“Definitely Book Halong Bay Through Darian Culbert!”
Review of Darian Culbert

Darian Culbert
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Darian Culbert (Be aware of fake persons) is an authorized booking agency of all cruises in Halong Bay. Booking with us is always cheaper, quicker and double guaranteed because you can check your booking status with Darian Culbert and the cruise directly. Click on the links attached on this page to our official website and email! We have NO other website or email please!
Bangalore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Definitely Book Halong Bay Through Darian Culbert!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

When I had just two days to navigate through hundreds of Halong Bay cruise options, I found the process overwhelming. Fortunately, I came across Darian Culbert on TripAdvisor when I read his excellent reviews, and I sent him an e-mail in addition to contacting two other cruise companies directly. Darian replied immediately, and walked me through the booking process. It couldn't have been easier to assess a few great options and to make a secure payment online. (The other two cruise companies were slower to respond.)

But the value of working with Darian isn't just sorting through different cruise companies; it's also that he helps you to gain the best experience from the cruise you select. For example, I chose Indochina Junk (Dragon Pearl), which was phenomenal, and Darian helped me get a top floor room with the best view looking out from the boat. Without Darian, I never would have thought to request such a room. Even better, Darian explained to the boat tour director and crew that a family member I was traveling with would be celebrating his birthday on our trip. The crew baked a cake for him, and everyone on our cruise (20 people total) celebrated together. It was extremely memorable and amazing! I couldn't have asked for better service from Darian, and I'm so thankful to have worked with him to plan my Halong Bay adventure.

Visited July 2012

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Incredible service!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

As I was trying to navigate the plethora of info about Halong Bay Cruises, I stumbled across the many informative posts written by Darian Culbert. I sent him a list of questions, which he answered promptly and thoroughly...and ened up booking a cruise on The DRAGON's PEARL through his tour company.

I can't stress enough how incredibly responsive he was to my many questions! We also decided to have him get the paperwork for our Visa on Arrival, which went off without a hitch and was far less expensive than getting the Visavia the Embassy in the US!!!

Once we got to Hanoi, we contacted Darian to see if he could arrange it so two of the people from our party could be picked up at a different location (other than the hotel) on the day of our cruise. We had two people in our party of three who really wanted to visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum while in Hanoi, but the museum is ONLY open 7:30am to 11:00 on every day but Monday and Friday. We were not going to be able to fit the Ho Chi Minh visit in AT ALL unless we went early before the transport van was to pick us up for the long 3 1/2 hour trip to the pier in Halong. So Darian arranged for the van to pick up two of our party at the Opera House (which is pretty close to Ho Chi Minh) at 8:15, as the last stop on the van pick ups. It all worked out perfectly, thanks to Darian, and the two who saw Ho Chi Minh were able to make it to the Opera House before the van arrived.

(as a side note, be aware that the lines and procedures to get in to the mausoleum are VERY long and security intensive. There was a line up of over 100 people by the time our party arrived at the mausoleum at 6:45am. They did note that when they came out of the mausoleum around 8:00am, the line was considerably shorter...so maybe there's a brief respite from the crowds after the first of the morning rush and the later morning crowds?

All in all, I strongly recommend using Darian (his english is fantastic) to book your cruise and trying to use the Indochine Junk Fleets. Simply AMAZING!

Visited June 2012
11 Thank danslesoleil
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Once upon a time in Northern Vietnam”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Me and my 69 years old Aunty just came back from northern Vietnam last May. It was very hot there! Might be we should come in april actually. We were visited Hanoi, Ninh Binh, Halong Bay, and Sapa. Darian managed all of our private journey itinerary there. Actually we can buy holiday packages to vietnam from our local agent in Jakarta-Indonesia, but we like to choose a local agent from Hanoi because we wanna get in touch directly with Vietnamese people. After browsed on the internet about tour agent in hanoi, i decided to choose Darian's service after read a review from one of indonesian travel blog that ever used darian's service when he and his big family (including children and old parents) were travelled in northern vietnam. Thats a good review. So i started to email Darian. Written down about what we wanna see and experience in northern Vietnam. Our needs, our dislikes, our disability and also noticed Darian that i will travel with 69 years old woman. Darian always replied my email and perceive all our needs. And yep, when we were in hanoi, Darian proved great service to us. A warmly welcome, amazing sites, awsome tour guide, nice driver, good restaurants and beautiful cruise! Me and my aunty have had a wonderful journey there. And one thing, Darian gave me 2 box of G7 vietnamese coffee. The taste and the aroma are very good. Darian, i need it more actually! And yes, like other costumer said, Darian Culbert followed up until the trip was completed! We still keep in touch till now. Darian Culbert is higly recommended!

Visited May 2012
11 Thank Defe_12
Jakarta, Indonesia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Doing it right from the start!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Having so many tour to choose from was not easy, especially after reading so many scam happening in Vietnam. Darian Culbert was the third tour that I contacted before I decided to use his service, as a friend recommended me to choose the tour operator I'm comfortable with. They do things right since the beginning. Speedy replies through e-mail, thorough information on service I required, wide range of options, various payment methodology (especially the online part. Very convenient.) and it does not stop there. Unlike some other tour which I used on several trips before which the service stopped when the purchase was made, Darian Culbert followed up until the trip was completed!
I had a great service through my journey in halong bay, and would recommend you to use Darian Culbert for your halong bay trip!

9 Thank Nelson P
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Reliable service!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stumbled upon Darian's website when I did my reasearch on Halong Bay late last year. He replied all my emails with good and polite English and he was most helpful in answering all the questions I had. The junk that I sought Darian's opinion on was the Dragon's Pearl by Indochina junks. The junk itself had got the oriental touch that I was after so i was really happy about it. The schedule was quite perfect too - just enough activity & rest time to take in the magnificent Halong Bay. I also used Darian's service for obtaining my visa on arrival and it was as smooth as the junk booking.

I might mention I requested for a room on the second level (as suggested by one of the travelers on the Lonely Planet forum) and Darian got it for me (I was very impressed when the guide was handing out the keys!). Although I'm not sure if I could say I got the best room on the junk - there were two rooms on the second floor, and the ppl living in the other room (next to me) had to walk past our balcony to get out so it's not as private. But on the other hand the balcony did make our room feel better than the cabins downstairs as it felt more spacious (cabins downstairs had a shared narrow hallway).

Visited January 2012