“Wonderful”

Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
Ranked #46 of 606 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The best hotel I have been in for a long long time. Food was fantastic. Facilities amazing. We had a wonderful time and it made our trip to Hanoi amazing. It will be hard to find another hotel to compare when I go on my next trip

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is truly rewarding to read such positive feedbacks as yours and I thank you for that. I will pass on your kind words to my team and in particular to the Food & Beverage Department as it will serve as an encouragement to keep on providing such high level of service.

Thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely,

Management Team

Write a ReviewReviews (6,724)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is over 100 years old and its arquitecture shows it. it is just beautiful .
The courtyard restaurant reminds you of a gazebo meeting place from way past when.
I would give the service a good 10 stars. All of its staff is fantastic. I have never been so pamepered.
The food in all of its restaurants is delicious and beautifully served. Their breakfast
buffet caters to everyones taste. They offer chinese, vietnamese, european and american
type food. Also a fantastic 10 stars.
One has to eat at the Spice Garden with its delicious Vietnamese specialities.

Room Tip: Our room in the new wing was unusually large and beautiful.. I didnot see the other rooms so couldn...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I heard so many comments about this hotel during my time living in Da Nang, comments like: If you go to Hanoi there is no other place to stay than "Metropole Hanoi".
I arrived to Hanoi for 2 nights. First night stayed in Metropole and the hole entire experience was amazing, from the moment that the friendly Bellman and and Doorman welcome you to the absolutely wonderful smell in the entire hotel. I checked out next morning since I was going to Halong Bay I needed to leave some of my luggage in the Bellman Closet and I mentioned that I will return next day and if I can have a bathroom available just for a quick change since I will travel back to U.S.A. next day evening. The gentleman who guided me to my room said to me: No worries we can give you a room for an hour so you can refresh yourself and relax and we can bring your luggage as well up to the room! I couldn't believe such a wonderful offer that of course I didn't refuse. Also would like to mention that normally they offer this extra "over and beyond service" for the guests that checked out the same day not like me that I left the day before.
I felt like a VIP guest the entire time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Room Tip: My room was located in the new section of the Hotel. The view was to the main street, but quite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We work hard at continually trying to improve our service to our guests and feedback like yours is a terrific tool for us.

I am pleased we were able to get you a room for your refreshment before leaving the hotel and loved to hear you enjoyed the room and our bellman service.

We look forward to your next stay,

Thank you.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hey the food was a bit meh - but the espresso martinis were perfect- they are about 10 buck a pop and worth every cent. They also have random Charlie Chaplin impersonator which is a pretty cute gimmick.

The rooms in the opera section are pretty awesome too - i think if you go through a travel agent upgrades are pretty easy for 2 nights or more.

Restaurant food is pretty much the same as Melbourne pub food. Never eat at Angelina - it tastes like mircrowaved La Porchetta - yuck - there are good restaurants nearby

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ClareMagee
Reviewed October 25, 2012

There is something of a guilty pleasure when entering some hotels, perhaps still with the glow of success of realising one is still alive after crossing the road in Hanoi traffic, and the door closes behind you and there is cool, organised silence. The metropole is such a hotel.

However despite some rather gushing previous reviews our room, while extremely well furnished was compact and bordered on the ordinary. The small window, o wooden floor and furnishing making it rather dark.

In recompense the service was indeed excellent. I can hardly remember a time when almost every member of staff I talked to offered that little unexpected and unasked for extra. The service while checking out was exemplary, considering they were checking out a bus load of tourists at the same time

Having said that, I was disappointed to find that the hotel does not credit ones stay to the Accor loyalty card, if one books through a travel agent or third party booking website. Neither the Hilton or Intercontinental seem to have such qualms, and it seems somewhat contradictory to have a loyalty card and not reward people loyal enough to stay with you.

Unfortunately I am soon staying at La Veranda in Phu Quoc and La Residence in Hue, both Accor hotels, luckily in HCMC it's the Asiana, which I believe is Intercontinental.

We cannot be the only people on bespoke holidays through travel agencies and can choose their hotels, I know some people will think this very "Anglo Saxon" and mercenary, but we are going through a global economic crisis and the Hilton is only across the road.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi. We are absolutely delighted to read your compliments on the service of our staff and the central and quiet location of the hotel.

The loyalty card program is our global policy and we are unable to do otherwise at this moment. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and hope that this experience will not detain you to come back to the hotel in the near future.

Thank you once again for your email and feedback and best regards,

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Our second visit here, quick two day stay this time. Quite a lot of retail development around the hotel since our last visit eight years ago making the position excellent for shopping, not that there is much to buy! Staff very friendly and helpful. We ate at the Italian restaurant Angelina in the hotel which was good and a Vietnamese restaurant directly opposite the Opera exit of the hotel which was good, banana blossom salad excellent. Rooms excellent, very comfy beds, tea making facility in room and free Wifi. The hotel has an illustrated map which details various shops walking distance from hotel. Would get acquainted with that Day One.

• Stayed: October 2012
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

I love to read such positive feedbacks about Sofitel Lgend Metropole Hanoi and I am thankful to your kind words.

Indeed our central yet quiet location is a real asset. After a busy day, guests are delighted to enter a peaceful atmosphere mixing Vietnamese tradition and French elegance.

We were very proud to hear that you have had a great food and service experience at our restaurants during your stay with us.

We all look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was one of the most beautiful hotels and experiences I have ever had. I stayed at Christmas time and the staff were so welcoming and warm to us.
The selection of restaurants and bars was amazing. The high tea and the Croque Monsieur are food highlights I still think about today.
If you are looking for a bit of indulgence, you cannot go past this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor and the interconnecting is a great option for groups travelling together
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

It was great to read such positive a feedback like yours and I thank you for that.

We have a passion for all of our guests and cannot help indulging them. Our utmost reward is to hear our guests satisfaction. This is the reason why my team and I were so happy to read your kind words.

we look forward to your next stay,