2,833 results
All reviews the executive lounge diamond member ba mien old quarter bit dated french quarter excellent location hoan kiem lake vietnamese restaurant rooms are spacious breakfast buffet an upgrade halong bay central location pho gym concierge
Reviewed July 16, 2010

WE booked a few nights here at the end of an intrepid trip through Vietnam, figuring we would be in need of a couple of nights that were comfortable, and with a pool (hard to find a pool in Hanoi). We stayed the previous night in a simple hotel in the old Quarter, $55 a night, so it was a big jump in price to the Hilton. We had a room with 2 single beds, and an extra single bed thrown in, so needless to say there was not a lot of space. We found the location was far from wherever we wanted to be, I guess being smack in the Old Quarter was really convenient for wandering and finding restaurants etc, and also good for being among local people.
To our disappointment, the pool was heated - really warm so not refreshing on the days where the temp in Hanoi was close to 45 degrees, so we did not swim, Not sure why on earth they heat the pool in summer!!! The breakfast was $20US each, so we wandered down to the lake and had a big breakfast each day for a fraction of that. I have stayed in a few Hilton hotels over the years, and have to say that this was a very average experience, and had we known, we would have stayed in our hotel in the Old Quarter.

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank debnz
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Overall a very nice hotel in a good location. I stayed here one night at the end of my trip and it was nice to stay in a comfortable clean hotel in a good location. The Executive Lounge was nice and the rooms, a bit small from what I'm used to, but still very satisfactory.

I DID like the fact the hotel staff offered me to use the health club showers before leaving for a red eye flight that night. After a full day of HOT Hanoi sightseeing...the shower was a welcomed perk. Thank-you!!

On the flip side, I would have appreciated a bit later check-out than what they offered me (2PM). They claimed they were full, but the hotel DID NOT appear full. However, they did offer for me to stay later at the charge of 1/2 night's rate. Hmmm...I thought you were "full???" If you're willing to give me the room if I pay for it...then you're really not that full after all. I'm a Gold member and would have expected a bit more flexibility. Also the lobby is a bit dated, but otherwise the hotel is fine and the staff are attentive.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank WldTvlr
Reviewed July 7, 2010

The situation of the hotel is quite convenient and you may walk (scooters permitting) to a lot of locations. But be very careful as the traffic rules seem to be non existent.
The check in is a bit vague and I was a bit unclear on waht was going on most of the time.
Room is clean and quite well appointed but rather bland.
The breakfast room was a bit on the small side and got very crowded and cramped. Choices on buffet somewhat limited.
The health club is ok a little small for size of hotel.
The Vietnamese restaurant on the second floor is very good and I enjoyed the food.
The check out was quite painless and far more efficient than the check in.
A reasonable hotel nothing outstandingly good or outstandingly bad.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank FJB774
Reviewed June 26, 2010

The hotel was nicely located in the center of Hanoi, just next to the famous Opera House. The Hoankien Lake was wihin walking distance, the Old Quarter Market and Quan An Ngan could be reached just a few minutes by taxi. Some nice Vietnamese restaurants nearby . Staff were quite friendly. The room was spacious and well-maintained. The pool was small but also nice. Some improvements can be made to its recreation facilties. The facilities in the changing rooms and the showers on the fitness floor were a bit dated; also the towel provided by the spa center was stained. Got no time to try the hotel food so could not comment on its restaurants.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Arriving very late in the evening, the large and rather unimposing lobby creates a somewhat unwelcoming atmosphere. Indeed, much of the hotel is functional rather than special which was a slight disappointment given its fantastic location (if you want more elegance and luxury, pay a bit more for the nearby Sofitel Metropole). The breakfast buffet was plentiful with a lot of choice, although the cornflakes were stale and the croissants lacked any kind of lovely French crispness. The rooms, though, are large and my bed was wonderfully comfortable. At US$15 per 24 hours - continuous, so you can not start and stop at your leisure - cable connection to the internet is expensive. That said, the pool is excellent and the staff were unfailingly polite, even if they did not smile very much. Only one black mark! Watching a World Cup game in the Sports bar on just the 2nd day of the tournament, the bar had run out of both the beers I requested!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
HiltonHanoiOpera, Manager at Hilton Hanoi Opera, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2010

I would like to thank you for the valuable review of your stay at the hotel on Trip Advisor. Rest assured that your comments about the breakfast and lack of beers in JJ's Sports Bar have been taken very seriously and have been shared with our Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager and immediate improvements have been made. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and the politeness of our team. Thank you again for your constructive comments and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Hanoi Opera on your next visit to the city.