“Amazing, incredible service!”

Golden Legend Hotel
Ranked #48 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
“Amazing, incredible service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

What a find!! For just a few dollars more than the not so nice accommodation around this place, value for money is incredible.
Beautiful clean rooms.
The service here is out of this world, staff couldn't do more to help you. We went on a bike trip around sapa and hired bikes in Hanoi. We had to put them on the train and the hotel sent people ahead to help us with our bags and then bikes at the train station! Couldn't believe how helpful they were!
Would reccomend this hotel in a heartbeat. If I ever come back to Hanoi I wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank filuke
Management10chancam, Customer care Team at Golden Legend Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Mr Luke

My name is Catherine , on behalf of our hotel Management board of Golden Legend Hotel, We would like to send to you million thanks for your support by staying and using our services.

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel and tour arrangements to your satisfaction.

It was truly a delight to served you and your friends as our honored guests and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again very soon !

Sincerely yours
Mrs Catherine - Customer Care Manager
"Customer Care Team.
We Care About You"

Golden Legend hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wodonga, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a little gem! Great location, excellent service and friendly staff but above all, the beds were the best we encountered during our three weeks in Vietnam! Leave room for the bountiful breakfast included in the tariff, freshly prepared and served with a smile. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SteveB1956
Management10chancam, Manager at Golden Legend Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Steve,

It was a great pleasure welcoming you at Golden Legend Hotel. I thank you for your kind feedback and your special mention of our beds what make your stay as a home away from home.

We are happy that you enjoy the hotel central location and the friendly staffs. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I booked this hotel after researching on tripadvisor and was very happy with the choice. Our family of 4 booked the family interconnecting rooms, perfect for us, located on the 7th floor.

The staff were very helpful in recommending day trips and activities. I booked our accommodation directly with the hotel and included a 3 day Halong Bay trip. Mrs Sunny made all the arrangements which was easy for me and didn't require a deposit.

Our Halong Bay trip ended up being cancelled due to bad weather and so turned into a day trip - not what we wanted at all. Unfortunately they won't advise you of the cancellation until you've driven 4 hours to get there. Luckily, after a phone call with Mrs Sunny, we were able to move back into the same rooms we had previously.

The hotel rooms are a good size, with very comfortable bedding and an adequate bathroom. The kids bathroom had a huge shower which looked a bit newer than ours. Our bathroom had a bath/shower set up which was ok but needed a little maintenance. We didn't mind as it was functional and was kept very clean.

The housekeeping staff did a great job and were very discreet, chocolates left at night were much appreciated.

We had laundry done at the hotel as we were travelling light - fantastic service - always back by the end of the day. We used the minibar because it was reasonably priced.

I have to give a special mention about Hien who served us breakfast 6 out of 7 mornings. She always had a smile on her face and was very happy to bring extra food for our hungry teenage kids.

My only gripe for this hotel is the dragging of chairs at 6.30am every morning in the breakfast room, 2 floors above us and the closing of doors at night. I think the sound travels up the stairwell. All that is needed is some felt on chair legs and perhaps some rubber on the door frames to muffle the noise. We did get used to this and so wasn't a major drama but it can be easily fixed.

I would happily come back to this hotel. I found it to be good value for money, very comfortable and with lovely, helpful staff being managed very well by Mrs Sunny and Mr Ha. Thank you for making our longer-than-expected Hanoi stay a very enjoyable one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ngaire L
Management10chancam, Manager at Golden Legend Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Mrs. Ngaire

It was a real pleasure reading such positive a feedback as yours and I thank you for that to the Golden Legend Hotel.

It is a pleasure to learn that we had the opportunity to welcome you at the Legend hotel. I agree with variety of guest comments that a guest's happy stay is not always due to the service but also of the beauty and atmosphere of the building.

I will pass on your kind words to my teams which will serve as an encouragement to all of them to keep on providing high standard of services to all of our guests.

I regret that the weather was not as your expect at Ha Long bay and I do hope to have other chance to serve you. I take on board your comment about the dragging of chairs in the morning and will review with our team.

it was an honor that we had the possibility to make your stay extra special and we all hope to welcoming you back soon.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

You are always welcome at the Golden Legend. The staff makes each visit relaxing and enjoyable. It is close to the Old Quarters and easy walking to restaurants and shops. The rooms are nice and clean and the free breakfast is tasty and filling.
The staff has become friends after my many stays here. They make you feel like family from the minute you walk in the front door. My wife and I have stayed here many times and we both stay here when we travel separately. I always tell friends and people I meet if they come to Hanoi to stay at this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Marvin S
Management10chancam, Manager at Golden Legend Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Mr. Marvin

Thank you for your kind comment on this website subsequent to your stay at the Golden Legend Hotel.

From your comments, I am delighted to learn that you found our hotel to be in an ideal location for your recent business trip. Furthermore, I am very happy to read that you found the service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back “home” upon your next visit.

Golden Legend management Team
biloela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I started my holiday one month ago at this hotel.It was so good the first time, so i decided not to risk a differant one at the end of my holiday.The hotel is in an ideal location,close to the water puppets,opera house and hoan kiem lake.The best restaurants and street food cafes are just outside the door.If you like markets,its only a few minutes walk away to the weekend night market.The rooms are very spacious,and very modern,very clean with a king size bed.the hotel serves a good breakfast,certainly enough.Sunny,Ha and Hues staff are very friendly and will take care of all your travel requirements and tours.I am very happy i stayed there twice.Bye the time you leave you will think they are your family.Enjoy your holiday

Room Tip: I stayed in 301 and 302.very quiet and overlookes the street trees.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank danielle m
Dear Danielle

It was a great pleasure welcoming you at Golden Legend Hotel. I thank you for your kind feedback and your special mention of the tour arrangements and the service from our team.

I agree that nothing is much trouble for our team and we are willing to assist different requests from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely yours
Golden Legend management team
Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in this hotel. All was just perfect:
The room was large, superbly daily cleaned and with very nice design.
All rooms have large city view windows, and equipped with personal computer (with free internet of course).
The breakfast is served on the top floor, with nice city view, wonderful service, great food quality and nice variety – western and Vietnamese options.
But, the best of all was the professional and friendly staff.
Mrs Sunny , Mr Ha, Mr Hung from the front desk, and the lady who served the breakfast were all superb !!!
The service was so good, we simply felt like staying at a worm welcoming home!!
We also got free early check in with free breakfast, and a free late checkout, which was great.
Very highly recommended hotel . We will definitely stay here again when visiting Hanoi in the future.
Einat & David

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank reissd
Management10chancam, Manager at Golden Legend Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Einat & David
It was a great pleasure welcoming you at Golden Legend Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. Thank you for your comment regarding the highest level of our staff and services. As we always strive to provide superior levels of service to all guests.
And lastly I would like to thank you for the beautiful compliment that Golden Legend Hotel cannot be faulted at all.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that your next visit with us will be as pleasing as the previous one.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here in April with my two children. The room was large enough for the three of us, and were often cleaned more than once a day. The thing that set this hotel apart from the others we stayed in during our 15 day stay in vietnam was the service. All the staff from the door men, the lady serving breakfast to Sunny were all incredibly friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were great, the location in the old quarter perfect. We booked all our tours and trains with the hotel, and they made sure we had a fantastic guide, Bam, for our tour in Sapa. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Helen M
Dear Mrs. Hellen and Angels
I am truly grateful for your feedback and thank you very much for sharing your experience at Golden Legend Hotel in Tripadvisor.
And thank you also for your compliment that we are definitely one of Asia's classic hotels.
I am so glad that you have enjoyed our service and our staff ( especially Bam) are receptive and attentive to your every need and really make your stay a memorable.
I am looking forward to your next visit.