“12-day VIETNAM - CAMBODIA TOUR WITH WONDERS”
Review of VietLong Travel

Overnight Mai Chau Motorbike Tour from Hanoi
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHO WE ARE ? At the early start, Vietlong travel was a small local tour operator for individual travellers to visit Vietnam, and has since rapidly grown with the expansion of its activities over the border to Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Myanmar. As a result , it has got a new height to become a destination tour company with a group of experienced guides and professional qualified experts, who also has been involved in tourism business for many years, both in and outside Vietnam. In together with its development, Vietlong Travel has set up the representative operation office and affiliates located in Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Myanmar. The omnipresent flag allows our company to be committed to taking care of all your travel arrangement in a timely manner and making your trip a unique experience. WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL ? The advantage of Vietlong Travel over its competitors is the efficiency of dynamic team and very experienced manager who co-operate with each other harmoniously, and who all work for the same goals. We are also a dynamic operator continually developing new trips focusing on areas that many tour operators prefer to stay away from. The travel products are often updated to give clients the perfect holiday possible. The hotel portfolio increases daily to meet the accommodation needs of travellers seeking a high standard of lodging at extremely competitive prices in key destinations. The package tours described in our website range from easy touring to challenging activities, all focusing in some depth on culture, history, lifestyle, wildlife , cuisine and landscape of Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, Thailand and Myanmar that are generally quite different to your own. These products also give travelers of diverse backgrounds , interests and budgets numerous options to choose from since they have been quoted based on different hotel categories running from standard to deluxe. At every trip, we ensure the itinerary is well-paced, the transport is interesting and safe and the hotels are well located , the guide are informative and friendly. Additionally, it is also carefully calculated to bring you a perfect balance between adventure and comfort, exploration and relaxation. Vietlong Travel has also specialized in tailor-made travel besides prepackaged holidays. The trip descriptions are tour elements that can be combined in an endless variety. No matter what your enquiry is, our expert will carefully work on it and provide you with invaluable and advisory offer. We can make requirements for groups or individuals those wish to get off the beaten track or simply relax and be pampered at a five star resort.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“12-day VIETNAM - CAMBODIA TOUR WITH WONDERS”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We booked a tour online with Vietlong travel for our vacation this May. Agent was attentive and accommodating even before we got to Vietnam. They made sure we had our plane tickets, invoice and itinerary. We were generally happy with the tour package however there were some minor inconveniences. Upon our airport arrival, the guide was nowhere to be found. He probably misunderstood our arrival time which was around midnite (0030 hrs) and thought that it was lunch time (12.30pm). It's a good thing we had the guide's contact number so we called him up and someone picked us up from the airport and brought us to the hotel. And since it was a midnite arrival, we were not advised to book a room that's exclusive from the package as our tour started the next day. Luckily, we were able to book a room at a discount. The guide and travel agent were very apologetic although a discount would have been preferred as compensation :) From thereon, the tour went smoothly. From our transfer to hanoi-halong bay up to cambodia - everything was good. Our tour guides, Minh from Hue and Narin from Cambodia were very informative and very nice. Always arriving on time and knows their job well. It was a fun trip as we had the chance to ride a cyclo (vietnamese tricycle), a junk, a motorbike, boats, night train and go kayaking all in one trip. In summary, it was a good trip. I would recommend this for travellers who want an "almost hassle-free" trip...check out their itinerary... the tour includes around 4 world heritage sites - i love phong nha caves and hoi an and siem reap! You can probably arrange for a cheaper package if you plan it yourself, but i think it's a good buy if you just want to enjoy a relaxing trip without the hassles of planning.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank libian

• Czech first
South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Halong Bay And Sapa Tours”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

In April this year my husband and I went to Vietnam for 16 days. It was suggested by friends that we should book any tours we wanted to do when we arrived in Vietnam. So whilst staying in our Hotel in Hanoi,(Golden Wings 2), with the help of one of the friendly staff (Steven) we organized a trip to Halong bay and one to Sapa. (Steven is originally from Sapa, so had local knowledge). After looking thru a couple of book/brochures, we chose which boat we wanted to stay on. Steven organised all the rest. We were picked up from our Hotel for both tours and all the connections were smooth easy and friendly. On both our tours we met and made friends with other travellers, and it sounded like our "organisation" was alot more thorough than some others. Some of our new found friends were left at the train station to fend for themselves at the end of their trip, whilst we were met by a member of our hotel staff, even tho' it was 6:30am and still dark. The trips were both reasonably priced and at the end of them both we were so glad we had chosen to go both to Sapa and to Halong Bay. On our cruise the staff were all great and our guide 'TAM' was so nice and they made the night fun, joining in on the karaoke evening and cooking class. Our local guide in Sapa 'Lala' was really sweet and lots of fun also. All the meals were delicious and plentiful. The train ride was a hoot!! All in all I have No hesitations in recommending this firm to everyone. Do it, you'll have a blast!! Oh and of course the scenery and local people of Sapa and Halong Bay were AMAZING!!

Visited April 2012
6 Thank Ish261
Redland City
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Heritage Cruise Halong Bay”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole idea of a night on the Heritage junk with wonderful seafood and obliging staff. The room we had was very clean and comfortable and private with an ensuite. The scenery was magnificent and there was a choice of activities off the boat to visit. Our guide Tony was terrific too. I would recommend Heritage Junk.
Helen

Visited April 2012
2 Thank hulloAussie
Jakarta, Indonesia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Second time to Halong bay, and I still enjoy it.”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is my second time to Halong Bay using Heritage Cruise. The reasons I still choose Heritage Cruise are because the price suits my budget and I had experienced no big trouble during my first trip with Heritage. You will see some users reviewing how excellent, while others reviewing how worst the cruise or the crew were. I can only say that, it depends on the person him/herself. Personally, I can say that I enjoyed my trip, and I'd only give neutral opinions about the trip.

Since I have no high expectation of how luxurious the cruise would be (please do remember the price you pay for the tour), I was satisfied using Heritage Cruise and Vietlong travel as the agent. Trouble might happened on the cruise, or you met some passengers who didn't want to mingle with others, but it's not a big deal at all and the main point is I still had the fun enjoying the beauty of Halong bay and Catba island.

Again my thank you to Ms. Thai Ha as the marketing of Vietlong and to all the guides in Halong and Sapa. It's a pleasure for me to use their service.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Diana_Lee_XShi
vietlongtravel, Director of Sales at VietLong Travel, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Hi Diana

Thanks so much for your very honest-neutral comments about the services on Heritage Cruise provided by Viet Long Travel. Actually, the brand-name of Halong Royal Heritage or Heritage Cruise is not a long-standing ones but at the early stage of professional operation. And there is a fact that nothing is perfect and we are not an except. Obviously sometimes we also got misguided in services but thanks to your comments, time by time we've gradually improved the services better and better.
we commit to bring our customers more satisfactions in the forthcoming time. And We all do expect that you will return Vietnam many times to witness the positive changes of our travel services

Mr. Dong - Director of Sales
San Diego, California
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“go to my website on travelpod to read my experience kwdestinations/vietnam”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

during my travel experience using Vietlong Travel out of Hanoi, we were able to experience more than expected during the visit. Halong Bay was gorgeous and mention the exact boat number you should use if you take the bay cruise, definitely TWO NIGHTS, not just one. Our flights were trouble free, the guides chosen by Vietlong Travel were very good, our quiet time in hotels also provided by Vietlong Travel were just right for our needs. The food was teriffic and especially the cooking class in Hoi An. A group of international students and much conversation at our lunch we cooked ourselves. Saigon was so dramatically different than North Vietnam and we had a shopping frenzy at the BanTan Market in the city. The trip was perfect in everyway. Suggestions on tips and guidelines (VERY NECESSARY) can be read on my travel blog. kwdestinations/vietnam

Visited December 2011