“Modern, Clean & Comfortable”

Joseph's Hang Da Hotel
Ranked #91 of 577 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Brussels, Belgium
“Modern, Clean & Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel was recommended to us by the owner of another hotel we stayed at in Hanoi. We were looking for a place to stay during the day after our arrival in Hanoi from Sapa on the sleeper train and our long haul flight back home.

We arrived early morning just before 5 AM. Our taxi driver had some difficulty finding the place because all lights were out. Someone was at the reception however, and after knocking on the door we were kindly welcomed in.

We were given a big and very clean room with all the modern amenities & a clean bathroom. This was a bliss after maybe having had one hour of sleep on the train. After a nap we were able to enjoy a freshly cooked breakfast with choice of Western & Vietnamese options.

The hotel was able to arrange a driver for our transfer back to the airport. The driver arrived timely and ushered us to the airport.

All in all, a very good experience. Would definitely recommend this hotel for longer stays.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arnhem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

If you combine the following elements: quality, coziness and cleanness; it will be the closest way to describe my experience at the Joseph’s Hang Da hotel.

Quality- The hotel breathes quality and it can be seen back in the materials provided in the room. Not only can it be seen back in the equipment that can be found in the room (e.g airco,flat-screen tv, bed, shower) but I was able to sense the quality into the smallest details such as type of toilet paper or the free complimentary bottled water. In the morning you can choose from a fine selection between Western and Vietnamese food. I personally always picked the fresh-made pancakes that were made on request along with a bowl of cereal.

Coziness- On my way to the KFC I accidentally passed by this hotel that I was to manage to catch by the top-right corner of my eye, and so I decided to walk in. My first impression was that it looked very cozy as I walked towards the reception. The rooms were bigger than I expected and the design gave me a cozy feeling. During my stay I managed to bump into Brian(the owner) a lot, and he really made sure that all my needs and were satisfied. I asked for an extra table (for my laptop) and within no time he fixed it for me.

Cleanness- My credits goes out to the cleaning staff of this hotel! This is without any doubt one of the most cleanest hotels I have stayed in. I witnessed how the cleaning staff were cleaning room, and my ooh my, they don’t miss out anything. Not only the room, but the stairs, the lobby, in fact; the whole hotels looks super neat and clean.

Although the Wi-Fi is not lightning fast and the hotel has no elevator, the positive things outweighs it by far. I strongly recommend this hotel, may it be for a long or short stay! I know where I will be staying next time I return to Hanoi!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed two nights at Joseph's Hang Da in Hanoi before continuing on to Halong Bay and Sapa a couple weeks ago. Our group occupied 3 rooms (same layout on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd floor) and they were all immaculately clean and nicely furnished with new and contemporary furniture. The bathrooms were surprisingly spacious and had modern amenities, like the rain shower heads, clear glass shower stalls, contemporary toilets and sinks. That said, I believe this is a newly opened hotel so everything is still in top-notch condition.

The complimentary breakfast in the morning was excellent, esp. the variety of fresh fruits, French press coffee, and assortment of Vietnamese noodles and soups. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel even stowed our luggages for a few days while we each packed a smaller bag for our trips to Halong Bay and Sapa. We were also allowed to use the bathroom/shower facilities in one of the rooms (for a nominal fee) to freshen up and change into clean clothes after coming back from Halong Bay and before departing for Sapa during Day 4 of our trip.

When we came back to Hanoi from Sapa, we stayed at the sister property, Joseph's Hotel at Au Trieu Street. Our stowed luggages were transferred to the sister property upon arrival.

Overall, we had a great experience staying at Joseph's Hang Da.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter; there is no elevator but the staff will carry the luggages to the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Gr8 to see the owner so involved with his clients, preparing breakfast, advise on travel plans if asked, always available, polite & courteous to all. The rooms have aircon plus fan, spacious,well designed, clean & comfortable, with a generously sized bathroom.
Easy access to shopping, food, night life, transportation.
Brian has travelled extensively, so 4 the likes of me it was a god send. "Over 50 & never travelled b4".
His advise on places to visit, transportation, other accommodation & acceptable costs have been spot on, every detail planned to perfection.
To me this hotel offered the complete package 4 my needs.
Cheers team

• Stayed June 2012
New York, NY USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

My 5 nights in Hanoi was spent here and had the best time. The rooms are immaculately clean, nicely furnished, bed and linens are really comfy, love love the balcony overlooking the old quarter and the breakfast is beyond delicious. You can tell the caliber of the foods they buy are of good quality. My very finicky parents even joined me for 2 nights and loved it. Mostly because of the service of Brian, the owner and manager. He really takes care of you and my parents couldn't stop talking about him. An awesome place and a great reaxed haven for days in the chaotic charm of Hanoi.

Room Tip: Room 101 I love.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

I am staying in Hanoi for a month on business and chose Joseph's Hang Da Hotel on a friends recommendation. I honestly can not praise the hotel enough.

The rooms

Spacious, comfortable and spotless with modern bathrooms equal to any international hotel.

The owner/staff

Friendly, helpful, efficient, honest and always have a smile on their faces.

Breakfast

Great selection of English, Vietnamese, fruits and cereals.

Location

Feels like a safe area with plenty of places to eat and drink close by and a comfortable walk to the centre of the old quarter.

Rooms are quiet and I would like to thank Brian and his staff for making my trip to Hanoi very enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night after a return from Sapa on our way to Hue because the Joseph's Hotel was full (their part of the same group). Stayed in the deluxe queen on the 3rd or 4th floor front.

Pros:
- service is good
- Rooms are actually bigger and much nicer than Joseph's
- enclosed shower, much better than the Joseph's open shower.
- breakfast is again fantastic and better than Joseph's, if only because of the bun bo nam bo (sp?) noodle dish next door they serve... It's like crack, my wife's number one dish in all of SE Asia so far (and we've had some nice one's).
- room includes a couch, nice balcony, etc.

Cons:
- building is still being finished, missing odds and ends. Namely any furniture on said balconies, not enough hooks in the bathroom (none)
- wireless is unstable and crappy. We got no reception in our room, despite the wireless ap being 7 feet from our door.
- no elevator. Not a problem for us, but would be for others (4+ floors)

I really like Brian (gm) and thought his team was great in general. My only major complaint would be that they kind of ripped me off as I was leaving... Our room at Hang Da was $30 on Agoda, and they charged us at the other Joseph's hotel rate for our abbreviated night ($45, we got in at 5:30am). Left a bad aftertaste to what was otherwise a fantastic meal... Definitely would stay again, but would probably rely on them less for "arrangements"

• Stayed March 2012