Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
  • Pool
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
6,981 results
All reviewsopera wingbamboo barold wingbomb sheltermacaroonsspices gardenbunker tourchocolate buffetle beaulieujoan baezgrand premium roomvietnam warbutler servicevietnamese restaurantbeautiful hotelfrench colonial styleclub floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our vacation. I have to say that nothing about Hanoi and its environs is as it's represented except for the Sofitel Legend Metropole, It truly was 5 star luxury. Ideally located, iImpeccably clean, great bedding, wonderful water pressure, lovely service. The breakfast was great. The bar had entertainment nightly and the courtyard around the pool was a great place for a drink. I frankly had expected much more from Hanoi, which has many shortcomings as a tourist destination, but the hotel was without fault.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

The other reviews say it all really – this is an excellent city centre hotel which is hard to fault. We stayed 2 nights in a room on the first floor of the “new” Opera wing. We found that, for a modern(ish) building, the Opera wing did not lack character and had been well designed to fit into the rest of the historic building. The room was classy with quality fittings.
We ate one night in the hotel’s Vietnamese restaurant (Spice Garden) which was very good, although expensive by Vietnamese standards (£70 for the two of us including a couple of drinks).
The hotel’s location is very central, as it is only 5 mins or so to the Hoam Kiem lake and it is just round the corner from the historic Opera House.
We had a good lunch in the Green Tangerine restaurant in the Old Quarter – good food in a lovely enclosed courtyard. We also ate one evening at the Ly Club restaurant, which is a good upmarket restaurant and only 5 mins walk from the Opera wing entrance.
The only criticism we could find is that the mattress was on the firm side, but many of the other Vietnamese hotels we stayed in suffered from the same problem so maybe it is just a Vietnamese thing?

Reviewed March 13, 2011

My wife and I spent 3 nights in Hanoi on the final leg of our Vietnam holiday - and I decided to splash out and book a room at the Sofitel Metropole as a grand finale. I booked our stay via the sofitel website for a grand premium Opera wing room, with a king size bed on the 6th floor. The room was the best we've ever stayed in - floor boards and a marble bathroom (which had a double vanity, huge double shower, separate toilet and a clawfoot bath) - chaise lounge, writing desk... it had it all. The package provided....breakfast (buffet and you can order from an a la carte menu included for no extra cost), a butler service (I don't know what service a butler provides, but we had access to one!), afternoon/high tea and evening cocktails and canapes. This is great value, as you have the luxury to order what ever drink you desire (if you want cocktails, apperitifs, etc - you got it, as many as you want). They also provided free internet use to guests which is such a plus compared to other 5 star hotels that charge for the priviledge. Service wise - you are greeted at the door with a "bonjour" and everyone is very attentive and polite to make your stay enjoyable. Everyone spoke English very well too which was a real bonus. There are 3 restaurants to choose from (prices are high, but still cheaper compared to Western standards which is great) - but we just ate out at the many restaurants close by to the hotel. Location wise, it is in the classier part of town however you are within walking distance to the Hoan Kiem lake and the old quarter. A short taxi ride will get you to the other sights. If you can afford it, I truely recommend that you stay at this hotel - it is like an oasis, coming back after a day of sight-seeing (and dodging mopeheads) to relax and enjoy yourself courtesy of the Metropole...

Reviewed March 13, 2011

Beibg an A/Club member I have stayed at a number of Sofitels around the world and without doubt the Metropole is in a class above the rest. Our stay was faultless.
We were able to get a promotion which made a Club floor booking possible. If you can afford club do it.
The room was magnificent with the highlights being a rain shower that is to strong to have on full and a bed which I wish I could have taken home ( I found the beds in other Vietnam hotels very hard)
The service was so helpful our every request was promptly forfilled. They made local telephone calls on our behalf, sorted out airline bookings and provided help and information to make our stay trouble free.
We found the hotel to be quiet, there did not seem to be many guests staying at the time. The Club never had more than a few couples.
The hotel has a reception for each wing which are on opposite sides of the building. We found this disorientating and went off in the wrong direction a couple of times.
We could not have selected a better hotel to end what was a great holiday in Vietnam

Reviewed March 13, 2011

I've stayed in some of the best hotels in the world. This is one of the VERY best. After a hard day spent walking and sightseeing in the chaos that is Hanoi, the Opera Wing of the Metropole is a haven of luxury, pampering and exceptional service. Absolutely nothing could be faulted from the largest and most comfortable bed I have ever slept in to lounging in the claw foot bath watching TV in the bathroom to the best Mojito ever drank at cocktail hour. If you can afford it (not cheap!) go for the best and this hotel is the best!

1  Thank shari001