“Cooking class a top experience.”

Orchid Cooking Class & Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 2,628 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Orchid Restaurant Hanoi. Our aim is very simple – to provide the very best and most authentic Vietnamese food in old quarter.To do this we use only the freshest ingredients, prepared and served by our highly skilled chefs and friendly staffs.Further more, we are providing some daily cooking classes "Interesting and enjoyable hours"
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Being a cooking and hospitality teacher by profession I was keen to know to cook some of the basic Vietnamese dishes but attending this class wasn't just an experience in cooking, but a wonderful look into the Vietnamese culture at close quarters. Our chef, Lien took us by rickshaw through the streets of Hanoi to the local market to buy some fresh ingredients. We sat in the market drinking a delicious mix of black bean and agar agar over ice which was very cooling in the 35C heat of July. Back to the restaurant and I was thrilled at the efficiency and skill that he showed us in concocting our chosen dishes. A beautiful cooking and dining space that had us 'oohhhing' and 'aahhhing' right to the last wonderful moment. Thank-you Chef!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We went to this restaurant no fewer than three times. It was perfect walking distance from our hotel, the highly recommended Oriental Central, and had english on the menu, as well as a picture of every dish, which was quite helpful.

The food was delicious, and came in a generous portion. I would say the food was ethnic Vietnamese, but catered to the western taste. The spices were not too strong, and no dish was too shocking. The broth of the soup was superb.

Although there was no a/c, there were a large amount of fans to keep the place at a comfortable temperature, and if you sat next to the window you had a great people watching view of the street. As well there were books to read organized by language for the solo travellers.

My only comment would be that the first two times we came, the amount of time it took to receive our food was quite slow, compared to the amount of people there were in the restaurant. We were seated quickly, but after that the service, although friendly and polite, was slow. However, on the third time we mentioned that we had a flight to catch, and the service was amazingly fast, so you are on a time constraint, definitely mention it!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

My intention at the beginning was joined the class just to kill some free time but the chef Mr. Duong was proved that I was wrong at all, the cooking session was so exciting and every body was so happy, enjoy their food and the time of cooking so much, Thanks Duong, you was phenomenon & brilliant !!!

2  Thank Nancy P
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Fantastic little restaurant in the center of the old quarter directly next to the excellent Oriental Central Hotel. Very good Vietnamese food and very kind staff.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I'm a chef, visiting from the US. My time with Chef Tien was incredible. He tailored a private class, based on what I wanted to learn. He is extremely talented and I learned so much. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!