2,296 results
All reviews old quarter great hotel business hotel breakfast buffet modern hotel upgraded to a suite high floor business trip hoan kiem lake an upgrade french quarter mini bar the executive lounge comfortable rooms halong bay conference gym
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Melia Hanoi

This is hotel ticks all the boxes for me; location, quality of rooms and the staff.
The hotel is in the old quarter, about 1km away from the centre. For me I like to walk and get some exercise when I’m on holidays, I didn’t catch one taxi so all the main sites and experiences are within a 10-15 minute walk. The apricot hotel was going to be my next pick but it has no pool which is a deal breaker for me. I got one of the corner suites, HUGE with a super comfy bed and daily cake-pops! The outside pool is small but what you’d expect for CBD hotel. If you’re after sun, get there from 12-5, no sun in the morning.
We had one blip on our first day with the staff but the way they handled it was perfection. They keep to makeup the room around 8am (a little early in my opinions ), my partner was sleeping in the lounge area and the staff member gave a one-knock, opened the door and woke up my partner. He showed him away and that was that.
What I was so impressed with was while we were getting food at the breakfast buffet the hotel manager found us to apologise. The original staff member realised he’d done the wrong thing and it had obviously been communicated through several others to then find us at breakfast to make amends. We were never going to complain but the fact they kept an eye out for us at breakfast to then find the manager to find us is admirable. It might not seem like a big deal but I have a great appreciation that they believe the guest experience is paramount. On the last day a lady who had served us breakfast came to us to wish a safe trip to halong (she remembered) and got us a takeaway bag filled with fruit and pastries. If you search Wyndham Legend you will find I had the opposite experience upon leaving there. If you’re going to Halong don’t stay at this hotel. Back to the Melia - book it, stay and enjoy the local sites

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
MeliaHanoiHotel, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Andrew L,

On behalf of Melia Hanoi Team, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your recent stay in Hanoi and for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel facilities and services.

We are glad to know that, despite the mistake made by our team member, our hospitality met your requirements and your were impressed by the way we handled our mistake. I will share your feedback with the whole team and I am sure they will be delighted with your kind feedback.

Client’s satisfaction is our ultimate commitment and thanks to all constructive comments, which help us with our continuing effort to improve the service quality for our valued guests.

We thank you again for your strong support to Melia Hanoi and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were celebrating a special Wedding Anniversary whilst at the Melia and we really appreciated the very special attention they gave us, including a special cake on arrival and an upgrade to the The Level Suite when we returned from a cruise at Ha Long Bay- The hotel is very luxurious and the staff most attentive- the bed was really comfortable and we both slept very well- The breakfast was plentiful with many options to choose from - I would definitely recommend a stay it Melia Hanoi

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

Dear Emma g,

I would like to thank you very much for having chosen Melia Hanoi and for publishing such inspiring and motivating words on Tripadvisor.

We are proud to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and I am delighted with your comments about the room, breakfast and staff.
Our principal aim is to give you our best service, make your stay unforgettable and reach your expectations. Your positive comments will help us with our continuing effort to improve the service quality.

Once again, our most sincere thanks for your nice comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Melia Hanoi in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in a suite so it had a separate lounge room which was massive. Bed was super comfy. Bathroom was large and equipped like any other 5 star hotel. Gorgeous chocolates waiting in the room and the service/staff couldn’t have been better. I didn’t eat there so can’t comment on the food but my experience was great. Get this room if you can. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business

Dear NoSherpa,

Thank you very much for choosing Melia Hotel for your recent stay in Hanoi. It was a great pleasure to have you with us.

I am delighted to learn that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Your great review has been shared with the whole team to further support our aim to deliver exceptional services and to create treasured memories for our valued guests.

Once again, our most sincere thanks for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2018

The graciousness of Melia Hotel's staff, together with the classiness of the hotel, make my stays in Hanoi so enjoyable. It's the perfect business hotel; and if you can afford it for a holiday, you must. Rooms are appointed so well - from bed comfort to amenities to the sweet treat every evening at turn-down. Restaurants are excellent! Staff is consistently welcoming, warm and helpful. They all speak English well and will go out of their way to help you.

They get taxis from two reputable companies only, and this proved to be a value I never imagined on a recent visit. I lost a precious ring in a taxi, only discovering it was missing after leaving the cab. To my amazement, the driver returned the ring! The hotel updated me throughout the process. On my next visit, I had the joy of thanking the driver, with the help of the chief concierge. To think of how little money a driver earns, of how useful this ring could have been, and how much character it took to do the right thing. The hotel has built trusting relationships that truly benefit patrons. I am eternally grateful!

Room Tip: All rooms are lush
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
MeliaHanoiHotel, Guest Experience Officer at Melia Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear Sara P,

On behalf of Melia Hanoi team, I would like to thank you for choosing Melia Hanoi for your stays in Hanoi as well as taking your time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. We built a strong relationship with all our partners to reach the expectations of our guests in every single moment of their stays.

We are happy to know that our services, staff and atmosphere always make you feel at home.

Your nice comments will help us with our continuing effort to improve the service quality for our valued customers.

Once again, our most sincere thanks for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Melia Hanoi soon.

Kind regards,

Enric Castells
Guest Experience Team

Reviewed October 7, 2018

We loved the Melia and had a fabulous three night stay. Our room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The view from the bedroom and lounge room was great. We had room service one night and it was delivered efficiently and the food was delicious.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Hanoi and would definitely stay at the Melia again.
Thank you for a memorable stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
MeliaHanoiHotel, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Dear BarbsZ,

On behalf of Melia Hanoi Team, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your recent stay in Hanoi.

We are delighted to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us and our hospitality met your expectations. Our principal aim is to give you our best service and make your stay unforgettable. Your positive review will support our aim to deliver exceptional services and to create treasured memories for our valued guests.

Once again, our most sincere thanks for your comments. We look forward to welcome you back to Melia Hanoi soon.

With kind regards,