“Seriously good steak”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Monday night when they were having some sort of special new event. You could pay 100,000d (<$5) and have copious quantities of house wine, beer & some excellent cocktails thrown in. There were also delicious canapés. The staff were attentive and knowledgeable. Music (specially put on for the night) was a little loud for my taste but then again maybe I'm just getting old!
We went upstairs to the restaurant and having been in central Vietnam for some time, where I had the Australian waigu tenderloin with truffle mash and broccoli. My partner had the NZ tenderloin (had to have a bit of trans Tasman comparison)
The steak was probably the best steak I have eaten - anywhere - cooked to perfection. The service was brilliant Mr Canh ( sorry I hope I spelled the name correctly) the restaurant manager was outstanding. My partners steak was also excellent - had I not had the waigu I would have thoroughly enjoyed the NZ one
If you are looking for seriously good food, by people who know there business, then this is the place for you. There are delicious sounding menu items that are quite reasonably priced - or if you want to splash out a little, you can get the best the world has to offer.
Great wine selection too. Thanks all for a memorable evening, I'm sure we'll be back ( actually the steak and ale pie sounded so tempting I think I'll be back for lunch)

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We were in Hanoi after living in Vietnam for a year
And really looking forward to a good steak and lovely vegetables. They get everything right at Jacksons!
From the warm greeting as you arrive, the beautiful decor, attentive service but not pushy. Fabulous wine list that was well priced. We tried the NZ tenderloin and the Aussie 200gm Waghu steaks and both
We're perfectly cooked and presented. The
Restaurant manager Mr Canh was a delight to talk
To and a perfect example of somebody who should
definitely be in hospitality!
Thanks Jacksons team for a brilliant night
We will be back soon! Don't miss this when in Hanoi!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We frequently visit Hanoi and decided a change was in order as we had eaten local food for every meal lately. We walked by Jacksons after coming from the lake and were greeted by a charming hostess as we entered. The wine list here is amazing with fantastic picks from all over the world and more reasonable prices than back home. We ordered Pork Belly Lollipops, Salmon Crostini, Cobb Salad, Wagyu Beef, and Chocolate Brownie/Sundae. These dishes were all delicious, well plated, and quite generous portions. The Wagyu Steak was perfectly cooked medium rare, had tasty sides included and went amazing with a dry red. Every dish was great and ingredients were extremely fresh and simply, tastefully spiced. The thing that was most amazing was the staff, not only were they friendly but they were genuinely enjoying their job and quite fun. They approached when needed and out of sight when not, when we engaged them in conversation they were charming, polite, and quite interesting. We found out this is the flagship for a local restaurant group and the staff are the top of dozens of restaurants. The restaurant manager Mr. Kanh? was perfect in checking on us and a westerner from the group came by to say hello and bought us a round of congac when he found out it was our first visit. Was an amazing hideaway from the traffic and heat and will definitely come back especially as the wife loved that they had a non smoking floor. Highly recommended, not cheap but with these quality ingredients a great value anywhere in the world.

1  Thank Mikeylikeit
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband wanted a steak as he works in Vietnam and hadn't eaten real steak for a while. The meal here was delicious, the staff friendly and helpful and the service excellent. They have steaks from Australia, New Zealand and USA. You pay for them but not as much as you would at home. Would recommend it.

1  Thank Hewsies
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Never fails to be anything other than an enjoyable meal and experience. And when you are fuller than full following a delicious juicy steak, if the manager is around he'll still tempt you wish a crepe for desert! Good for couples and entertaining.....

1  Thank Martin C