“Excelent Service - Great Location and staff!”

Camellia 4 Hanoi Hotel
Ranked #205 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
London, United Kingdom
“Excelent Service - Great Location and staff!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife and I have just returned to the UK from a 2 week trip to Vietnam - which we thoroughly enjoyed - the Calmellia 4 hotel was our first stop when we flew in to Hanoi after it had been recommended to us.

The hotel staff were absolutely first rate, exceptionally, warm and friendly in our two night, three day stay They really went out of their way to help us with all our transfer, flights, trains - accompanying us to the Hanoi train station - getting us on the right carriage and even meeting us on our return to help us get a taxi early in the morning at the right price. They even gave a present of coffee when we were leaving as they saw me drinking so much in the morning (I was pretty jetlagged for the first couple of nights).

The hotel was really clean, good quality room which was really quiet and private. There was a complimentary snacks, fruit and drinks everyday which was lovely. The hotel is in good walking distance of the main sights and there's some good quality restaurants near which we tried - it's a few streets away from where it gets really excessively busy in the center of old town which can make a big difference - all at a really good price. The staff are what makes it exceptional - first rate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
camellia4, Manager at Camellia 4 Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear our Guests,

It is interesting that you had chance to experience at our Camellia 4 Hanoi hotel. And, it is certainly a delight for us reading such wonderful words about our hotel.

As being an intimate hotel in the Hanoi Old Quarter, it is always important for us to take a special care to all of our guests in order to carter the best service to you. And, we are happy to learn that you have appreciated the personal service that we provide.

Needless to say, being compared with big hotels is always great for us and exceeding these in service is even more delightful. Please, rest assured that we would try our utmost to create you all the most comfortable trip in Vietnam. Look forward to welcoming you all at our Camellia 4 Hanoi Hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Camellia 4 Hotel for 3 nights and I had a very pleasant stay.
The room was clean and spacious, including aircon, tv and a desk to do some work.
After a long day I was happy I had found a really confortable bed, for me one of the best in Vietnam, and I had a good night rest.
The breakfast in the morning was delicious with a lot of choice (breakfast buffet) and I got my stomach full for the beginning of the day.
The staff is really friendly and helpful and there is always somebody around with good knowledge of English. Manager Binh is the one to talk to if you want to arrange something, he is a nice guy.

I had an awesome stay!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
camellia4, Người quản lý at Camellia 4 Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014

Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I came in Hanoi 2 days ago on 10 pm after a 10 hours drive with a motorbike I checked in camellia 4 hotel with my mate we had a twin room the rooms a really big everything looks good and the beds are really comfy I didn't want to leave anymore the bathroom was good with a big bath what's better then a big warm bath after a cold 10 hours drive on a motorbike it was lovely they have computers downstairs always good to upload photos Skype Facebook all the staff is really nice and funny and there English is good plus points for the manager binh he helped me a lot I lost my Pastpoort on the way to hanoi he went with me to the police to make a statement that I lost my Pastpoort because first moment the police didn't want to help me with his help I was it a lot easier so that I could make a new Pastpoort at the embassy thanks a lot

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Oakland, California
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had a gorgeous room overlooking a wonderful neighborhood in Hanoi. The staff was amazingly helpful, friendly and warm. When we came back after several days out of town they gave us a standing ovation when we entered the lobby! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
camellia4, Manager at Camellia 4 Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2014

man
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great little hotel, nice and friendly. Mr Binh the manager a bit O.T.T, obsequious like the uncle in The Adams family film. The hotel is right in the beating heart of the old quarter near everything. The only down side is the nightclub next door that seems inordinately loud but only for a short while. There are bars, restaurants, spas and shops all around and a great smoothie bar too.

Room Tip: Nightclub noise not so bad for inside rooms but street rooms suffer 10 to 12 pm
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank photonomad48
camellia4, Manager at Camellia 4 Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear our guest,

Thanks for your review of Camellia 4 hotel.

We are very happy to reading your review. It'll help us keep and improve our service.
We'll hope you enjoy our foods, dirnk and service our offer for you, Did you get good memories when travel?
If our hotel had any problem, please tell us to make our service more and more better.

we hope you'll happy and full of succes.

I'm happiness if your can introduce our hotel to your friends and stay with us agint when you come VIetnam.

Thaks againt for your stay with us!

Best regards,

Nhung Dao.
Suisun City, California
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I like the location and the rooms can not be beat for the price. The staff are very helpful and you are in the old quarter with lots of shops and restaurants for westerners. Also access to the central lake and museums.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
camellia4, Manager at Camellia 4 Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear George D,

Thanks for your stay with our hotel.

We are really happy when we read your review.

Hope you was enjoy a part of our life, saw the difference in our culture, have got the good memories about us. We hope you'll be happy and full of success in your life!

Thanks agian for your review of Camellia 4 Hotel.

Best wishes for you!
Wymondham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2013

That room was spacious for the price and was very clean. It was located down a small street which wasn't really busy unlike most of the other streets nearby. The staff were really friendly and I has an amazing cooking class with a young woman ms. Thuy from the hotel, who helped us make some amazing dishes which I'll be making for my friends and family soon.

Room Tip: I had a room near the top of the hotel which had a nice view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
camellia4, Manager at Camellia 4 Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thanks for your stay with us!

Thanks Liz F for yor review of Camellia 4 Hotel Hanoi.
Your review is really important with us, it'll make our service more and more better. We'll try to make best service to customers.
I hope you'r always happy and full of successes in your life.

I hope you'll chose our hotel if you come againt or Introdce our hotel to your friends when they visit VietNam.

Thanks againt.