“Best restaurant in Vietnam!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bar-rique Brasserie
Ranked #299 of 2,169 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: French, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: - 100% Traditional French Cuisine- Wine boutique with 500 different items at all budgets- Lunch menu at VND 198.000+/ 3 courses
“Best restaurant in Vietnam!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you want to eat excellent french food, this is the place where you have to go. Me and my boyfriend ate the 3 course menu, only 7 dollars each!! I ate the paté, as main course i had the beef casserole and as dessert the red fruit cake, my boyfriend had the carpaccio, beef usa and the homemade cheese. It was amazing food. I don't understand why this restaurant is not on the first place At tripadvisor, great food for a great value. I would definetly recommend this restaurant to everyone. Staff is also really kind. You Will not regret eating here.
Kind Regards, Tim and Lotte (Holland)

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal here.

We are a family of 5 with 3 children aged 4, 7 and 10.

Service and general attitude of staff was great.

Left feeling happy and well fed.

Good value and very large wine list catering for all tastes and price brackets too.

Recommended.

• Visited June 2013
Hanoi
“Good value but services to be improved”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Generally, the restaurant offers good food at very reasonable price. I was surprised that their 3-course dishes are offered at a set price of $7.

Minus point is the service:
- We have to wait for long to be served with our main course though I dont think the traffic was that crowded.
- My friend had no time to wait thus requested a take-away but they dont have that service.
- I was so annoyed that one of the waiters treated us with different face from those white ppl next table. (I take away 2 stars mainly for this reason).

If the service is improved, I'll come back. If not, I won't pay for the irritation by discriminated service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hanguyen_12
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent value and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

While in Hanoi the past week we have been on the hunt for a good French restaurant- and we have found one.
In the past 3 days we have dined at DC Bistro Boutique twice for dinner. It is excellent. Quang the maitre d' is delightful- beautiful smile and he can't do enough to ensure your night is enjoyable. There is a cute wine cellar downstairs where you can choose to have a pre dinner drink or head straight upstairs to the cosy restaurant. Gingham tablecloths set the scene.
First night my friend ordered from the a la carte menu and had snails and duck. I ordered from their $25US 3 course menu- from which i enjoyed foie gras fish and an intersting cheese platter. Their warm breadstick is delicious too.
Last night we tried their $7US 3 course meal- yes US$7!- wow- what a beautiful meal.  Couple of the courses had an extra surchage -minimal though ( think my poussin was 50,000 VND extra)
My friend had duck rillade, pork rib and choc mousse. I had pate, half poussin and creme caramel. The textureof the rillade and pate was excellent. The whole meal was delicious. My French fries were like angelhair.
Great value and most important, very tasty.
Good wine list and reasonable. On both nights we consumed a bottle of Chilean Chardonnay for 380,000VND.
Last night our bill came to 950,000VND ( AUS $65) which included a dry martini, a bottle of wine and a bottle of mineral water- plus 3 courses. Great value.
It's 3 mins from Hilton Hanoi Opera Hotel- 30,000 taxi fare. Try it out- and let the beautiful Quang look after you.
PS. We went to Green Tangerine one night planning to have dinner : there were empty tables on ground floor but they took us upstairs to a hot empty room where we nearly passed out. Needless to say we returned downstairs!
Cocktails were very expensive and disappointing- my Singapore Sling was served in a champagne flute and was tasteless and lacklustre. In fact, the worst cocktail I  had in my 3 weeks in Vietnam - and I have sampled many.
We looked at the food menu as we were planning to stay but it was very expensive. All wines were priced above a million VND!  We knew there was better value elsewhere. So we passed on dinner and moved on.

• Visited July 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent Value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went for lunch to try their 3 course 7 US$ menu. Depending on the dishes you choose there is a surcharge of 1 - 2 $ per dish on top of the menu price, so our lunch turned out to be around 12 $ each, still good value...We tried the pate, steak tartar and cheese & chocolate tart and while the portions are small all dishes turned out tasty. Exactly what you expect from a french bistro. We were sitting on the lower level which is pretty much in the middle of their wine store, but still comfortably enough for lunch.

• Visited June 2013