“Decent Hotel But Aging”

Ranked #93 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
Arlington, Virginia
“Decent Hotel But Aging”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I spent a night here at the beginning part of September, having been displaced from the Hilton Garden Inn as a result of a power outage/generator failure. The Hilton Opera is a decent hotel. As an HHonors Gold, I was upgraded to the Executive Floor and had use of the Executive Lounge, which had a good selection of hors d'oeuvres in the evening. I also enjoyed the hotel's pool, which was quite refreshing. The hotel's restaurant had an excellent selection of food in the morning for breakfast. Only minor criticism: it's quite clear that the hotel is aging; the furnishing's in my room, while in decent and functional shape, are reminiscent of a bygone era. The hotel's staff, especially the concierge, were quite helpful. The staff also helped me arrange a taxi to the Hanoi Noibai Airport upon check-out.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Whilst staying at the Hilton in Hanoi, I had the misfortune of losing my I Pad. Needless to say, in order to make an insurance claim a police reference number is required. I was there on business and the only time I had to do this was 10.30pm the night before a 4am check out.

I was immensley grateful to Mr Hoang from the Hilton Security Department who kindly escorted me to face the bureacracy of a Hanoi Police Station at night. He helped me write my statement and wrote the translation and made the whole experience really rather interesting as opposed to the horrible experience it might have been. Service beyond the call of duty - thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was chosen by husbands work. It was simple but very convenient to attractions. Not really my style though as I usually go for something with a bit more character. Staff were very helpful though and buffet breakfast in atrium style restaurant was very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Felt very welcome and thoroughly looked after. Service was excellent- enjoyable breakfast with healthy options available.
Unfortunately was unable to enjoy the pool nor the gym due my hectic schedule but overall I really felt I was home away from home.
I can recommend the Neptune Burger too. I was disappointed with the Hilton experience in Moscow but my faith in Hilton group reaffirmed here in Hanoi

• Stayed October 2013
Sydney
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband & I have just returned from 2 short stays at the Hanoi Opera and can't thank the staff enough! We stayed 2 nights initially before travelling to Halong bay for a 2 night trip.Had our luggage stored at the Hilton while doing the Halong Bay trip. Unfortunately while on the trip I had a fall and on my return to Hanoi confirmed my ankle was broken. This is where our return visit to the Hilton was highlighted by the excellent and caring service by all staff we had contact with! Front desk manager offered us a complimentary meal from the Lobby cafe on our return from hospital as we had missed breakfast. Told us not to worry about how long we stayed while we arranged flights back to Australia, provided free late checkout till 5.30pm on the day of our departure. All staff who we had contact with always asked how I was feeling, that they were very sorry I had had accident and hopefully I will come back another time to see more of Hanoi! Housekeeping provided extra bottles of water, helped push wheelchair at times, always asked if we needed anything.Front desk staff assisted with changing large denomination notes to small notes for use in taxis to/from hospital and airline office, helped with taxis - making sure driver knew where we wanted to go, getting in and out, always asking how I was. Everyone was wonderful! Words cannot express our gratitude!.
Both our rooms were large and spacious, clean, bathroom very spacious with shower & bath. Buffet breakfast had a large variety of foods to select from. Pastry selections were very tempting. Restaurant staff friendly and cleared away plates very quickly. Food from Lobby bar very good.
We will definitely return to Hanoi Opera and have told our friends how wonderful(despite the circumstances) our stay was.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ikedeb
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

First time in Vietnam and what a great place to start - hotel is ideally located, staff are excellent - very friendly and helpful. Dining in the hotel was great - from breakfast through to dinner. Hotel is well laid out and has a relaxed but very professional feel to it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Location: About 30 minutes from the airport. Booked a hotel limo to fetch us from the airport. Near to major attractions and lots of shops around the vicinity.
Front office: Staff were friendly and processed our check-in smoothly.
Room: Nice bed and pillows. The usual amenities. Room is spacious.
Breakfast: Wide varieties of food. Yummy!

Overall: One of the nicest hotels to stay in Hanoi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple