“A delightful dinner”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
“A delightful dinner”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Having eaten the local fare (exclusively) for the better part of 2 weeks, I wanted to find a place where I could enjoy and treat myself to a Negroni and a good quality steak.

New York-ish in style, the dining area is long and narrow and split over two levels, with a bar at the back. The seating is very comfortable, the lighting is low, and there is lots of dark timber and leather to set a nice ambience.

Service is of a very high standard, with friendly and attentative staff - all of whom have sound English.

Food was great! Bread was served warm and fresh, and the general menu selection was ample in choice, but not overwhelming.

Prices are definitely not 'Vietnamese' - so expext yo pay western prices. All in all, I really enjoyed dining at Jacksons and would highly recommend.

• Visited December 2013
Petermarketing, Manager at Jacksons Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Marc K,

Thank you for your wonderful review. The team at Jacksons Steakhouse always strives to give customers a warm and friendly dining experience.

We look forward to seeing you again at Jacksons Steakhouse in the near future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
queenstown
“Exceeded recommendation”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Food , staff and restaurant ambiance second to none.
Good wine list. Food presentation fantastic.Steaks amazing.Ladies only order the small one!!

Dear kwasiqtown,

Thank you for your review on Jacksons steakhouse. The team is always happy to hear their customers are satisfied with the food & service they provide. The team works hard to make all our customers dining experience a memorable one.

We look forward to seeing you back at Jacksons sometime in the near future.

The Jacksons Steakhoose Team
Madrid, Spain
“Best Steaks”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We wanted a break from the local cuisine the last time we were in Hanoi, so we decided to try Jacksons Steakhouse, and it was the best decision we could have made. The steaks here are absolutely delicious and we could not get enough. The atmosphere is also very welcoming, and the service is perfect. You can try one of their amazing cocktails because they have some very interesting options, and the menu itself is quite extended. To sum it up, this cute restaurant really was the break we needed from all the Asian food, and I would go back anytime!

• Visited November 2013
Petermarketing, Manager at Jacksons Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Marlon G,

On behalf of Jacksons Steakhouse, thank you for your great review. The team will be happy to hear they have made your dining experience at Jacksons a memorable one.

We look forward to seeing you again at Jacksons in the near future.

Hanoi, Vietnam
“I Don't Like Steakhouses - But!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I was dragged along to this steakhouse by a family invitation. But how glad I am that I went.
Jackson's is a steakhouse in the old style. Superb service, great steaks and a variety of other dishes, a comfortable old world, family friendly place.
I was going to have the beef and ale pie, but thought I ought to try the steak if only to criticize it. The steaks come at three price levels, New Zealand, USA, and Australian and I chose the cheapest, a New Zealand 200gram, medium rare. It was the best steak I have had in years, so I wonder why I should pay more for some higher grade beef!
Our party of 8, 7 Vietnamese family and me, including two children meant that we needed to reduce the portions and Jackson's were more than happy to split a superb burger for the kids and portion the other dishes in the Vietnamese, 'try everything' way.
When it came to dessert, I had to insist on the flambé Crepe Suzette for two. Not only was it cooked at the table but the ladies and children were invited to see how it was done (beautifully by cooking the Grand Marnier sauce and then adding the crepe), and then, as one serving consisted of four crepes, it was portioned into four, the kids having ice-cream.
The staff were all superbly trained, better than anywhere I have seen in Viet Nam, there when wanted, friendly and engaging, anticipating everyone's needs.
A truly memorable occasion and split as we did it, not at all expensive.
I shall return although this does not apply to all steakhouses!

Dear Mel B,

From all the Jacksons Steakhouse staff, we would like to thank you so much for your wonderful review. It's always a pleasure to hear our guests walk away from Jacksons with a truly superb dining experience.

See look forward to seeing you at Jacksons again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Classy and discreet”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Service was excellent not invasive food was impeccable and the ambience was just right one of our friends had a birthday while we were there and the staff sang happy birthday and brought a selection of small cakes to the table which was very tastefully done and we even got a round of drinks from the mature d so all in all it was a pleasant experience

Dear Jeff S,

Thank you very much for your great review for Jacksons Steakhouse. We are always happy to hear our guests enjoyed their dining experience at Jacksons.

We look forward to seeing you at Jacksons in near future.

The Jacksons Steakhouse Team

Been to Jacksons Steakhouse? Share your experiences!