“An excellent hostel”

Hanoi Lucky Guesthouse
Ranked #245 of 623 Hanoi B&B and Inns
“An excellent hostel”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had a very good time in Hanoi and north Vietnam. The hostel staff is very friendly and helpful. Tam is always looking for guests needs, as are the other staff people, she booked tours to Sapa and Halong Bay for me and I enjoyed it very much... the hostel staff were always trying to make the best deal for me, and when I needed to change some schedulled dates due to Haiyan Tiphoon, they were very accomodating, and everything was perfect.
Í stayed in private room and found it great value for money... confortable and cozy.
I would definetely recommend Hanoi Lucky Guesthouse 2.

Room Tip: I chose the private room without street view, it was very good, for actually it has a window for nat...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Nice and friendly staff, clean room and overall security. As a solo traveller I had a very good feeling and honest and warmhearted hotel staff. Decided to come back. They even give me answers to my questions about Hanoi and gave me advices how to buy and haggle.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the lucky guesthouse 2 for 3 nights, as our first stop in vietnam was Hanoi. Pick up service at airport is 18$ and normal taxis charge around 20$ - would have uset it for the convinience, rather than spending all my time worrying about getting scammed of in a local taxi. Rooms we're excellent. Very clean room with LCD tv and a large bathroom. Standard def higher than other places we have stayed considering the 6$ pr. night. The girls in the reception always made sure we didnt leave without a Map and was eager to help with various locations in town. And even helpes us one day after being charged Way too Much for a taxi from trainstation to the hotel. Breakfast was alright - eggs with a baguette and butter/jam. The halong Bay trip on Fantasea was good value - the boat is in great condition and their guides are very friendly. Would def book again if we ever come across chaotic hanoi again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kristiansch s
Here and There and everywhere
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed at Lucky Guest House 2 for two days and during the first day in the afternoon our money was stolen from the room.
Housekeeping was in our room during that time but the hotel management refuses any responsibility. We are 100% sure that the money was there before we left the hotel at 12:30PM.

The Staff was very friendly and helpful when we arrived.

But then the got very pushy about selling trips to Halong Bay.
We told them we just wanted to get from Hanoi to Cat Ba Town on Cat Ba Island without a tour. (We specifically asked for Cat Ba Town because we heard that this can be quite the hassle to get there).
Peter said the ticket he sold us for 18$ would include all necessary tickets (Bus to Harbor -> Ferry to Cat Ba -> Bus to Cat Ba Town) but we would just need to ay 80.000 Entrance Fee.
In reality the Bus dropped us in of on the road side. We had to pay a taxi to get to the harbor, the Ferry and the Bus on the Cat Ba Island!

-> Peter lied straight to our face!

Room Tip: Triple rooms seem to have windows to the street - double room face the wall of the next building 1 m...
Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Overall the staff are friendly if a bit pushy.Good breakfast and was pretty happy with the room and laundry service was good.I am currently on the Mekong express bus entering Cambodia and chatting to my fellow tourists they all paid between $20-25 for Cambodia Visa at their guesthouse/hotel in Vietnam.Lucky guesthouse charge a massive $45...shop around!

Stayed October 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is ok, kept clean. No wifi in rooms. Breakfast an omelette and bread with jam was nice. Staff very pushy about booking tours etc with them, they began to push halong bay via email a few days before we arrived. They quizzed us on why we didn't book halong bay with them. We foolishly got our Cambodia visas with them and was charged $45 for one, that's $20 profit they made!
Overall it's an ok stay not to far from the lake. Just have your wits about you when it comes to booking :)

• Stayed October 2013
Manchester, Washington
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This guesthouse was my saving grace , an extremely fatigued, apprehensive 55 year old woman.I found the employees of the Lucky Guesthouse 2, the newest addition on Hang Ma Street, in the heart of a very busy downtown ,old quarter of Hanoi, to be very helpful, and extremely kind and respectful.
The room I shared with my 23 year old daughter, whom I was traveling with, was lovely. Nice decor, large bed, desk, wardrobe, nightstand, A/C and television. The bathroom was large , clean, and also with nice decor. There is an elevator from floor 2-6 (total floors 1-7), computer bar on the second floor, dorm style rooms for those who desire that . Prices were very reasonable. Simple breakfast provided. Beverages available in the lobby. Building is secured at night . They provided connections to reputable taxi service, and tours of popular sites. They did everything they could to make my stay comfortable and easy. I CAN'T THANK THEM ENOUGH!

Room Tip: Contact them online ahead of time so they know when to expect you. If you need a taxi, call them whe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family