“TRULY MAGNIFICENT ~EUROPE IN ASIA”

Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
Ranked #42 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
Perth
“TRULY MAGNIFICENT ~EUROPE IN ASIA”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Sofitel Metropole was OUTSTANDING! This hotel was pristine, clean and the decor was superb. You would think you were in Europe not Vietnam staying in this wonderful luxurious enclave. It is PERFECTION: the Softel chain is the BEST! HERMES products and toiletries, the bathroom we had was immaculate complete with claw foot tub. I felt like a Queen. The rooms are not that big but they make up for it in decor and cleanliness. Service was discreet and efficient. We had a club room floor and they serve breakfast and afternoon tea- the chef made beautiful little canapes and petit treasures that were just soooooo yummmy!
very romantic and you feel like you're in another era. So peaceful....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are absolutely delighted to read your compliments on our service and on the food, but most of all, it a pleasure to read that you felt valued, happy and comfortable. We hope to welcome you back to Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi.

Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,325)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We didn't chose to be in the old building and not having stayed in the newer Opera wing I don't know what the rooms there are like but I was really pleased with the old wing room. It also has a different entrance on a different street and it was a lovely entrance taking you back in time and you can walkl through to the new wing. The buffet breakfast is excellent, nice basket of rolls delievered to your table, omlettes cooked for you. The bar was a lovely place to relax at any time but especially at the end of the day, either outside which I preferred or indoors with a bit of music. Service was excellent, an all round very nice place to stay indeed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mike C
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your fantastic review about your recent stay at the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi. We are delighted to hear you had such a memorable time during your stay. We truly appreciate the tips you are giving to future guests. We are really looking forward to your next visit at the Metropole Hanoi.

Sale, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had the most wonderful couple of days here. From the moment we arrived we felt pampered and important and looked after!!! Our room, although not huge, was beautiful, with exquisite linen and toiletries. The daily maids even sewed on a loose pyjama jacket button!!! It seemed that nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Breakfasts were wonderful, and we would definitely return!!!

Room Tip: Thoroughly recommend this hotel!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is so pleasant to read such positive feedbacks as yours. Thank you!

I am so happy that you appreciated the service of our maids who sewed on a loose pyjama jacket button for you. As a matter of fact our daily main aim is to make our guests happy and we genuinely put a lot into it to provide the highest standard of services. I am most thankful to you for your kind words which are a true encouragement for the whole team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is a gorgeous old hotel which has been beautifully restored. The rooms are quite small but lovely. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfasts are great and the buffet lunch at the SApices garden restaurant excellent. Good location

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had come here from the Park Hyatt Saigon and was used to the excellent service at the latter. The service here had some kinks in comparison and not nearly as refined, polished and spot-on. I was annoyed at first. The rooms are good, if not small; not the selling point of the hotel. By day two I had a better attitude and enjoyed a lovely breakfast although there were a gazillion tour groups coming through the hotel and made for a scene. What made this hotel stand out to me was the historical tour given by Duc at the hotel, free to guests. This made the hotel an experience for me and certainly made my annoyances dissipate. Do this tour and you'll see. Just an hour and given daily.

Room Tip: Stay in the historical building.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank El_Mudo_11
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you have had a lovely stay at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi during your recent trip to our city.

It was a real delight that you have enjoyed the path of history tour conducted by our historian and I agree that this tour made the hotel an experience for the guest.

I am looking forward to your next visit.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Before I booked this hotel, I was told that it was an award winning hotel in many travel magazines. Therefore, I chose this hotel for my 1st anniversary treat with my husband. The hotel was beautiful and classy with a French colonial-style and it’s located in the heart of Hanoi. Before I stepped into the entrance, there were many local couples taking wedding photos there. I bet this hotel is definitely one of the most famous and beautiful hotels in Hanoi for photo shooting. As soon as I stepped into the entrance, the staff had already found my name and guided me to my butler. We booked grand premium room with club benefits in the Opera Wing (the newer part of the hotel). They provided a personal butler service who helped us for check in, welcome drink and delivered a bunch of roses for me for my anniversary which was very sweet and thoughtful.

The room was spacious, comfortable and elegant. They had also decorated our room with heart shaped roses petals + heart shaped box chocolate. I especially loved the open plan design with a free stand bath tub + Hermès amenities in the bathroom. Also the butler provided few choices of pillows for us and the pillows are definitely one of the best pillows I had ever slept with in my life. Moreover, there were lovely silk pyjamas for us.

We tried some of the restaurants in the hotel, Le Beaulieu was brilliant and it was worth a try! Since we have the club benefit, we spent most of our time in there for delicious afternoon tea, cocktails and breakfast. There were even free champagne during weekend breakfast and cocktails, and the pianist’s performance was amazing!

One drawback was the swimming pool was not heated and it was quite small. Also their sauna and steam were located with the spa services. That’s mean if you do not purchase their spa services, the sauna and steam are not included.

Nevertheless, our stay was lovely and I could not imagine a better place to celebrate my 1st anniversary in Hanoi! The staff could not be nicer nor more accommodating! A perfect experience! I believe their hospitality was second to none, the anniversary amenities, the breakfast, afternoon tea, cocktail and dinner cannot be faulted! Room was so comfortable and luxury and we did not want to get out of it!

I had a perfect 1st anniversary and I definitely hope to stay in this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ccesther
Dear Guest,

We were very delighted to welcoming you for your first anniversary. This is such a special occasion that we had to pamper both of you all the way!

We were extremely proud to hear about our high level of services and in particular our butler on the executive floor of the hotel. I will pass on your kind words to my team as an encouragement to keep on providing such high level of service.

We look forward to your next stay and thank you.