Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 12/18/21
Expedia.com$55
Trip.com$43
eDreams$57
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Overall I give an A for the hotel. Except the WIFI coverage is weak for some rooms.
Suggestion to pick room away from street view, or choose higher floors.
The breakfast was nice and variety choice of foods.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had a short two night business stay at the Fortuna. I stayed on the 10th floor. I found the staff were always friendly and helpful. The room was ample in size and clean. The corner spar bath in the bathroom was a pleasant surprise. There is a large flat screen with enough channels to keep you entertained. Breakfast was sufficient. There is a nightclub and casino downstairs but I never had time to go into either so I can’t add anything about them. The only downside for me was the internet. The internet both wired and wireless was intermittent and when it worked it was extremely slow to the point of being unusable.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Ross B
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The thing that stuck to my mind was, every morning, I will definitely not be late for my appointments. Instead of lazily pulling myself out of bed after hitting the snooze on the alarm clock more then once, I was irritated out of bed by the beeps, sharp melodic horns and the endless drones of scooters that started just before sunrise. Hanoi, what do you expect? Traffic is the signature of any Vietnam city. Breakfast, a selection of it was very Singaporean-Malaysian oriented and this could be contributed by the fact that the hotel is Singaporean owned. I had no complains, I had one of the best Singapore food outside of Singapore here. The Jwee Kuay was extremely excellent for those who know what it is. They also had Yu Char Kuay to accompany your congee, but the congee was sadly tasteless. Being Singaporean owned means knowing what Singaporeans want and therefore, there is the favorite KTV in the basement for all your corny desires. But after checking the price, where I come from (Bangkok) was much less painful on my pockets, I decided to not give the scores of sweet looking dolls a chance to have a drink with me. To douse your carnal desire, there is a pool in the lower floors and I have to say it was crowded. The pool is glass walled offering coffee goers lined along the restaurant a front view of submerged body parade. If there is nothing proud for you to parade about, being budging muscles or whatever budging your imagination may lead, there are loads of shops that lined the street in all directions. But getting anything was like chicken speaking to duck. Oh, and as for taxis, this hotel happens to be on a road where taxis are not allowed during specific hours of morning and evenings. This ridiculous taxi curfew is to curb traffic congestion at the expense of guest conveniences. The hotel do offer shuttle to some unfamiliar so called stations somewhere else where one is left defenseless against taxi ripping you off. Not a typical hotel for relaxation or long stay, but a hotel suitable for a short stopover or for the business traveler very suitable it is.

Room tip: Take a room that is high and not facing the street if possible.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank KingsLCL
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This is a hotel situated at the business district of Hanoi, around 15 minutes away by car (in traffic) from the Old Quarter. It meets basic requirements. The rooms are adequate in size. The bed was firm with two comfortable pillows provided. The linens were clean. The carpet, however, needed cleaning especially in areas partially covered by the bed. Closet space is enough for one person staying for 5 days. A mini-safe is provided. The central light switch didn’t work but the air conditioner thermostat was perfect. The door opens when you use a security card that is also used to switch on power for the room. There is a single bolt security lock on the door. A fruit platter on the first day was a welcome treat. I just wished the mango were ripe because I heard that Vietnamese mangoes were exceptional.
The bathroom was fairly large with a Jacuzzi in place. The bathroom interior was dark and dated compared to the room. Hand towel racks should be put into place near the washbasin instead of in one corner of the bathroom. Water pressure and heating were adequate. The showerhead piece was placed too low to use so one had to sit or to bend or to hold it. For safety, a grab handle should be installed on the wall because the anti-skid mat in the Jacuzzi does not cover the entire surface. The bathroom amenities (toiletries) would have been adequate if they were provided completely everyday. One day, there wasn’t any bath gel; the next day the lotion or soap was missing.
Two bottles of water were provided daily. Breakfast was served at the ground floor of the hotel. The selection was adequate but favored meat-eaters and I guess the most common nationalities that frequent the hotel. E.g. kimchi for breakfast. The bread quality was good for a hotel especially the danishes and the baguettes. There were different choices of yogurt. I settled for the one that had a fruit that I didn’t recognize but was, according to the waitress, “good for the skin.” ;)
The front desk staff and concierge speak English, but one should be prepared to speak basic phrases such as “Where is hotel…” or “where is the loo?” while outside the hotel. The hotel is an hour away from the airport by car so it is important to book transportation ahead of time.
It was a pleasant no-frills stay. I felt safe as a solo traveler.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Lilinani
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stay 2 nites here with a tour group in Dec last year,I like the room layout . big bed and soft pillows, just like home ! breakfast is OK, must say that the waitresses are very well trained and attentive compared to other hotels I stayed at Hanoi. never went to the casino or ktv at the basement, may be in my next visit !

Date of stay: December 2011