“Excellent museum!!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$83.00*
and up
Hanoi Sightseeing full day (Private)
Ranked #66 of 290 things to do in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: History buffs will appreciate the expansive collections on hand in this educational museum.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

One of the best museums I have been to. It shows various pre-historic to present displays and the artifacts displayed were excellent. My wife and I went at the end of our last day instead of the Ecology museum and were very pleased with what was there. I would recommend anyone going to check it out. The part of prehistoric man was superb.

All reviews
in 35 reviews
"revolution"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Yet again, on my 4th visit to Hanoi, I went to this museum. It is very, very good - superb exhibits, well displayed in a stunning old French villa. Be aware, there are 2 separate buildings.
Concentrate on the one that goes up to the start of the 20th century. The other building is a rather tedious collection of exhibits about Ho Chi Minh, the Revolution and the American War(as they call it) - it's basically a heap of propaganda.

Do yourself a favour, spend a $1 here !

Reviewed November 20, 2013

It was a rainy morning in hanoi so i took a cab to the museum to spend some time indoors. I was quite surprised to find i spent 90 minutes exploring the museum and did not get bored , as i usually do in museums. There were many interesting exhibits and some quite beautiful ones as well. The museum is spacious , clean and well laid out. With an admission price of VND 20,000 ( us$1.00 ) it is well worth a visit.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

As we were on tour and part of our agenda was to visit the History Museum we ventured in. The building itself was lovely and the presentation given by our guide was great, but, unfortunately I was a little bored with it all and wasn't that interested.