“Helpful, good price”
Review of Darian Culbert

Darian Culbert
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Darian Culbert (Be aware of fake persons) is an authorized booking agency of all cruises in Halong Bay. Booking with us is always cheaper, quicker and double guaranteed because you can check your booking status with Darian Culbert and the cruise directly. Click on the links attached on this page to our official website and email! We have NO other website or email please!
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked a cruise on the Princess III through Darian Culbert, and it was a great experience. Of course you can book the cruise through many different agents and outlets, including directly with Indochina Junk, but Darian Culbert has very responsive customer service and good prices -- a good deal better than the price Indochina Junk quoted me when I contacted them directly, surprisingly. Please see my review of Indochina Junk for the cruise itself, which was unforgettable.

1  Thank kate0614
in 22 reviews
in 17 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Many thanks to you Darian, all four of us getting very emotional by the time to say good by to Halong Bay.

We should book Halong Bay Cruise for 3 days 2 night instead! With your advise, we really have a great time with Emotion Cruise. Really value for money & it's more that what we expected. It was a long drive from Hanoi, but it really worth it. Food very good, cruise staffs very sweet & helfull. Squid fishing very fun as we manage to catch 1 squid only (after waiting for half an hour... hahaha).

Thank you very much for your patient while entertain all my nonsense question one after another. We never tought that we will have so much fun in Hanoi & Halong Bay. We definately comes again!

1  Thank AzlynnaA
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Nice tour and I was very happy I choose a small boat, all 7 of us became good friends overnight. The ha long tour was nice and the cabin was nice, issue with the water pressure though. 2 things though really spoilt it, the transfer was in a really crappy old mini van, plasters holding up the air vents and then the drink prices. We were told 22,500 dong ($0.50) when I first asked about beer but when the final bill came they charged $2.50 a can. Not going to break anyone but left an unpleasant taste. Also the people running the tour didn't seem to know about my private transfer till I sorted everything. All in all I would not use them again

12  Thank dp123
Reviewed February 21, 2013

wanted to book on one boat but it wasnt available but he gave us a great list of alternative. upon getting our email coupon we realised the tour length was wrong. one email and it was fixed immediately.

the paloma which i cant find to review on here was beyond amazing, good itinerary, mind blowing food, comfy beds & fantastic staff & service.

the boat does say its the villagers who throw rubbish in the sea, maybe so but not the levels we saw in some spots. horrible to know how rubbish is destroying such a lovely place.

3  Thank Little-Red-Kate
See more reviews
Reviewed February 9, 2013

After reading so many reviews about Darian's great service, I was incredibly disappointed with my own experience. Perhaps this is the wrong place to vent as it wasn't the Halong Bay cruise that was the issue. We also booked our Livitrans tickets (from Hue to Hanoi) through Darian, who we personally corresponded with over a dozen or more emails. A couple of days before the train, we got an email from Darian informing us that the train we were supposed to be on (leaving Hue at 2.30) was overbooked, and he'd moved us to a train leaving at 1.20 instead, and to please send us the hotel we were staying at in Hue so he could have someone bring our tickets over. He also said that if the tickets weren't delivered "a day or two before" to give him a call (he provided a mobile number on the receipt). Mid-afternoon of the day before the train and no tickets had been delivered, I called the number he provided only to be told by Darian that he was busy and to call Livitrans instead. Our hotel receptionist called for us, and after some long exchanges finally ascertained for us where our tickets were (the Livitrans office about a block from Hue train station)- no thanks to Darian. The next morning we went to pick up our tickets, only to find it empty and locked, with a lady in the office next door informing me that it wasn't opening until 1.30, which was obviously a whole lot of useless to me. After finding an incredibly helpful man working at the train station, who called Darian (again, in vain), let me use his wi-fi to email Darian (no reply, even after the event) and managed to wrangle Livitrans into opening their office early for me. If not for the complete kindness of a stranger, I would never have gotten my train.

Obviously Darian is based in Hanoi and couldn't have been expected to do anything personally in this situation, however he let me down completely - and I never got a reply to my email asking him for assistance in chasing up my ticket. Given the great reviews he has gotten, I felt extremely let down by this whole interaction.

16  Thank waxember