“Best steak I had in Hanoi”

Jacksons Steakhouse
Ranked #37 of 2,474 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Somewhat costly by Hanoi standards but the food was overall superb. My steak was more rare than I liked despite asking for well done. Ambiance fine and the wait staff attentive. The manager very attentive and staff well trained. You will pay a little more but worth it.

072612z, Manager at Jacksons Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Sorry about the steak being underdone. I hope we can make it up to you in the future.

Keith

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visited Jacksons on the second of our two night stay in Hanoi as part of our honeymoon. We were sorry we didn't find it on our first night as it was a such a fantastic restaurant. You will regret not going here should you have the opportunity.

From the moment we went in the door we were greeted by friendly staff who showed us to a table by the window. The extensive menu was difficult to choose from as there were so many fantastic options. The wine menu was also great as it had Pinot Grigio which is not so easy to find in Asia. The waiting staff weren't overpowering but immediately assisted us with any questions and quickly cleared any dirty ash tray.

My husband ordered the pork belly lollipops for starter and I had the scallops. The pork belly was very juicy and had beautiful crackling you always hope for with pork. Coming from a Coastal region at home, I have enjoyed many scallop dishes but can honestly say they were the best scallops I have ever tasted. All the flavours complimented the perfectly cooked scallops and we couldn't wait to try our steaks to follow.

As the staff promptly topped up our wine, our steaks arrived. Having been travelling in Thailand and Vietnam for ten days were we looking forward to a proper steak and we were not disappointed. As we both requested well done steaks which could sometimes be dry, Jacksons provided us with steaks cooked to perfection and full of taste. I also had the onion rings which were coated in a light batter and were a great side dish, not that the steak required any additional flavours.

To finish off our meal we both had the chocolate fondant. Jacksons were consistent with their high standards and the gooey centre was complimented by a crispy sugar coated outter layer.

When we were ready to leave the staff ordered a taxi which quickly arrived after we received some restaurant recommendations from Keith for the rest of our journey in Vietnam. Keith also provided us with a complimentary Baileys as we were on honeymoon which was very thoughtful.

From start to finish this place is outstanding and could not recommend it highly enough. The food is a fair price for the top quality food and service you receive. This restaurant was one of the highlights of our honeymoon and is certainly the best part of Hanoi.

2  Thank AnnMarie M

We are really happy to hear that we were able to enhance your honeymoon experience. It was a privilege to have you both in our restaurant.
We can't thank you enough for the praise and recommendation. The staff will be made aware of the great comments as well and I know that they will love hearing they helped make your experience in Vietnam a pleasurable one.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I went here one night alone to write on my play and have a couple of beers at the bar before having dinner. I was alone when I came in but within minutes the bar was full of people smoking and I had to go to the second floor which is nice but meant for dinner and not for sitting and having a beer. I was disappointed because the bar looked inviting.
The service was excellent and the food great.

1  Thank threeqs

Sorry to hear that the smoking section of Jacksons affected your experience. I am, however glad to hear that you enjoyed the food service.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

A group of 20+ of us had dinner here. The premises are very smart and pleasant, tho' our semi-private room was up 3 flights of quite steep stairs, but the lower floors also looked very nice.
They have an extensive menu and wine list. Fish, steaks, rack of lamb, veggie etc.
All excellently prepared and served by very pleasant and helpful staff.
Slightly pricey, but if you crave a top Western feed in between all the Spring Rolls and noodles, this is the place.
Same (Hong Kong owned) chain as Jasper's and Alfresco, but in a much classier category.

1  Thank Tom B

Yeah the stairs can be a bit much, but happy to hear the staff were pleasant and the food was to your liking.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

First class service, excellent food, friendly staff.
A dining experience with just the best steak.
Not cheap by local standards, but OK by western standards.

1  Thank Philip G

Thank you for your review, very kind. We always strive to deliver the best service and food we can and when we get reviews like this the staff are always happy and it does wonders for the morale at Jacksons