“On a good day it's something worth seeing”
Review of Perfume Pagoda

More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed September 11, 2013

It seems this is a must do I you're around Hanoi. 2 of us went and were joined with about 10 others in our group. The coah there was nice, but we did stop at a very touristy/pushy cafe/local goods centre, which was nice and sold traditional things, but it wasn't necessary and after a while pushy shop keepers get a bit hmm. But we only stopped for 25 mins before carrying on! We got there on a bad day- crazy crazy rain! The boat ride was nice, albeit a tad wet. But I'm sure on a warm, clear day it would have been fab! The women row about 6/7 people up the river- they're very strong! We got there and had a buffet style lunch, which was nice enough- there were meat, vegetarian and fish dishes so it suited everyone! After that we walked up to the top (the chairlift was out of Order....) but I'm gla we did because I can't imagine how time would fill if you didn't walk up. It is steps though, and uphill for a good 45 mins.

The top is nice and it's lovely to get there, and so is the boatride. But it's a good 2.5 hours drive from Hanoi and left my boyfriend and I wondering whether it was worth it. But like I said, horrendous rain!

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Once you reach the grotto, it is impressive but I must say I did feel underwhelmed when the previous day I had experienced some of the caves of Halong Bay.

What makes this a worthwhile excursion is the journey here and the outstanding scenery as you gently paddle to the base of the mountain and climb the gondola to the top station.

We obviously went out of season and there were only 20 people visiting which made it more of a positive experience. Was planning to walk, but it is just a gauntlet of shops...all the way.

1  Thank Tom083
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Too busy, too dirty because too may people come at the new year time! Thousand of people come per day to pray for happy new year! People jam! but great experience!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

From traditional vietnam boat, trekking in slippery mountain stones and taking cable car to reach a Budha temple in the middle of mountain and it's really good experience to do in Vietnam. Prepare your rain coat and good climbing shoes in this place especially during the muson season. Bon decouvrir a vous....

1  Thank travelchic1981
Reviewed August 17, 2013

just an awesome place...5 large chambers, gardens, some musicians, students rubbing the turtles heads for good luck in an upcoming test, (no longer allowed as they are artifacts) it's truly an ancient oasis in a busy city. Behind it a block is the The FIne Art Museum - another must see. 2000 years of natural lacquer art that is purely Vietnamese. Truly worth the trip!