“Worth a visit. ” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Morning Tour of Hanoi
Ranked #77 of 274 things to do in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Though not quite the same since a devastating fire in 1994, this famous market is nevertheless a landmark trading post.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Worth a visit. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We went to the market with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised. It's really busy, but thats just Hanoi in a nutshell. Didn't buy anything, but it was an experience. Ps: watch out for pickpocketing.

1 Thank Liv S

• Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Local market, tourist price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Be careful of pick pockets in here! Dong xuan is the market to go if u're at hanoi, just as u'd head to ben thah market in ho chi minh city or chatuchak market in bangkok. take a walk and see some local fare

1 Thank Joseph Y
washington, D.C.
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Maybe worth a quick visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I spent about half an hour visiting this huge market recently. We went with our Vietnamese guide who pointed out some highlights, having asked us generally what we wanted to see. Unlike other large markets we have visited in Beijing and Bangkok, this was not a place where we bought anything. It was mostly a wholesale market where things were sold in bulk. However, we found it an interesting experience just to see what it was like. Very colorful and crazy!

Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very interesting experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I went here to experience the market atmosphere, although many reviews nearly made me change my mind, I went. It was extremely busy and full of different stalls, The atmosphere was amazing, I bargained for a souvenir which was a very pleasant process and real cheap. I found most people very pleasant, although some are a little pushy but I guess they are trying to make a living. I personally would recommend this very different experience.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Derek D
Quezon City, Philippines
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Good for last-minute shopping, wouldn't go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Average market, but it's quite big: if you need to do some last-minute shopping but don't want to run around the city just to find something unique, you can try going here. Prices are, of course, much higher for tourists (about 50% more than the actual selling price). Liked the stores outside more.

1 Thank tintannabulation