“Become a master in traditional Vietnamese cuisine!”

Orchid Cooking Class & Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 2,294 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Orchid Restaurant Hanoi. Our aim is very simple – to provide the very best and most authentic Vietnamese food in old quarter.To do this we use only the freshest ingredients, prepared and served by our highly skilled chefs and friendly staffs.Further more, we are providing some daily cooking classes "Interesting and enjoyable hours"
Hay
“Become a master in traditional Vietnamese cuisine!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My daughter and I had a fantastic Vietnamese cooking class with Tien, the private class went for around three hours. Tien escorts you from your accommodation the local markets where you purchase the local produce for your cooking, this is an exciting experience where we felt totally immersed in local culture. Back at the class we were taught 4 very different recipes consisting of Hanoi Spring Rolls, Stir Fried Chicken with Lemongrass and Chilli, Traditional Rice Noodle Soup with Chicken and Green Papaya Salad, all of which were Delicious! In such a relaxing environment tucked away from the vibrant streets of Hanoi we felt very comfortable asking the pleasant staff about the area and their local knowledge was very helpful. We had a superb time and I would definitely recommend it!

• Visited September 2012

• Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“lovely class”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We loved our cooking class! We had a morning class with just the two of us, so we were able to pick any four dishes from their menu. (we had dinner there the night before and loved the food so were happy with this!). The class went for about 3 hours and we paid around 40 dollars US. It included a trip to the market close by, where we got some of the ingredients of what we were going to cook. We chose: Stir fried chicken with lemongrass and chilli, green mango salad with seadfood, vietnamese pancakes and pho chicken. It was great because we were able to choose our menu rather than compromise with other people or work off a small prescribed list.
The food was amazing, we ate halfway through after we had finished preparing two dishes, then made the next two. We were so full, do not have breakfast before you go. Our instructor was very friendly and professional and had good english. I will definately be making these dishes when I get home, (were given recipes to take home). I would highly recommend this class. Thanks so much Tien

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sara S
Thailand
“Definitely Take the Class”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife and I took this class together. She is the cook and I'm the eater but I decided I would go along as she was the only one in the class. Mr Minh Tien took us on a quick market tour and then back to the classroom. We cooked four dishes: hanoi spring rolls, chicken noodle soup, stir fry chicken with lemongrass and chilli, and green mango salad with seafood. The class was very good for me and my wife enjoyed it. She learned a new way to make spring rolls and a couple other techniques. I slowed the class down a little since I am not as skilled with a knife (chopping,slicing,etc) as the instructor or my wife. However, the instructor was patient. The only thing that my wife noticed was that the instructor did most of the actual cooking while the student only did the prep work. As a beginner I wouldn't want to be trying to do all the things around gas stove but my wife is more adept at using the stove and would have like to done some of the actual cooking. I don't think it matters to most people but something to be aware of if your interested in a total hands-on cooking experience.

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Rocking Cooking Class with Tien!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a fantastic cooking class with Tien and the crew at Orchid- specialized for my vegetarian needs! As opposed to large group classes, Tien offers small private classes. We had our own class just for two- we loved it!

They picked us up in morning from our hotel and whisked us to the local market to select ingredients and learn about the various spices and delicies that can be found in Vietnam. After sampling some 'interesting' local street food we came back to the kitchen and started cooking away!

Tien was great, very helpful and fun. We learned so much about Vitenamese cuisine and left stuffed. A fantastic way to end our trip in Hanoi. A real highlight!!

Thank you Tien!!

• Visited August 2012
Hanoi
“Best cooking class ever”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Been to a few cooking classes all over Asia but this one beats them all..Chef Tien was fantastic and so easy going. We started the day with a culinary tour of the markets where he explained and showed us traditional foods, spices as we purchased the ingrediants for the days class. We returned to his restaurant where we were greeted by his friendly staff as they helped us prepare for the days lessons. This was a great day with traditioal cookingat its best, we cooked 4 dishes overall with the first being Pho Bo (rice noodle soup with beef) followed by Tom Bao Mia (grilled shrimp on sugar cane) then there was sea snails (large ones stuffed with pork paste and the snail meat ) and for dessert we made Sua Chua Nep Cam (black sticky rice with yoghurt) overall a experience to remember. .. Thanks chef Tien and all the staff for your hospitality and for letting us experience such a woderfull culinary culture with such great people

• Visited August 2012