“Luxury hotel in the middle of town”
Review of Angel Palace Hotel

Angel Palace Hotel
Ranked #84 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
Brisbane, Australia
“Luxury hotel in the middle of town”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very good hotel with good staff, services and breakfasts. Located in the more high-end shopping part of town (think Western-style shop fronts), it's about 10-15 minutes walk from the old quarter and Hoan Kiem lake. Price definitely on the high side compared to other accommodation we used in Vietnam, but prices for most things seemed more expensive in Hanoi than elsewhere. Staff were very apologetic when they realised they had put us in the wrong room initially..

Room Tip: We chose a city view room and accidentally got put in a room at the back of the hotel initially, so...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Amazing boutique hotel in the middle of what's happening in Hanoi. I travel quite a lot for work, and I always like to spot great boutique hotels around the places I go, so I can stay away of those big "cut and paste" corporate chains. Of course, I didn't know what to expect of the concept "boutique hotel" in a rough city like Hanoi, even after reading most reviews on Trip Advisor. Well, they were all right. A gem in the middle of this chaotic and exiting part of the city, Angel Palace is very well located, surrounded by great restaurants and stores. At our arrival we were greeted by an amazing front desk attendant that explained everything we need it to know about the place, not rushing like in a typical hotel check in process, but seated in the lobby drinking a delicious hot tea. She even recommended a theater play for later and offer to go and buy the tickets for us. She later guided us to this amazing suite on the sixth floor, and open the door of this beautiful cozy suite equipped with everything you need, nothing you don't. Even a private balcony that overlooks the crowded street. No need to worry about the street noise at night, by the way. We spent only one night here, but it sure made us think twice to the possibility of rearrange our vacation schedule so we can stay here for at least two more, but impossible to change flights at this point. Special mention to a delicious mocha coffee I was prepared at the restaurant (not in the menu), that a nice waitress prepared herself to make sure I got everything I need it. That means, yes, I'm coming back for those extra nights.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alcazareo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Came here after night train arrival from Sapa. Staffs were courteous and friendly and offered us breakfast at the restaurant immediately :) Hotel was very new and room was clean. Hotel is about 15mins walk away from the night market area, water puppet theatre and u can easily find marts on the way back to the hotel. Staffs were also great in helping guests to cross the busy roads in Hanoi:) I had done my booking through direct email to hotel and as it was my honeymoon, the hotel had promised to give a honeymoon decoration in room but they had clearly forgotten all about it. We were actually quite disappointed :( But overall, it was still a pleasant stay.

1 Thank MikLSH_Sg
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 8, 2013

(dec/2012) I have no words to describe how nice was my stay in this hotel and how helpful they were. I took a train back from Ninh Binh to Hanoi (a terrible, stinky train), when I arrived there I forgot about the scam taxis and end up getting into one. When I got to the hotel I was really nervous and feeling like living Vietnam immediately. On the top of that, they had a problem in the electricity of the city view room I had booked and I had to take another room… I went to talk to the manager and he was really good at dealing with the situation. They gave me a discount and also upgrade me for the best room of the hotel for my next night, which was amazing!). He also called the Halong Bay boat company and negociate a discount with them. Its hard to explain, but this person save my trip during my time in Hanoi and this hotel would now be my first choice in Hanoi with a city view room…
The breakfast was really good and the hotel location is really good as well.
If I ever go to Hanoi again, that’s where I will stay. I will recommend this place to all my friends.

Room Tip: get a room with city view, the rooms with internal windowns are very small. if you can, try to get...
1 Thank TaisTaisTais
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

A great little hotel that is comfortable and clean. Everyone is super friendly, and you really feel looked after. When my husband and I arrived after a very long flight in the wee hours of the morning, the reception was there waiting for us, and even helped us cross the very busy street. That being said, they needed to help us, as the hotel is located on an incredibly busy street - I guess that comes with being central. Also, if you get a city view room, be prepared to bring some ear plugs because the incessant honking from the motorbikes, cars, etc will keep you up until the wee hours. Luckily we had some!

Room Tip: Don't get the city view room unless you are a heavy sleeper
1 Thank ErinFlo
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Angel Palace is a brandnew hotel in the city center of Hanoi. It's a bit bling bling, but we loved that... When you arrive with a taxi, the fantastic bellboys stop the traffic and help you cross the street. The rooms are great and the reception is always helpful & smilling. They show you points of interest on the map and show you great places to eat. We bought very expensive traintickets to Sapa at an other place. Angel Palace helped us out with the trainvouchers we got, because you need to change them before you step into the nighttrain. They send their bellboy with us in the taxi to the station! He changed the voucher into traintickets and brought us to the right traincabin. What a service... When we came back from Sapa at 5 in the morning, we could wait in the hotel lobby for our Halong Bay tour we booked through them. The gave us breakfast and we could have a shower to fresh up :) After our great Alova Gold Cruise (2 nights & 3 days), we came back to this lovely hotel! It felt like home... Our last night in Vietnam, we will never forget Angel Palace Hotel. Greetings Linda & Cassandra from Holland

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank linda k
Santiago
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent 5 days at this hotel in Hanoi's old quarter and let me tell you they deliver perhaps the best service I've ever experienced at a hotel, everyone is really attentive, if there's anyway they can help you you with anything, they will, and they won't rest until you/re completely satisfied.
The rooms are cozy, clean and comfortable, with minibar prices that won't go higher than USD 2 per item (one of the most unexpensive I've ever seen), buffet breakfast is excellent with local and western food, so there's everything for every taste.
If you ever visit Hanoi, don't think about it, stay here and you won't regret it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends