“Great way to spend a morning.”

Countryside Cooking Class & Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 2,547 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Countryside Cooking class Includes : -Market visit-Demonstration,practice and tasting-Learn to cook 3 dishes per day-Recipe-English speaking Chef trainer-Lunch/Dinner Free Tea or coffee Set Menu of Cooking Class : 1:Green papaya salad with spicy beef 2:Hanoi spring rolls 3:Stir friend chicken with lemongrass and chili
Reviewed October 13, 2013

An interesting visit to the market to select fresh ingredients for the cooking class. Prepared three simple Vietnamese dishes in a surprisingly quaint kitchen. Chef spoke excellent English and made it an enjoyable morning. You then get to eat all your creations for lunch. Definitely worth doing.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I came here with my mum as she does not eat chicken or meat and it was very difficult to find a place in Hanoi that caters for this. She ordered the pizza and I got a meat stir fry. It was delicious and reasonably price. The place has a lovely feel to it and you can watch the world go by if you get a window seat.

We can back a second time with a bigger group of people. I decided to venture out and try frogs legs and duck. This was a mistake. The frogs legs were not cooked as they were in the menu description, rather they were deepfried and tastles. The duck was a bit of a dissapointment too. Lesson learnt, when in Vietname, choose Vietnamese foods!

The cocktails were also a dissapointment after coming from Hoi An where weverything is made with fresh local ingrediants. Stick to beer and you will ove this restraunt.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We inly went there as we had time ti kill before leaving for the airport and felt like relaxing. We took a table on the balcony and had a great time watching the busy street corner, reading and snacking on some pizza. The pizza was not superb but tasted good. They had many more offerings on their menu though so it is not all western pub fare but also Vietnamese dishes they offer. The mango lassi was great and all in all we found there exactly what we wanted: some peace, good service and drinks and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The review below doesn't seem to be related to the cooking class which is a shame as it will no doubt effect this part of their business.

I Cannot fault the class. Our teacher was informative, answered every question I had whilst walking through the market, also gave me samples to try without my having to ask when I was curious.

We took part, as in we chopped vegetables, rolled spring rolls, made the accompanying dip and fried the spring rolls. Same for the other parts of the meal we prepared.

There was a huge amount of food to enjoy at the end which went down with a satisfactory beer.

Our teacher didn't cook at the restaurant we took the class at so I can't comment on the food there.

1  Thank Hayley A
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went here first with the Food on Foot Tour and had Frogs Legs and Snake Wine. Went back twice more and tried lots more. Loved it all but the Deep Fried Spring Rolls and Stir Fried Veges are to die for. Great place to eat "local" if you aren't quite into street food.