“Great business hotel !!!!”

Fortuna Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #188 of 606 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for work because it was close to my office. The staff is highly courteous, welcoming, friendly, polite and helpful. There is little of interest within a short walking distance of the hotel. A taxi is needed to go anywhere worthwhile but then taxis are readily available and fare is not high. My room, an executive floor, was very spacious. Executive lounge on the 5th floor offered complimentary snacks, newspapers, and use of computers. Overall, a homely and comfortable stay. I am definitely coming back on my next Hanoi visit.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank TrangKum

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We made a last minute booking to visit Hanoi. We stayed at the Fortuna during our last visit almost 8 years ago. I was impressed as the hotel looked better then ever. We stayed in adjoining rooms on the 15th floor. The rooms were big and confortable. The kids were thrilled with the Jacuzzi in the bathroom, there was plenty of space in the room for them to play card games or lounge around on the sofa. There was no kids channel, but that was't a problem as my kids had their own tablets and there was Wifi.

I liked the little touches like the way the bathroom had a screen to seperate the tub/shower area and the toilet, so the floor was always dry at the sink area. Turn down service with the mint chocolate on the pillows.

There is a capital lounge on the 5th floor that is perfect for cozying up with a good book. Quiet, big comfy sofas, with an array of snacks, food, refreshment available all day. There is even a meeting room inside, which is thoughful for business travelers who might need a last minute huddle before a big meeting/presentation.

There is a ladies only gym and spa on the 5th floor which is great. They usually do not allow children, but it was low season I think and since the Jacuzzi in the spa was empty on a Sunday morning, the lady manning the counter (I forgot to get her name, but she is such a sweet lady) allowed my kids in there. It was a large jacuzzi, almost like a small swimming pool, with powerful jets. There was also a steam room. I think they infused lemon grass in the steam. Really nice.

The hotel is a short cab ride away from any shops or attractions (less than SGD8 to Old Quaters). It also has many shops and restaurents within walking distance. We went to Old Quarters and some of the newer malls like Royal City, but we really got the best deals at some of the shops near the hotel. Be prepared to walk into the small shops and bargain with a smile.

My kids aren't adventurous eaters so we ate at the hotel mostly. There is a great variety.

I would most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors with access to Capital lounge
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I recently went to Hanoi for a business trip. And it was my first time to stay in this hotel. The location of the hotel was just perfect for me because it’s very near to where my work is. But for tourist they have to take taxi to go to the City proper. Finding a taxi is never a problem; the very helpful staff will help you and guide you. This hotel has the friendliest staff I ever encountered.

The hotel itself has a complete facility. They have KTV Bar at the basement, electronic gaming at the first floor, GYM, aquatic pool and salon at the fifth floor and SPA at the pent house. I was very impressed and I was very satisfied staying in this hotel. The staff services are up to its high standard, the food at the restaurant was amazing. Your money is worth every penny for what this hotel offers you. I am 100% definitely sure I am going back to this hotel and moreover, I will introduce and recommend this hotel to my friends. Two thumbs up for this hotel

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Zackry M
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights here recently. Spacious room and well maintained. Service excellent but food alright. The breakfast menu should be more varied. For 3 mornings, the breakfast buffet served the same items and pastries. However, wifi is NOT free here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Irenecyl
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in the executive floor and the best things here I can say is the Executive Lounge in the 5th floor. The service is excellent and the staff is great. The Gym and Dim Sum here is good too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank moonsoonlan
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in mid November 2013.

Reviews that I have read on this website suggested that this is a "girl friendly" hotel. I guess the reason could be the Boss KTV that was located in the basement. In the KTV, scantily clad women were always ready with a "Welcome Boss!" greeting. It doesn't bother me a single bit.

The façade of the hotel makes it stand out from its surrounding buildings. It facilities includes swimming pool (which I didn't use because of the cold weather) & a very well equipped gym on the 5th floor. Having a stable of at least 10 running machines, the gym is the definitely rank amongst the top hotel gyms that I have been to this year. There was even a fitness specialist on duty to guide the guests along. Impressive!

I was given a free upgrade to a room on the capital floor because the room was booked under corporate rate. The room came with complimentary fruit & snacks, which were topped up daily, The room was big in size, the bed was super comfortable. For my bathroom, it came with a attached Jacuzzi which I didn't really use.

The hotel provided a decent spread of food on the 5th floor. You can order dishes that are not displayed (like eggs, noodles) from a menu.

Overall, this is one of the best hotels that I have been to in 2013. I would recommend this hotel to travellers in Hanoi.

2 Thumbs up!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here for a clients conference for 4 days and 3 nights, i admit i was a bit nervous because i am used to staying in chain hotel and never heard of this hotel before.

I got in a bit late at night due to flight delay, but even at 11.50PM the restaurant is still open and serve good dinner for me..

The location was about 40 minutes from hanoi airport, it's convenient enough for me because i can walk around and o a bit of sightseeing in the evening.

Room was okay and clean, on the second day i found many bugs like little ants in the bedsheets and had to clean the bedsheets again.. The sink drainage got clogged in the third day but i didnt complaint since im leaving the next day anyway. My room has jacuzzi so it's fun..

The club have other interesting facilities for the male traveler, it has casino, boss ktv in the basement and spa de palace on the 17th floor. For those who are into that kind of stuff might find it interesting.

Room Tip: Take the studio king with added jacuzzi in the room...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business