“Very well done!”

Fine Arts Museum (Bao Tang My Thuat)
Book In Advance
$87.50*
Private Full-Day Hanoi City Tour
Ranked #22 of 284 things to do in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum was opened in 1966. Though in need of updating, some interesting artifacts are on display in its three floors organized chronologically.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Do not miss the amazing Vietnamese art here. The lacquer paintings are beautiful and unique and so are the silk paintings. The contemporary art is also very good and telling of the country;s history. This is an impressive collection and please do NOT overlook the ceramics in the lower most level!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

A huge display of art housed in a lovely old building. Numerous rooms to get lost in. The sculptures were great. They ranged from ancient to modern. Many of the modern ones are war focused. The art work is very varied from ancient to modern and we thoroughly enjoyed the different mediums used. We have taken a large selection of photos of the various pieces on display

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was thrilled to see some of the art I had previously seen only in photos, especially the Impressionist and ethnic art. I was surprised that some of the “revolutionary” (propaganda) art was quite good. I cannot help but feel that Vietnam has even more to offer, but, I suppose that is in Saigon. I am also not all that knowledgeable about art. It was very easy to get to and leave via taxi.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

The museum is in a beautiful building and is packed with fascinating artefacts. Fine Nguyen dynasty sculpture and paintings, beautiful woodblock prints from the mountain peoples, and amazing contemporary works are all on display. I really enjoyed looking around, the art on display is breath taking.

1  Thank Rocco A
Reviewed June 23, 2014

it was interesting to see, however a bit repetitive. although we are not arty people so others may enjoy it more.