Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
$36
$123
$93
Priceline
Hanoi La Selva Hotel(Hanoi)
$39
$65
$67
$55
7,049 results
All reviewsopera wingbamboo barold wingbomb sheltermacaroonsspices gardenbunker tourchocolate buffetle beaulieujoan baezgrand premium roomvietnam warbutler servicevietnamese restaurantbeautiful hotelfrench colonial styleclub floor
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is a gorgeous old hotel which has been beautifully restored. The rooms are quite small but lovely. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfasts are great and the buffet lunch at the SApices garden restaurant excellent. Good location

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had come here from the Park Hyatt Saigon and was used to the excellent service at the latter. The service here had some kinks in comparison and not nearly as refined, polished and spot-on. I was annoyed at first. The rooms are good, if not small; not the selling point of the hotel. By day two I had a better attitude and enjoyed a lovely breakfast although there were a gazillion tour groups coming through the hotel and made for a scene. What made this hotel stand out to me was the historical tour given by Duc at the hotel, free to guests. This made the hotel an experience for me and certainly made my annoyances dissipate. Do this tour and you'll see. Just an hour and given daily.

Room Tip: Stay in the historical building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank El_Mudo_11
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you have had a lovely stay at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi during your recent trip to our city.

It was a real delight that you have enjoyed the path of history tour conducted by our historian and I agree that this tour made the hotel an experience for the guest.

I am looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Before I booked this hotel, I was told that it was an award winning hotel in many travel magazines. Therefore, I chose this hotel for my 1st anniversary treat with my husband. The hotel was beautiful and classy with a French colonial-style and it’s located in the heart of Hanoi. Before I stepped into the entrance, there were many local couples taking wedding photos there. I bet this hotel is definitely one of the most famous and beautiful hotels in Hanoi for photo shooting. As soon as I stepped into the entrance, the staff had already found my name and guided me to my butler. We booked grand premium room with club benefits in the Opera Wing (the newer part of the hotel). They provided a personal butler service who helped us for check in, welcome drink and delivered a bunch of roses for me for my anniversary which was very sweet and thoughtful.

The room was spacious, comfortable and elegant. They had also decorated our room with heart shaped roses petals + heart shaped box chocolate. I especially loved the open plan design with a free stand bath tub + Hermès amenities in the bathroom. Also the butler provided few choices of pillows for us and the pillows are definitely one of the best pillows I had ever slept with in my life. Moreover, there were lovely silk pyjamas for us.

We tried some of the restaurants in the hotel, Le Beaulieu was brilliant and it was worth a try! Since we have the club benefit, we spent most of our time in there for delicious afternoon tea, cocktails and breakfast. There were even free champagne during weekend breakfast and cocktails, and the pianist’s performance was amazing!

One drawback was the swimming pool was not heated and it was quite small. Also their sauna and steam were located with the spa services. That’s mean if you do not purchase their spa services, the sauna and steam are not included.

Nevertheless, our stay was lovely and I could not imagine a better place to celebrate my 1st anniversary in Hanoi! The staff could not be nicer nor more accommodating! A perfect experience! I believe their hospitality was second to none, the anniversary amenities, the breakfast, afternoon tea, cocktail and dinner cannot be faulted! Room was so comfortable and luxury and we did not want to get out of it!

I had a perfect 1st anniversary and I definitely hope to stay in this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ccesther

Dear Guest,

We were very delighted to welcoming you for your first anniversary. This is such a special occasion that we had to pamper both of you all the way!

We were extremely proud to hear about our high level of services and in particular our butler on the executive floor of the hotel. I will pass on your kind words to my team as an encouragement to keep on providing such high level of service.

We look forward to your next stay and thank you.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Great Hotel with a great ambiance, fantastic service and very good restaurants! I would not like to try any other Hotel in this city ever! Just what it's expected from a Luxury Hotel plus this something that it is missing in some others! Great job guys

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Glad we visited this hotel on our friend's recommendation. The atmosphere was great, a beautiful property with a sort of historic character. The bed in the luxury room was quite possibly the best I've ever seen. Very much enjoyed the $60 breakfast for two, although the price didn't seem quite right for the region (of several breakfast rooms, picked one between the bar and the pool with a great sunroom / Manhattan sort of feel). Although we didn't have any bad experience, I'd say its service did not live up to the price tag or the five star rating. Small things like the lack of help with the luggage, absence of welcome drinks, or having a seat upon check in provided a different sort of experience... Contrast that to even the $100 / night boutique hotels in the area. We moved to the Hilton for our second night, which was short on atmosphere but much more focused on service. All in all, worth popping in for a night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi. Your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.

We sincerely regret the issue that you had with luggage assistance and a welcome drink offer. This is not typical of our standards of service, and we regret the inconvenience that it caused you. Please rest assured that we have addressed this issue with front desk manager to ensure a smoother checkin for all of our guests. We hope that you will present us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Yours sincerely,