“Fantastic Hotel - You can't go wrong with it”
Review of Angel Palace Hotel

Angel Palace Hotel
Ranked #85 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic Hotel - You can't go wrong with it”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Angel Palace hotel is very simple put - great value for money. I stayed there for 3 nights and the experience was nothing short of fantastic.

The hotel managers and staff are all very courteous and helpful. They speak good english so you do not have to worry about any possible language barriers. They are also very friendly and can offer you good advice on where to go to eat good local food, where to shop etc. If you are interested in visiting Halong Bay and the like for tours, the hotel staff would also be able to help you book the tours with transport included.

The rooms are very clean and beautiful. The floor is carpetted, and the room has a very modern and comfortable feel to it. There is wifi access from the comfort of your rooms too. The free breakfast is very tasty and definitely not the kind that is mass cooked/produced. You have some western cuisine such as eggs, bacon, sausages (varies from day to day), or you can simply order their pho if you prefer vietnamese cuisine.

Location wise it is also very good - about 10-15 mins casual walk distance from the night market and the lake. Although for this point it is easy to argue that most other hotels in old quarters are all in 'good locations'. Old quarters isnt really that big, and if you are willing to walk, I think you'll have lots of hotels which fall into the category of 'good locations'.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel for other travellers and I would be sure to return when I visit Hanoi again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Minghao L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We are a foursome of oldies with similar interests, ie golfing and sight-seeing. We spent 3 nights in this hotel during our recent trip to Vietnam (April, 2013). We found this hotel through internet searches. Firstly, we have to admit our main criterion was pricing. We were very happy with the pricing and consider it very good value for money. The location of the hotel is another major plus factor, Situated in the section of the town known as the Old Quarter, it is right in the middle of "where the action is". It is actually within walking distance to the main tourist areas and attraction sights, especially the Hoan Kiam Lake areas and the Old Quarter shopping areas. The hotel may be smallish, a single shop-house lot, 9 stories high but it was very well appointed, with the French theme throughout the hotel. It oozes comfort, class and cleanliness, a very big contrast to the din and bustle of the non-stop traffic outside the hotel. The service was also excellent. The staff are ever so helpful. Even though language may be an issue, but they try their best to help in every aspect to make our stay as comfortable as possible. They even escort us to cross the road when they notice that we were not used to right flowing traffic, (being Malaysians we are used to left flowing traffic, and actually had a few lucky escapes because we were focusing on the wrong side of the road). The breakfast supplied was ample and good enough as we had all the desired choices, Asian, Western and local Vietnamese menu. All in all we were very happy with our stay there and we will certainly return there if we happen to come this way again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Laugoo
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spent two days at this great hotel, the rooms are spacious, very comfortable and very nicely decorated and detailed, it is also much cheaper than other hotels in the same category in other parts of the world. But as important is the staff who are very friendly and always greeted me with a smile and willing to help me with everything I needed.
When I mentioned I wanted and go see the "water puppet show" they helped me in buying the ticket, the same thing happened when I wanted to go to Halong Bay, they were booked me on a boat amazing, obviously on my return I was , without hesitation, again at the hotel for two days in a room with a beautiful view of the city of Hanoi.
In short, my stay in Hanoi was fantastic and it was largely because I was in a place where I felt very comfortable and with a staff that always worried that I did not feel like an outsider.
I have really wanted to return to visit the places that I didn't see on this trip, and when I stay in Hanoi this hotel will be my second home.

Jorge Knabe
Santiago de Chile

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Jorge K
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Our first trip to Vietnam…my husband and I spent 3 nights at Angel Palace and we will definitely be returning! Don't let the narrowish facade put you off- I'd rather stay here than at the Sofitel or any other big name hotels. Why???
1. The location is excellent- we walked to most sites, only catching a taxi when it rained.
2.The staff are outstanding in their service- courteous, attentive, good English, offering to help in any way - carrying bags to the room, crossing the road with you to the taxi, accompanying you to the train station and waiting with you for boarding of overnight train(WOW!), booking tours and cabs for you and making suggestions for sites to see. They were happy to answer questions, checked regularly that all was well with meals, room etc. All without being over the top or imposing ...Boomtown Perth needs to send their hospitality staff to Angel Palace for training!!!
3. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was great-fresh, Western/Asian, eggs cooked to order and of course, croissants.
4. Angel Palace was a great base...In Hanoi we went to the water puppet show, Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, a couple of museum's, a walk around the lake, a walking food tour (night) with Awesome Tours- it was great- be brave! And a little shopping. Hotel staff booked our train to Sa Pa (great trek in the mountains with a tribal lady) and also a 3 day cruise on Halong Bay- Pelican Tours- the best!
5. Amazing value for money.

A top holiday, thanks to friends who shared their upcoming itinerary with us and the wonderful staff at Angel Palace!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Susan J
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and everything is perfect from the minute you walk in to the hotel until you check out. It is strategically located in Old Quarters and very convenient to everything from food, shopping, sightseeing and the famous Water Puppet Show. Hotel staff speaks good English and very courteous & accommodating. Ask them anything and they will help you if they can. They help us purchase our tickets for the Water Puppet Show in Old Quarters. They also allowed us to parked our luggage in the concierge as we left for a 2day 1night Halong Bay Cruise. We return to Angel Palace after Halong Bay and stayed another night before we depart to the airport.

Rooms may be small but it is beautifully decorated and very clean. Some rooms comes with windows and some don't. It also comes with a mini bar, coffee, tea & kettle, bathrobes & slippers, toiletries, stationery, safe box, weighing machine and a comfortable bed. Free wifi connection in the rooms too. Breakfast was good and delicious (Western) with Pho (Vietnam signature noodle dish) on the menu for those who crave them.

Room Tip: Request a room with a window if you are not comfortable with a windowless room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank picklejuzz
Mackay
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a delayed review - my friend and I travelled through Vietnam in January 2013. This centrally located hotel accommodated all our needs. The rooms are small but comfortable, but who goes to Vietnam to stay in their room? The most outstanding feature of this Hotel is the staff - good English, courteous to the point that it was nearly embarrassing and they organise all your trips to Halong Bay and Sapa along with airline flights - and they get it right!! We were so impressed we used Angel Palace as our North Vietnam base, returning after trips to Halong Bay and Sapa to recuperate. As mentioned in a previous review, upon our very early morning return (5.00am) on the overnight train from Sapa, they allowed us to inhabit an "uncleaned" room to shower and rest before breakfast (excellent coffee) at no extra cost - then we moved to our booked room after breakfast.
Whilst nothing to do with the Hotel, but we did get a bit overconfident with their travel booking service and got them to book our central Vietnam tour, but this was not our best move (a 1,000 km away and staff was not overly familiar with this region - be no different than someone in Sydney booking stuff for you in Brisbane or Melbourne - our own fault really). Regrettably be elected to use Da Nang as our base for Hue and Hoi Ann. If we had our time again, we would only visit Da Nang and use Hoi Ann as our base. Nothing wrong with Da Nang, but it is a relatively large industrial city and nowhere near as tourist user-friendly as Hoi Ann.
Highly recommend Angel Palace Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Jim K
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I could not have picked a better hotel as a first time visitor. a member of staff came to the taxi and guided me through the daunting traffic, (and I thought Pattaya was bad), My room was comfortable and once I closed the door very quiet.
Breakfast was varied and plentiful and on my last day of a three day visit they sent a staff member with me in a taxi to make sure I got on the right bus to ninh binh and how much to pay,now that's service.

Room Tip: I had room 201 and although windowless it is quiet. It is however next to the lifts.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo