“Amazing views of the whole city”
Review of Pan Pacific Hanoi

Pan Pacific Hanoi
Ranked #81 of 605 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Me and my husband spent 4 days here at the end our 4 week trip around Vietnam on our honeymoon.
The service was excellent standard and breakfast was amazing. Rooms were spacious and had excellent views over the lakes.
Room service was amazingly served and should not be missed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,896)

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Great hotel, this was our second stay in two years and it continues to be one of our favourites. Make sure you book a club room, great service, attentive staff and good selection of food & beverages. Gym/Pool area could do with upgrading, although the rest of the property is immaculate. Location wise, yes you could be more central to the old town...but really not a hassle to get a taxi...and if you aren't shy to walk you could easily get there in under 30 minutes. Definately give yourself a minimum of 3 days to visit Hanoi, we would gladly return year after year.

Room Tip: Book an executive club room
  • Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2011

It would be hard for this hotel to match the standards set, and our expectations for this hotel took this into account , cold and most uninviting. The room was small and uncomfortable. Definately not the way we wanted to finish our honeymoon. We were so disappointed that we rearranged our travel arrangements and left Ha Noi two days earlier than planned.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chimanchan55
SofitelPlazaHanoi, Manager at Pan Pacific Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

We are sorry to learn about your disappointing experience at our hotel.
May we take this opportunity to inform you that we are currently in process of completing renovation of some of our guestrooms and facilities.
Should there be another opportunity for you to Visit Vietnam, we hope to have the chance of showing our improved facilities to you firsthand.
With warm regards.

A TripAdvisor Member
Melbourne
Reviewed April 16, 2011

A relatively new style hotel in Hanoi which offers good privacy, very comfortable room facilities, good fitness centre and reasonabl in-hotel dining facilities. The Club Sofitel was one of the better ones I have enjoyed at Sofitel Hotels in terms of atmosphere and services. One disadvantage of this hotel is that it is located a bit outside the city centre, giving a slight isolation feeling which tends to hinder one's desire to further explore the area by foot. However, taxi availability at hotel is not a problem. Lots of lake views from hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2011

One of the few good branded Hotels in the city. Older hotel property, but with exceptional city view. Good Rooftop Bar. Medium proximity to the city center. Fabulous local street side food off the hotel premises

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2011

The service received was perfect, friendly, kind
The room was spacious, clean and bright.
I had only some problmes to connect to Internet and the connection was always very slow.
The location is nice but unfortunately the weather was terrible during my stay and I had not the time to enjoy the peaceful area around the hotel
The buffet breakfast is superb and everything is delicious
I had a buffet dinner one night and the food was also well assorted and very good.
Really a good choice for staying in Hanoi at a competitive price.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
SofitelPlazaHanoi, Executive Assistant Manager at Pan Pacific Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

Bonjour from Sofitel Plaza Hanoi !

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and would like to thank you for your nice comments on our staff. Please be assured that we have investigating the issue you have had with Internet and may assure you that our connection is now running smoothly.
Warm regards.

A TripAdvisor Member
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I think this hotel got issue with reception staffs.
1. When we arrived, I queued up after another guest, when he moved to other line I step up for my check in without knowing he has not finished with the receptionist, she seemed to be the most senior staff in the desk. she asked that guest to continue their stuff & totally ignored me, treat me as if I were impolite, did not queue up properly.
2. In my booking: I specify; non smoking & lake view, when I checked in, my room is occupied, the only left one is the room with non LCD TV
2. Access card: 2 consecutive days during my stay, access card kept on getting problem, could not access, the answer always were: "due to you put the card nearby the mobile phone" even for the one I just left in the room. They just changed the new card w/o any apology for the trouble caused.
3. I prepaid all the cost before my arrival, during check out I paid for laundry & massage service, they still confused, issue the wrong bill with additional service charge for upgrading, when I asked for the correct one, they change the bill but wrongly charged to my credit card that additional wrong bill & did it again.
All my issues above might be not very big issue but they are not acceptable for a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple