“A distraction from the "culture"” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of VietClimb

VietClimb
Ranked #86 of 456 Outdoor Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: VietClimb Gym offers a quality and safety-oriented sportive facilities with a 200 sqm-climbing surface, a 50 sqm-Cafe & Terrace to chill out, and a climbing Pro-Shop. This modern bouldering centre proposes 100 climbing problems of different grades suitable for every level. Six circuits, each consisting of 15 color-coded boulder problems, makes the learning process intuitive and fun. Usually new circuits are set up every quarter on a rolling basis.VietClimb organises also every week-end outdoor climbing trips in Huu Lung (2 hours from Hanoi, Lang Son province) and in Halong Bay.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A distraction from the "culture"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

A small little bouldering facility in a non-touristy part of town. Worth a look to occupy some time on a rainy afternoon. We stopped by for that reason. We are blessed at home with a great facility, so unfortunately this place doesn't compare, however I'm sure it comes alive with locals in the evenings. A few good problems to work on. Doesn't have any food or drinks available. Expensive compared to what we would expect for the same price in the UK

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jen R

• Vietnamese first
Seattle, Washington
262 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 351 helpful votes
“Great escape from museums and temples!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I and our 5 kids were in Hanoi for two weeks and visit Vietclimb to escape the temples one afternoon. It was super fun for the kids. We have a bouldering gym at home in Seattle that is much bigger but the kids still very much enjoyed themselves for the afternoon.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank misopiso88
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Bouldering Gym!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a wonderful gym in the Westlake area of Hanoi. We live in Seattle and are members of the Seattle Bouldering Project, said to be the world's largest bouldering gym. We are currently traveling the world with our 5 children and so we we're delighted to see that there is a bouldering gym here. While much smaller, they have lots of challenging routes, a nice atmosphere, some food / drinks available, changing facilities, etc. They also organize rock climbing trips to places in Vietnam, which look super cool. Shoe rentals available, and the staff is really nice.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank MisoPiso
Hanoi, Vietnam
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“That's it...?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Unless it is your first time ever you will probably be bored after 10 minutes in this place. The picture make it look great but it is more like a little kids playground and expensive for what you get. They seemed to put on some cool trips but they were very pricy. I was excited when I heard of the place but super disappointed after I visited it.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank GlobalDB
Kiev, Ukraine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The place worth to be in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

That's an amazing place, which I love and visit every time I'm in Hanoi! The first place where I've started to climb and now I'm totally in love with this sport!:)
There are very friendly helpful open people, so it's so easy to get a lot of new friends and have a great time:)
What I also like, it's the way people manage the gym, updating the routs and making something new all the time as well as organizing the outdoor trips. It's just something you definitely need to experience, especially Deep Water Solo!!
Would recommend to visit this gym to get to know this nice climbing community and for sure and will come back there:)

Visited January 2014