptional. best we've had on our tour of Vietnam.

4 Thank BennyWang
West Sussex, England
Reviewed June 14, 2013

On arrival at The Angel Palace Hotel, we received a warm welcome, map and offer to call tour company to check our reservation for Halong Bay the following day. We were shown to our third floor room which was spacious, clean and very comfortable. It was noisy with traffic but we accepted we were in a busy City! The hotel kindly organised transfers from/to the airport as we had been pre-warned of scams by taxis.

We ventured out and initially crossing the road was a challenge in itself but soon got it mastered! The hotel is in the Old Quarter so great position. We went to Night Market (which is only held at weekends) and unfortunately it started torrentially raining on arrival and we got seriously drenched as it was quite a walk back. We ended up eating dinner at the hotel and were the only ones in the restaurant and the meal was ok but nothing special. Breakfast was good.

We left our luggage in store whilst we went overnight to Halong Bay (see separate review) and on our return had been upgraded from City View Room to a Suite which was fantastic with no traffic noise and our cases were already in our room.

We really recommend this hotel for position, great value for money and providing an excellent service.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor has less traffic noise.
5 Thank Victoria996
Dallas
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went to the 4 star Silk Path Hotel after seeing a price of $79 on Priceline. When I got there, they quoted me $110. When I referenced the $79, they said that was an internet price and offered me a best deal of $95/night for two nights. I declined that offer and walked out of the hotel, turned right, and walked about 40meters until I saw the Angel Palace Hotel. It must have been my lucky day. $40/night including breakfast. Fast and free internet. Staff was much nicer than Hilton Opera, Intercontinental, and Sofitel which are all 5 star hotels. The $40 room was an interior room with no window. There was no noise. Complete silence. No light in the morning to wake me up. Breakfast was above average including eggs made to order, fresh fruits, cereals, sausage, salads, and hot soups. Not once did they hit me up for a side trip (e.g. Ha Long Bay). They did, however, help me find a various points of interests. English was great by all shifts. I will stay here again. My days of the Sofitel, Intercontinental, and Hilton Opera are over.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms have no windows which I think offer quite rooms without sunlight.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo