“Excellent stay”

Church Boutique Hotel Hang Ca
Ranked #256 of 597 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel was excellent in many ways. Small rooms but expected that, they were very well set out, very clean and the hotel staff were the best i have met in many a hotel. Helpful, knowledgable and friendly. Can beat this place for a short stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shaun C
CBHG, General Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Ca, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Shaun,

Thank you for taking the time in writing this lovely review. Your comments and feedback on the service that you experienced while staying with us without a doubt have brought a big smile on all of us!!

It was a great pleasure welcoming you at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Ca an H&K Hospitality property. We are extremely grateful for your kind comments on the product, services and staff.

We hope to welcome you back to Church Boutique Hotels whenever you are in Ha Noi.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I believe this is not the best Hotel available in Hanoi, but I couldn't find anything wrong. Haven't compared it with other same class hotel, but I guess this hotel just suits me.

Location:
Located at old quarter, to be precise you can see at the map. There are plenty of road side foods, but if you afraid of those, you can find restaurant just few blocks from there. Nothing to worry about.

Room Size:
Just like another 3 stars hotel, they all have about the same size (their buildings are not really wide, but I guess for asian, this room size just good enough). Will be very packed if you add more extra bed -- if they allow you to put in --.

I didn't get a room with window facing to the road, probably it will better if you can get that. same size anyway.

Cleanliness:
Nothing to complain. It's just clean. I didn't notice any stain in room or toilet.

Aircon:
They are using in-wall air conditioning. --Nice--. And all just well. You can adjust the temp to suit your preference.

Furniture:
All look new... Modern - classy style. Love it.

- Safety box
- All toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soaps, moisturizer, tooth brush, shaver, comb, sewing kit, and others).
- Weighing scale
- Shoe cleaner
- Umbrella
- Hair dryer
- Alarm clock
- Hanger

Breakfast:
They serve a decent food, I love it in fact. Chicken soup, omelete, and other US style breakfast.

Room Tip: Pick the one with window facing road?
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kebosatu
CBHG, General Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Ca, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and within the tripadvisor community. We are extremely grateful for your kind comments on the product and services.

We hope to welcome you back to Church Boutique Hotel whenever you are in Ha Noi.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I booked this place based on the other reviews and was disappointed. While the place was well located in Old Town, our room was very very small and dark. The only "window" was to a lightwell that was so far from the first floor light source as to be a darkwell. The room was tiny, really really small. The only closet bar could accommodate only hanging shirts as even my 9 year old's dresses dragged the safe which sat on top of the mini-fridge cabinet. There were no chairs at all, only a small stool at the built in desk. No table, no place for room service trays. This was a room for sleeping, not hanging out.

Except sleeping wasn't so great because there was some sort of vent over the 2nd bed that seemed to be connected directly to the room next door. We could hear the couple there as though they were in our room, seriously--every sound, woke when they arrived back in the evening and woke them up in the morning. We could even see their light when they came in and turned it on.

The staff seemed very sweet but the front desk was unable to make us tour arrangements despite two days of trying and promises to look into it and then call us. They apparently do the Halong Bay tour only but didn't let us know to go to a tour outfit rather than waiting for them to get back as promised, yet they never did.

If you do book this one, be sure to get the top floor or the very front of the hotel. And be sure to get the directions or pay for the airport transport. Our taxi driver and the our neighbor's took us to the wrong place at first. OH and be sure to ask the hotel which taxi companies are reliable. We were ripped off by one with a fake meter and only after telling the front desk the story did they warn us against certain companies. I'm sure that negative experience colored my view of Hanoi in general. We live in Beijing and have traveled around Asia quite a bit so were surprised at the rip off. Other guests reported similar or worse stories.

Room Tip: Front of the building with a real window or top floor. Avoid the first two rooms on each floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CBHG, General Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Ca, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are honored that you have selected Church Boutique Hotel Hang Ca, an H&K Hospitality Management property, for your recent visit to Ha Noi. Thank you for your patronage.

Church Boutique Hotels is dedicated to providing you with the finest in personal service and amenities to enhance your vacation experience. I have noted your comments with regards to poor noise insulation, inadequate lighting and promptness of our staff. Please be assured that all the information, which you have provided, will be used in planning ways to serve you better in the future and improve our facilities and services.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is an undiscovered Gem of a hotel in the old Town section of Ha noi
The staff was very helpful - one took my $ and ran down the street to get some 'Top off minutes' for my cell phone!
Room is typical of what you'd find in a $200/night hotel in NYC.
Breakfast was free and excellent. WiFi was free and speed was good.
Toiletries were very good quality as was everything in the hotel. Shower was very modern.
Room is small with not a lot of space but adaquate.
Shopping galore is a block away.
Excellent Value for the money. Stay here!!

I was here on a business trip.
Wouldn't recommend coming to Ha Noi for much else. Nothing charming about the city. Cabbie's aren't very honest.
Go to Saigon - a lot more to see and the price is a third less.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Terence M

Dear Terry,

Church Boutique Hotels is dedicated to providing you with the finest in personal service and amenities to enhance your vacation experience. You, our valued guest, can only measure our success. We would therefore like to thank you for providing us with your comments and feedback helps us keep our standards at the highest level.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

On 2 Sep 2012 my 8 friends and I checked into the hotel and received a very pleasant welcome despite the lobby being quite small.
But we were very impressed by the young and energetic staff and astonished by the standards of the rooms, it was truly beyond expectations.
What was most worthwhile to remember is the attentiveness of the chamber-maids who make a check on the room regularly.
It is due to their good work attitudes that I was able to recover my computer harddisk in the room safe after I checked out on 6 Sep and was careless to leave it behind.
On 9 Sep, a few of my friends who were staying at the hotel called me to ask if I had forgotten about that item in the room as I left earlier that morning.
Thankfully it was returned to me safely through the honesty of the hotel staff.
I will definitely recommend a stay at this excellent hotel to my friends and colleagues.

Mr Tan
Singapore

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
CBHG, General Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Ca, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Mr. Tan,

I was about to reply to the private email you sent to me sharing your experience during your interim stay with us as CBH – without a doubt we are honored that you have selected Church Boutique Hotel Hang Ca, an H&K Hospitality Management property, for your recent visit to Ha Noi. Thank you for your patronage.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and within the tripadvisor community. We are extremely grateful for your kind comments on the product, services and above all our wonderful team. Our promise is to be continuously engaged as a professional yet friendly team for our guests.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stepping into this hotel was a welcome relief from the busy location it's situated in, near the central lake in Hanoi it is walking distance to most things and surrounded by great restaurants and shops, the staff were very friendly and welcoming, the rooms are a decent size and modern, stylishly decorated, cable tv, split system mini bar and free wifi, not a great view from our room but the bathroom is a very good size. Breakfast is everything you can wish for both Local and other cuisines, soups, omlettes pastries etc. Very enjoyable stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kay B
Reviewed September 4, 2012

we arrived by train coming from sapa. there was a mistake in the booking but yulia helped us in a very professional and friendly way. got a warm welcome from all the staff a complementary drink and a super clean room. it does not get any better than this.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Andres A

Dear Andres,

Greetings from Church Boutique Hotels!

We are grateful for your kind comments on our staff and services. Our endeavour is to be continuously engaged as a professional yet friendly team for our precious guests.

Your feedback shall facilitate us in consolidating upon our strengths and improve further on our standards.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you are in Ha Noi , I would be delighted to assist you personally.