“Delicious Steak”

Jacksons Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 2,196 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: American, Australian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Singapore, Singapore
“Delicious Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

When it comes to steak, I am a picky eater. So I can safely say that if you are craving steak when in Hanoi, look no further to Jacksons.

We have tried the outstanding Australian Wagyu, as well as the 'still delicious' US Angus, and they were done to perfection. Yes, granted, the prices are a bit steep, given that you can find much cheaper food in Hanoi, but you get what you pay for. Do get the truffle mash as well - it's easily the best available mash on the menu. The fajitas were nice too, but the attraction here is definitely the steak (the Australian wagyu if your wallet is agreeable).

We have been here twice, but on the second visit, our window table, which we had earlier reserved, had been given away to another couple. This was disappointing, as we were not late, and had clearly requested for this particular table when making the booking, which the operator had assured us was reserved in our name. The food was still excellent, but this slip affected the experience somewhat.

• Visited September 2012
072612z, Manager at Jacksons Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
First of all I am terribly sorry that you didn't get the table you requested, not sure how that happened but I do apologize.
That being said I am thrilled that everything else was to your liking. If you are ever back in Hanoi please let us make it up to you and I will reserve ̣̣̣̣̣̣, and keep your table.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Yummm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We ate a lovely dinner here, and would highly recommend it!! We split a bottle of wine, and shared the sesame tuna and the pork belly lollipops both were delicious! We then split a steak with sides of truffle mashed potatoes, fries and the creamed spinach! We had no room for desert as we were stuffed!! One of our pricier dinners while in Vietnam, but worth every Dong!!

• Visited October 2012
Your comments are greatly appreciated. The staff will be made aware of your review. We are very happy you left stuffed.

Albury, Australia
“Most amazing steak and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

After 4 days in Hanoi and a culture shock, I needed steak. My hopes weren't high as I didn't think I would get a great steak as the reviews said. We were greeted at the taxi by lovely staff who were more then helpful. I had one of the cheaper sirloin steaks with creamy mash and Bernaise sauce. The dish presented amazing and tasted even better! My family had spaghetti carbonara and veal schnitzel - none of us could fault anything. We then watched the waiter prepare our crepe suzette desert (the desert special which was suggested) the flavours were excellent, like nothing I have ever tasted before! The manager Keith was excellent, we spoke about our holiday in Vietnam, where we were going and what we were doing, he made us a list of Vietnamese and western restaurants he would recommend in Hue, Hoi Ann and Ho Chi Mingh, we thought this was excellent, he didn't have to go so far out of his way. So helpful, interesting and great to talk to.
I highly recommend this fine dining restaurant to anyone wanting a fantastic meal!

Prices- we had 3 meals, a few wines and a cocktail for under $100. More expensive then the other food I have come across, but I would go back in a heart beat. We were happy to tip these excellent people!
VERY HAPPY! :) :)

The staff all enjoyed your company as well. The comments are very much appreciated and we all understand the culture shock thing. Thanks for the recommendation. Next time you find yourself in Vietnam we would love to see you again.

San Diego, California
“Delicious Steak and dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had the pleasure of having our Anniversary dinner here and we are happy we did! The staff is great and was always nearby. Steak was cooked perfectly and was delicious. We also enjoyed the yummy Greek salad! The food was so good that we came back the day after for an early dinner and the staff remembered us! Ha ha! We wish we had a Jackson's back in America!!! Eat here and you will leave HAPPY!

• Visited October 2012
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary. The staff will love reading this review. Maybe a Jacksons will open in the USA but it may take a while.

Bogota, Colombia
“Number one in Hanoi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

If you like steak, this is a must. Can not fault this place. I am from Australia and have been to New Zealand and USA.. Had steaks from all three of these countries. I HIGHLY rate this steakhouse. Enough said.

Short and sweet, thanks for the praise.

Keith