Hanoi La Selva Hotel(Hanoi)
$51
$43
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $48/night.

$77
  • Restaurant
$100
$97
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

$55
$46
$62
$58
$105
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$118
$103
Priceline
$110
$107
Orbitz.com
7,248 results
All reviewsopera wingbamboo barold wingbomb sheltermacaroonsspices gardenbunker tourle beaulieuchocolate buffetjoan baezgrand premium roomvietnam warbutler servicehistorical hotelvietnamese restaurantfrench colonial styleclub floor
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The Sofitel Metropole is conveniently located within walking distance of many of Hanoi's attractions. The waterfront is only a block away, and "old Hanoi" within a 10 minute walk. We took advantage of the free tour of the former bunker/bomb shelter that was used to protect guests during the bombing of Hanoi during the Vietnam war. Joan Baez took shelter here during a raid, and one of her paintings is on display near the bunker entrance.

The hotel also obtained tickets to the Water Puppet Show show for us, a real deal at $5 each. There was no service charge for the tickets. The theatre is a short 10 minute walk from the hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed the live traditional music and dextrous handling of the many water puppets during the 45 minute show.

Service at the hotel was top notch, with friendly, helpful staff, clean well-appointed rooms and a satisfying breakfast buffet to start the day.

We walked around the city both in daylight and in the evening after dark. No one bothered us, not even souvenir sellers. At no time did we feel unsafe.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rollym
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Rollym,

You have covered all of our assets: central location and high standards of service. Thank you so much for emphasizing on those points.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I can understand that people are impressed by the looks of this hotel. Especially when you come as a tourist to Hanoi. I'm coming to Vietnam for over 20 years, so not a tourist. The hotel looks nice indeed, but to stay there is quite a challenge. Upon arrival on the first day, my room was not available until 14:00. Although booked, there was a problem with my early arrival. So I had to wait for 7 hours in the lobby. Which I decided not to do and walked out to the nearby Hilton, who were able to help me. Kind people in the Hilton. After a few days travel through Vietnam, my colleagues and I came back to the Metropole. Where we had bookings. Indeed the staff was able to handle our bookings and suggested an upgrade. At extra cost. Which we accepted. Then problems started to arise again. I was staying for three more days and they could only upgrade me for two days. So I had to move during my stay. Until the last moment it was unclear to where but they got it sorted. When checkng out all sorts of things got confused. Won't go into the details. When the lady asked me if I had enjoyed my stay, I said "no", and she answered with "good". When I wanted my invoice in UsD instead of Dhong, that was not possible. It was not in the system. Will I go back? No. There are plenty of better hotels in Hanoi. And try the Opera Hilton. Nice people at the Hilton.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
8  Thank Marco P
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure to recently have you with us at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi and thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay in Hanoi.

We were very sorry to read that you were not able to get the room earlier than our standard check-in time at 14.00hrs. Our team had tried their best to offer you a courtesy room in the morning for a shower and some relaxation, as we do for all non-pre registered rooms however you were not in favour of this offer and cancelled the reservation to move elsewhere. Please also note, you would also have placed on a priority for check in once a room had been made available for a incoming arrival - also standard for us.

On your second visit, we could not extend the upgrade of all 3 rooms of your party for you as the hotel was fully booked. We apologize for the inconvenience caused however our team were attempting to assist to make your official return stay more enjoyable with at least a partial upgrade - we have reviewed our internal process for moving forward with these situations.

Lastly, we fully understand your frustration about the invoice in US Dollars, your comment is not the first we have received regarding this specific point. However any request for a VAT invoice has to be issued in Vietnamese Dong, if not we will not be following Vietnamese law.

Please contact me personally if I can assist you further and thank you again for making contact with us.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Rooms were lovely, staff friendly, club lounge was great and location was good. Only downside was step outside and you are in Hanoi and that was definitely a down side. Unfortunately, we found Hanoi dirty, smelly and most of the people unfriendly.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Mogfodav,

I am extremely thankful to all of your compliments regarding the hotel services, guest room, Club Lounge and Center location.

We then look forward to welcoming you back both for business and leisure purposes.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

One of the best hotels in Asia I have ever visited. Expensive but you get what you pay for. This luxury hotel in Hanoi provides quality food and excellent service. Very friends staff. Truly world class!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Theluxtraveler,

I thank you for your positive feedback and for highly recommending Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi. We look forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We quite liked the hotel, although it does have the feel of a large chain hotel. However, the room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was very nice. If you don't want a great little character hotel, this is for you. We hadn't realised until too late that there is a tour of the basement which was used as a bunker during the war. This is something to look out for if you are staying here - I expect it's very interesting.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Germar60,

It was a great pleasure welcoming you at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi. I thank you for your kind feedback and your special mention of our guest room and the breakfast.

We are happy to show you our bunker tour and the path of history of Metropole Hanoi at your next visit to the hotel. Infact we are very proud of our historians in the hotel and the history tour we established for our hotel guests.