“They know how to make a guest feel valued”
Review of Pan Pacific Hanoi

Pan Pacific Hanoi
Ranked #80 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed December 31, 2010

I booked a luxury room here from wotif. I've not ever stayed at Sofitel prior to this, so don't know if it's typical, but was so impressed with how they treat guests with this type of booking.

Firstly, there is a dedicated service area for luxury guests - special checkin area, business facilities (with free printing....what a luxury for someone who'd been backpacking!), separate breakfast area with extended hours for breakfast, and free happy hour with snacks. The first night I was there I went for happy hour (which goes for more than one hour!) for quite a few drinks, and enough nibbles that I could skip dinner. Drinks was anything from soft drinks to a wide choice of spirits and mixers, and nibbles were a full cooked buffet in smaller serves!

The room was gorgeous - a corner room with views from the lake to the red river. There was a huge bathroom, There was an entrance foyer (where the minibar was), and the option to 'flick a switch' and put the room onto do not disturb (which the staff are mindful of).

Each of the luxury floors have an oil burner going by the lifts, and were burning a wonderful scent. There were glass elevators on the outside of the building, with a wonderful view over the lake - if this was too confronting, the inside lifts were enclosed. My only problem with service came when I had a drink in the lounge downstairs - I'm uncertain as to whether it was the time of day, or that I was a single female traveller, but after ordering my first drink I found it hard to get further service, and asked 3 times for the bill before getting a response.

I had been staying in the old part of town before moving here, and was a bit disorientated in the newer part of the city, but it was a good contrast, and there were plenty of nearby cafes and restaurants. I would have loved to have tried the Sofitel Metropole, but it was well outside my price range - I paid about $150 a night, and felt very spoilt here (especially with the ameneties kit in the bathroom - l'occitane products, manicure set and a loofa all included as a standard!).

Go on - do it, you deserve to be spoilt!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed December 20, 2010

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuriaGolden
Reviewed December 4, 2010

The Plaza is across a causeway from downtown but is only a short taxi ride from most places. Downtown Hanoi is jammed with traffic, noise, and people, so being a bit away was nice, in reality. We were totally surprised at the quality of the hotel itself and of the service, which was friendly, helpful, and generally impeccable. Our room faced the twin lakes and downtown, with good views of the sunrise and sunset. We could see the site where John McCain "ditched" during the Vietnam War!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2010

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2010

A nice Hotel. This was our big slurge for the trip and we got an executive suite with two bedrooms which were very nicely furnished and comfortable.
The staff were all pleasent, I guess I just expected something more???
Breakfast was good the french pastries deadly.
Pool average. The kids were disappointed.
I'm sure there would be better out there. Great spot over looking the lake. we were ther for Ha Noi's 1000 year celebration and it was crazy busy. Loved it.
Papa Joe's just down the road on the lakes edge has great coffee.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a total of 3 nights, benefiting from the Stay 3 Pay 2 promotion they had running at the time. We booked a standard room with Kind Bed. We found the room to be well cleaned and furnished and we enjoyed our stay.

We really enjoy staying at the Sofitel brand hotels, we have yet to be disappointed.

Western breakfast was also very nice, nothing to complain about.

We would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

Only negative was it was a short taxi ride to almost everything, the hotel is situated on the outskirts of the popular Hanoi areas.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This may not have the historical atmosphere or location of the Metropole, but the service more than makes up for it. The rooms are very well appointed, especially the bathroom. The group I was with got an excellent rate that included breakfast, laundry, internet access, and happy hour in the business lounge. The staff were incredibly attentive and helpful. It would be my first choice of hotels if I stayed again.

Sara