“Surprisingly Good”
Review of Hilton Hanoi Opera

Ranked #99 of 603 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights after Ha Long Bay cruise and cannot fault the service and overall experience. Additionally the location was convenient to all attractions and dining. I will stay here again on my next trip to Hanoi

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (2,394)

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed for 1 night on business. The hotel is in the center of city and overall it is a good experience. The breakfast is fine so overall it is a good business hotel experience.

Why a 4 and not a 5: well the fitness center is kind of dated (equipment in need of an update in my opinion) as well as the rooms etc. So we are looking at an 4.49 - but I can not justify saying it is a true 5.

But still: yes I would return and yes I would sleep there again - clearly a good option for Hanoi

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank THN_DK
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We reserved a suite on floor 6 and part of the executive floor program. The hotel is extremely clean and full of excellent staff that are always working hard to meet your needs. The executive floor lounge is wonderful during happy hour and a great delight to unwind the day and enjoy some nice food with other guests.

We found the hotel is in an excellent location, near shopping, an onsite ATM machine and also close to great running paths for the active community. For HHonors members, they offer free Internet wireless which is high speed and very fast.

We also loved the breakfast buffet with great food selection and wonderful staff. I also forgot to mention, it is great to be in a hotel that has excellent air conditioning in this very hot climate. 5 star in this area.

Overall, a highly recommended hotel for business or families. A safe area with lots of nearby attractions and benefits.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank MrPKI
HiltonHanoiOpera, General Manager at Hilton Hanoi Opera, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear MrPKI,

Thank you for your generous review subsequent to your recent visit to Hanoi.

I was delighted to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. All the details of your compliments will be shared with all of our Team members and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

MrPKI, I do hope that we will have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back “home” upon your next visit.

Until the time permits,

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Enormous, well-maintained rooms, nice breakfast, top location. This is a very nice hotel, but just lacking a little bit of sparkle to make it superb. The staff seemed nice and the hotel is kept very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lifts unless you enjoy long walks :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sushiandshirts

Dear Sushiandshirts,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor comment, with reference to your stay experience at the Hilton Hanoi Opera.

I was pleased to hear of your positive impression on the cleanliness of our hotel as well as the our hotel location.

Sushiandshirts, please rest assured that we are undergoing constant change within our hotel to improve the guest experience and I hope to be able to welcome you back ‘home’ in the future to experience this for yourself.

Until the occasion permits,

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed in the hotel one night at the beginning of my Vietnam vacation and I was very impressed with the level of service and the location of the hotel. The room was clean and spacious and breakfast choices in the Executive Lounge were ample. If I return to Hanoi I will definitely choose the Hilton Opera.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelingR0ck

Dear TravelingR0ck,

Thank you for your gracious review subsequent to your recent stay at the Hilton Hanoi Opera.

While we strive hard to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is always a delight to receive such positive comment.

TravelingR0ck, I do hope that we will have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back “home” upon your next visit.

Until then,

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I really like the room; it is roomy and clean for the Executive rooms. The bed and pillows are wonderful. Toilet is clean.
the only downside is that they served the same breakfast spread for two days in the row. Also, the sauteed mushrooms were tasteless, baked beans were hard and sushi rice looks soggy.
the hotel limousine ride is also average. They are using the old 5 series and i find the passenger seats a little uncomfortable.
location is good. I could walk to Old Market in 15 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kira C
HiltonHanoiOpera, General Manager at Hilton Hanoi Opera, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Kira C,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your stay experience after your recent visit to the Hilton Hanoi Opera.

I am delighted to hear of your positive impression on our room on the Executive Floor along with its facilities, along with taking note of the areas that we have to enhance.

Kira C, I do hope that we will have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back the Hilton Hanoi Opera upon your next visit.

Until the occasion permits,

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed here for a week on business. The breakfast was delicious. The staff and hospitality was wonderful. I would stay here again. The rooms were very quite rooms, but still in a convenient location...

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 81cch

Dear 81cch,

Thank you for your kind comment posted on TripAdvisor with reference to the Hilton Hanoi Opera.

Your insight and comments will be shared with all concerned to ensure we continue to fulfill and live up to the expectations of our discerning travelers.

81cch, we do look forward to having the opportunity of being able to welcome you back ‘home’ when you have reason to visit Hanoi.

Until then,