“Artistic hotel!”

Ranked #215 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Medan
“Artistic hotel!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A very lovely hotel with beautifully designed interior, bedroom, i was totally in love with this hotel since i researched about it on Agoda. The location is great, near the Don Xuan market, cafes, boutiques, the doorboy is very friendly and attentive, always opens the door with greetings and smile on his face.
The bedroom is classy, a combination of blue and white color in display, the bathroom is superbly clean, it's very comfortable inside, like you don't wanna leave the room for escaping from the raucous street scene of Hanoi. The breakfast is also terrific, better selection than any other hotel in Hanoi that i've stayed before...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Liandy_Vu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Convenient location short walk to the Lake area and centre of city. Hotel staff from reception to housekeeping friendly, helpful and attentive. Breakfast which was included in the price is excellent and has a good spread of local and western. Menu changed daily.With only four rooms per floor we enjoyed our sleep even though the hotel is located on a busy street. The in room service and food ordered were very tasty and reasonable in price.The welcome drink and twice daily fruit platter and chocolates were delighful touch. Perhaps this little touches are what you get for the price of 60 usd pn for a double which is a bit pricey when compared to other hotels in the area.My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay of four nights in this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and they come in different designs and layout.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I think it is rare to stay a a hotel and to receive service that genuinely blows you away. My partner and I were not initially that keen on Hanoi itself, but our experience at the Church boutique made it a memorable and special stay. Firstly, i needed to book bus tickets for the following day and the concierge first tried calling the company for me then, when it became apparent that I would need to go to the bus station to book the tickets, offered to send someone with me to translate. That evening the same concierge, who will henceforth be called the Wonderful Concierge, recommended to us the most incredible restaurant, hidden from the chaos of Hanoi (Madame Hein). Finally, I managed to leave my credit card at reception on check out and the Wonderful Concierge drove 15 minutes to the bus station to catch me and return it just before the bus left. They honestly went above and beyond to help us and seemed to take great pleasure in doing so.

The hotel itself is stunning, smart and clean and, I think, very good value for what you get. I found it hard to know which of the 3 Church boutiques to choose on booking but I can say that this is central and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mercer Island, Washington, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2013

What a Wonderful Surprise……

What a Wonderful Surprise to get this quality of a hotel on a tour package. Fantastic staff in every location within the hotel. Very nice restaurant . Perfect location for quick look at Hanoi culture and local population.

Room Tip: Look for or request this hotel on your package
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JimDykeman
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I booked 2 Premium rooms for 2 nights. My room is elegant and big, the other room much smaller although just as nice. I would recommend inspecting the room before going up as my friend is not receiving the same value for the same money..

The staff are helpful but the language barrier caused a problem - we had no heat in the rooms. I asked twice to have it fixed and on the second day I went downstairs to complain a bit more forcefully.. They sent the doorman up who showed me the trick to get the heat on.. After we all shivered unnecessarily overnight.

There is great care in details - the curtains, finishings, toiletries. Clean, fabulous marble bathroom.. Bed is firm and duvet is sparkling white. Great sleep.

Room Tip: Stayed in an "03" ending room which was big and airy facing street. The "01" roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 5, 2012

4 1/2 stars is probably more accurate, but we really liked this place. Rooms are very small but that is everywhere in the old quarter in Hanoi. Everything is brand new. State of the art technology in the hotel rooms. Rain shower heads! Great staff. Their English could be better, but is fine. Good location. Good Food. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
hkh hospitality e, Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Ca, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are honored that you have selected Church Boutique Hang Ca for your recent visit to Ha Noi. Thank you for your petronage.

I have noted your comments with regards to our staffs responsiveness. Please be assured that all the information which you have provided, will be used in planning ways to serve your better in the future, and improve our facilities and services.

Once again thank you and we hope to see your soon in this wonderful city.

Your sincerely,

Pauline Thanh Do
Assistant General Manager
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked 3 nights at the Church Boutique Chang Gai Hotel via hotels.com, a place we had chosen based on the reviews and hotel description despite the slightly higher price in relation to nearby hotels. We arrived in Hanoi following a very long journey from Cairo which had begun at 3am the day before so we were naturally incredibly tired and looking forward to getting to our beds.

When we checked in to the hotel however, the desk clerk said that she had no record of our reservation and apologised and said that we could not stay at the hotel because it was full. We showed her our hotels.com reservation slip and informed her that not only did we have a reservation but that we had paid for it some time before travelling. She apologised for our situation and said that there was nothing that they could do to help and should phone hotels.com if we needed to complain because they had absolutely no record of our booking.

We of course pushed the point and the hotel receptionist called her reservations centre and confirmed that yes, there had indeed been a booking but that unfortunately there had been a mistake in the system so we could not stay in the hotel. She could not explain why nobody had thought to tell us about the mistake before we travelled.

They offered us either to have a full refund and walk away or to stay at another hotel. The first option was not acceptable to us as we had spent almost 2 days travelling and had never been to Hanoi so did not want to drag our suitcases to several hotels. We agreed for them to book us another hotel but the one they offered us was approximately 60% of the price we had paid and they refused to offer us a part-refund. Eventually they offered to let us stay in another hotel of the Church Boutique brand, albeit one that is cheaper and un-renovated. They said that, as an apology, would upgrade us to a Deluxe room (we had booked a premium).

We did not entirely accept this as the internet showed us that a Deluxe room at the hotel they had offered (Church boutique Hang Ga) was the same price as the premium room we had booked in Hang Gai yet in an un-renovated hotel in a not so convenient location. However, we appeared to have little alternative. We did however insist on a part-refund but the supervisor on duty refused. She said that she had no authority to issue us such a refund and only her manager could, but when we insisted that she contact her manger she would not do so and said that she was the supervisor on duty and felt that we did not deserve a refund, and that was her final decision. As we were clearly making no headway, we decided to drop the issue for now.

Upon arriving at the Hang Ga hotel, more than 2 hours after originally arriving at Hang Gai, we were shown into a tiny room with no windows. I went downstairs to complain to reception and was told by the rather nervous man at reception that I was indeed in a deluxe room. I noticed a hotel map on the wall behind him and that it showed the room we were in as a premium. He paused for an incredibly long while, and relented and admitted that he had been told to put us in a premium room by his manager because all the deluxe rooms were full. I insisted that I speak immediately with the manager, whom he called.

When his manager arrived it was in-fact the supervisor from the Hang Gai hotel whom we had spoken with earlier. I complained to her but she consistently lied to me and said that we had been put into a deluxe room as agreed. When I showed her the hotel map, she lied that the hotel had recently upgraded the room I was in to deluxe (despite it having no windows and was only slightly bigger than the bed). After 30 minutes of debate she continued to lie and said that if it would make me happy, she would move me into another deluxe room the next day. I accepted and the next day we moved to a larger room with a window and a balcony.

This treatment is clearly unacceptable from a, relatively speaking, rather expensive hotel and being lied to is not something one expects.

The church boutique Hang Ga was an okay hotel but not what we wanted nor what we paid for. The deluxe room was nice but the premium one awful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NandyPengarah
hkh hospitality e, Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Ca, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your support to our Church Boutique Hotels so far.

Each of the hotels in our group always attempt to bring all the best to the customers along with the most comfortable services during the stay.
We really appreciate your comment as a precious advise to help us improve and develop more effectively, not only in the service quality but also in the working and serving attitude of the hotel's staffs.
Any positive comment is a great support to our hotels, yet any negative experience delivers us the opportunity to look at our services and products in order to be better.
According to your case, we would like to thank you for taking your time to write this review on our property, we definitely set off this situation with the entire staffs.

Again, we sincerely thanks for your residence in Church Boutique Hotels. Hope that we will have chance to welcome you in our lovely city in near future.

Best regards,