Lowest prices for your stay
$126
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Hotels.com$135
Expedia.com$135
Travelocity$135
8,324 results
All reviews opera wing bamboo bar old wing bomb shelter macaroons bunker tour spices garden le beaulieu joan baez grand premium room historical hotel vietnam war vietnamese restaurant club level classic hotel french quarter impeccable service
Selected filters
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Hotels in Hanoi can be a great value with good rooms available in the $50 to $100 range. The Sofitel costs much more, but you do get another level of quality and service for your money. That said, don't be afraid to save money and stay at the better valued hotels in town. The Club level rooms are indeed bigger and better than the standard rooms. They do include free breakfast, wi-fi, and tea and evening cocktails at the club, so an upgrade is worth it--especially if there are two of you sharing a room (and the club benefits). The location is excellent, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is top notch with an extensive selection of Vietnamese and Western dishes. The rooms in the modern Opera wing were superb.

Room tip: Upgrade to Club Level
Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank TommyMcCall
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advsior. We work hard at continually trying to improve our service to our guests and feedback like yours is a terrific tool for us.

I am pleased we were able to get you a room that was to your liking and loved to hear you enjoyed Club benefits and breakfast. A great breakfast is critical in hotels and the team work hard to bring that to life.

Thanking you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We arrived at the hotel and promptly someone picked up our luggage. We entered the hotel, immediately on the left side there is the concierge, I was still dealing with the luggage and I saw my mother in law who was travelling with us asking one of the girls were the reception was. One of the three girls answered her to just walk straight and NOT in a nice way. I was a bit shocked as I have been to this hotel before and I had good memories on the service and clearly that was not the way to treat a customer!
CHECK IN:We went to do the check in desk and the girl who deal with us basically ordered us to sit down on the chair and wait. We all went to my parents in law's bedroom first, the check in girl left the key to them before entering the room, a key to my husband and I (who were on a different floor) and left. She clearly could not be bothered to do her job.
DINNER: the asian restaurant food was DISGUSTING. The service very poor. The worst dish was a chicken rice who tasted of a 4 days leftover being fried over again. The waiter saw we did not eat lots of the food and asked us. I told him the food was not great. They insisted for us to have a free dessert to apologize.
BREAKFAST: Service: terrible. Many tables were occupied and the ones not occupied were full of dirty dishes. I asked the waiter if she could clean one of the tables on the terrace and she told me: we have other restaurants in the hotel why don't you go there? I told her we wanted to stay. The coofee came late and very cold, we asked for hot ones as I lost my patience at that point but they still came cold a second time and once again the stuff is so rude!!!!!! The food at breakfast was excellent though.
APERITIF in the hotel bar near the reception: once again the stuff was rude. The waiter almost dropped a cocktail on my father in law's head! Things can happen but a sorry sir does not use in Sofitel?
DINNER at the French restaurant: DISGUSTING AGAIN!! I have been to this restaurant on my previous stay a year and half ago and I loved it I wondered what happened !! and once again free dessert to apologize.
I really like the hotel but the service overall was so bad I won't come back ever again.
I am so disappointed.

Room tip: Asked for a room with a view on the pool. Otherwise you will get the very noisy road or a massive huge wall very close to you.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
10  Thank ale2gennaio
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi. We sincerely regret about the overall service you received during the check-in, the dinner and the breakfast. We are very sorry that you did not experience the exemplary service you deserve. I have requested that our head of training department institute a review of our training procedures for our team concerned.

Please accept our apologies and we hope that you will consider staying at our hotel again so that we may show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known around the world.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Wonderful, top notch hotel with great service, amenities and food - if only the walls could talk!? Took the bomb shelter tour and was left with some quesy thoughts about the "American War." But impressed that this property is currently visited and utilized by diplomats, royalty and world leaders today. Can't beat the location close to the Old Quarter, restaurants and the water puppet theatre. Was impressed that its sidewalks and exterior fascade are the popular site for young couples to have their wedding pictures taken!

Room tip: We enjoyed the Opera Wing and were on the fourth floor overlooking the Press Club across the street. The only intrusion on this quiet environment were the early morning (though not every day) loudspeakers - providing some messages to the populace.
Date of stay: October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We truly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us, and we are delighted that our services have pleased you. Each day, we do strive to provide only the finest experiences for our guests.

We are proud to share your sentiments with the rest of team, as this will inspire them to delight even more guests in future.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at Sofitel Metropole Ha Noi in May 2012.The hotel is good location for travelling or do business .But the servicing is poor and terrible.When i have breakfast at the Restaurant ( France restaurant) and the waitress who choose for us a table in the middle .But my friend wanna choose another table close entrance door and the waitress was not happy about that and she said : you lose my table because i set up it for you.Actually i didn't use the old table but it make she was not comfortable.
The second : at 11:00 at the terrace cafe . When i was talking with my friend on the phone and a sat on the chair at the corner of the cafe .The waitress( different lady) she said : Sorry we close the cafe shop because it's 11:00 pm and i replied : I just wanna seat here for a short time ,i dont want to order food and berverage any more but she said : No , we close it now . I think she wants to go home with her family during i just had phone and wanna sit some munites.
I really shock about this hotel because it has many prizes on the worth and very famous in Viet Nam.I think the staff here need to enhance more about attitude with guest.I dont think i will come back here but still hope they need to be improve for everybody who loved and liked that hotel before.

Date of stay: May 2012
10  Thank Hoa N
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We regret to read that your family did not enjoy their stay with us.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide an exclusive service experience for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us. For those reasons, please allow us to express our sincerest apologies in regards to the inconveniences caused.

We will look closely into the issues you have brought to light and allow us to get back to you very shortly.

Yours sincerely,

The Management Team

Simply Amazing !!!
When reading through all the reviews on the Legend Metrople we started to expect a real outstanding experience, to the extend that we got scared it would never ever live up to expectations anymore.
Well ..... our stay and experience simply topped all our expectations.
So for all those interested in staying, simply dont hesitate, just do it.
Just like us you will be inspired by the combination of stylish luxury and perfect service!

Some of the goods
- style, luxury, service, staff
- gorgeous food, breakfast feels royal
- wonderful pool and bar
- feeling of being king of the world in Hanoi

Thanks to all the reviews on Tripadvisor we made the best choice.
And would do it again!

Date of stay: April 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple