Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Pool
6,986 results
All reviewsopera wingbamboo barold wingbomb sheltermacaroonsspices gardenbunker tourchocolate buffetle beaulieujoan baezgrand premium roomvietnam warbutler servicevietnamese restaurantbeautiful hotelfrench colonial styleclub floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2013

On our last night in Hanoi we decided to splash out and stay at the Metropole in Hanoi. It was perfect. Situated in the centre of Hanoi, this place is full of history and made the perfect end to the holiday. As a platinum Accor member I was able to get a free upgrade to the Club Opera room in the new wing and a late checkout at 4pm which was perfect for our evening flight.
We dined at the Le Beaulieu, the french restaurant in the hotel that apparently has some of the finest Vietnamese inspired French food around, and although pricey, was by far the best I've ever had!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear sbushby,

I am happy to hear that you have had a lovely stay at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi during your recent trip to our city.

It was a real delight that you have enjoyed the hotel location, the history and our Beaulieu restaurant. Your satisfaction is our utmost reward.

I am looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

One of the purposes of my travel to Hanoi was to stay at Metropole and to find out if the spirit of the Age of Travel is still alive there. Now I know - it is true, It's like to go back in the past when travel was really travel full of new discoveries, new impressions, when usual pleasures suddenly recieved new spice. Thank you! I would like to wish you never lose those treasures which are so rare in our hi-tech life.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Aloverina,

It has been a great pleasure and honor to accommodate you at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi and Thank you for sharing your feedback at our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am happy that you enjoy our wonderful building, great facilities and the history being retained in style and the spirit of the Age of Travel is still alive at Metropole Hanoi. I am looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. Stayed for 3 days and enjoyed the atmosphere, cocktails and ambience of the hotel. Expensive compared to other hotels but worth every penny as a special treat. A great pool to relax and have a snack. Recommendations: Club de L'Oriental for dinner (is a 2 min walk) and 69 Restaurant on Ma May Street for dinner (is a 15 min walk but leave early as in the shopping Old Quarter area so great to browse at the amazing shopping streets).
We had breakfast at a café on the side of the Hoan Kiem Lake (a 5 min walk) that does all kinds of drinks and coffees and cooked breakfasts with a great menu and service and so reasonable. You can't miss it as it is open air by the side of the lake as walk from hotel (less than 5 mins walk). Visited and walked everywhere and very safe: Temple of Literature, Fine Arts Museum, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Museum next to One Pillar Pagoda and try and find the stunning Ba Da Pagoda with gold gilt Buddha's (down a narrow doorway on a busy street) but not to be missed. That is a great day of activities. Hanoi is a lovely city and very safe but wear a money belt with your phone in at the night market and have nothing in your pockets.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Dstern 999,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us following your recent stay at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi. I am pleased to know how much you appreciated the atmosphere, cocktails and ambience of the hotel. I am also happy that you enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel. Please do let us know when your plans bring you back to Hanoi.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

An absolute spoil , unpretentious luxury ,superb service , friendly giving staff and a wonderful atmosphere -would stay there again tomorrow . Very central and a great place to explore from. Very spacious and comfortable rooms , a variety of restaurants and as you would expect exceptional Vietnamese / French fusion food . In my limited experience easily the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Petewal1,

I am truly grateful for your feedback and thank you very much for sharing your experience at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi in Tripadvisor.

I am so glad that you have enjoyed our hotel location, the food in the restaurantsand and our staff are attentive to your every need and really make your stay a memorable.

I am looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

we had two nights in this awesome Hotel. You will recognize, it is not only charming, it has a beautiful sense of flair. Breakfast and lots of cake during tea time was included. We loved both bars, inside and outside. Take some moments to enjoy those during the evening.

Room Tip: We loved the older part of the Hotel complex.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear dbrencher,

It was a great pleasure welcoming you at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi. I thank you for your kind feedback and your special mention of our breakfast, the bar and the hotel atmosphere.

We look forward to welcoming you back.