“The most special hotel in town”

Fortuna Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #195 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Good hotel for business travelers. There is a great karaoke at lower ground floor, i.e the boss. Try it whenever you stay at this hotel and you may know what so special about this hotel...........

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank cytan1974

Reviewed November 14, 2011

The hotel is well equiped with all your necessaries: pool, gym, restaurant (Cafe, Chinese & Japanese), spa & hair saloon. They even have a casino!!!

I'm not a fans for gaming, but I really like their facilities. The pool is great, can see tru from the side of the pool. Gym is facing of the beautiful pool, also the hair saloon. Pool is open from 6am-10pm, hair saloon closed at 9pm. I definitely have time to enjoy the facility even I am back to hotel late after work.

Hair saloon provide service at very resonable price, USD5 for hair wash + blow, USD7 for hair cut. I definitely will go to try in coming one or two days.

Hotel breakfast is great, beef porridge, cawan mushi, pho, spring roll, hot soya milk with fried yao char kwai.....etc. Can't wait for the breakfast tomorrow.

The rate is reasonable, with complimentary internet at room. Non smoking room is available, but you have to sign on a form to declare that you won't smoke in their non-smoking room, and, DURIAN is prohibited!! No prob.

The room is not very big, clean, but room deco is just normal. Bathtub is available. Bath Towel are new, clean and soft. The first day I entered my room, a fruite platter was served (a mango, 2 bananas & a big apple). And a lovely banquet of white roses was just on my coffee table.

Strongly recommended, if your office is nearby to this hotel.

Room Tip: No comment.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank datin_tan
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights as it was within a 5 minute walking distance to the Vietnam Exhibition & Fair Centre (VEFAC) where my work were exhibiting. I opted for the excutive level rooms which allows express check-in and check-out at the executive lounge, which was speedy and efficient. I found the hotel staff throughout my stay to be freindly and very helpful, the hotel is clean and my room was what I would expect for this level of hotel. The excutive lounge was ideal, breakfast was very good and catered for all tastes and all day access allowed for refreshments when required, with additional evening cocktails between 17.00 and 19.30. The hotel is not ideally situated for Hanoi city centre and a taxi ride can be 15 to 30 minutes depending on traffic, which can be an experience in itself. All in all I would happily stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the building can be noisy due to Vietnamese loving their car / moped horns. Ex...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank srb1972
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I got this hotel because I was in a business trip - so my company paid. Alone, I'd go somewhere else more central, if fun/vacations were the purpose (see other reviews from me).
The staff was very nice, breakfast was good and varied and the hotel restaurant is also good, but expensive. Breakfast was included in the price, which is a plus for me.
Internet was good and the rooms were big as well as the bathroom. Clean and well taken care off. I don't know if there was a gym or a pool because I don't have time to check for the amenities.
The hotel staff also managed to recover my money after being scammed by a taxi driver. I complained to them about this when the guy drove me to the hotel - they have "secret" buttons under the driving wheel where they surcharge you big time - , I noticed this and told them that I wanted them to call the police. Of course the taxi drive then admitted and gave me the money back, which I used to tip the hotel personnel.
Very good hotel quality, but far away from the city centre, It was near the place where I needed to be working, so that was ok.
There's also a nice restaurant on the right side of the hotel that serves western food, if you're craving for it. There's also an ATM immediately at the parking lot of the hotel.
Good for business, but not for budget travellers! Recommended!
I travelled July/August 2010, but TripAdvisor only let's me select Nov2010

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Nuno_the_Curious
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed 2 nights for business. The hotel is about 1 hour by car from International airport. Location is ok but too far from downtown where we had meetings mostly. This is however not the hotel's fault. The room is ok, a bit worn out. I didnt try the food at all so i have no comment. BUT, the most annoying memory is the rude attitude of the servicestaff of this hotel. They treat you like you are a potential thief! A friend of mine who stayed in other hotel came to join us working. He couldnt come up to the room because he didnt bring his passport. Ok, we respect the rule. But when i came down to lobby and proved hes my friend, my friend stiil not allowed to come to my room! What policy is it? More disgustingly, the attitude of a so-called female in uniform claiming managerial role was totally unacceptable. Eventhough my friend had spoken loudly but his words were perfectly in a manner and we were few steps away from that female. It was in the day time, we were both male. The female talked back to us in a even louder voice, asking to change the hotel if we wanted as we demanded checking out immediately due to the rudest attitude and the unacceptable rule if this hotel. Have you ever treated in any similar way anywhere in the world? We just regretted we couldnt check out as we were in a hurry for work and we had no time looking for another hotel at that time. We feel so ridiculous! We have been to Hanoi several time but this is the biggest joke i've ever witnessed. I've responsibility to tell every to stay away from this.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Brandon L
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Have stayed a few times and paid the little extra for executive level rooms. This gives great check-in and check-out efficiency and good other benefits. Food and room service is comparable to similarly priced Hanoi hotels. Good spa and great outdoor pool areas. Alcohol is a little pricey. Rooms are spacious and modern. Service overall is efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: Get an executive level room
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank De_Chook
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I was in Hanoi for a business trip and stayed in Fortuna for a night. The Deluxe room was what I would have expected. The air-conditioning worked great, quiet, clean, big flat screen TV with international channels and the Jacuzzi was a really nice touch. The bed was also very comfortable. Breakfast came with the room rate and was average. Location is good if you are attending an exhibition at the expo, or don't mind taking a cheap taxi 15mins into the Old Quarters.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business