“Hotel restaurant”

Essence Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 2,524 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Diner, Vietnamese, International, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the ground floor of the Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa, the artfully designed Essence restaurant offers you various tasty authentic Vietnamese dishes and standard Western menu for lunch and dinner. Accomplished with an extensive menu of beverages including fresh fruit shakes, coffees and wines, the restaurant ensures you a wholesome meal with great food, excellent service in the right ambiance and fine spirits, all at a price guaranteed most reasonable in town. Wifi-internet & iMac is available, free of charge.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Essence Hanoi hotel restaurant with wonderful breakfast. We also had one dinner and it had nice mixture of choices. We ate Vietnamese dishes by choice, over other items offered.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,165)

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough, they made such a good effort to look after us and talk us through what were were eating on our first night in Vietnam. It was a really memorable evening, and not just because of the amount of Bia Hanoi we drank!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Had a delicious meal here when staying in the old quarter. We arrived without a reservation but were quickly shown to a table. Restaurant interior was lovely and staff very attentive and polite and showed us how to eat our more complex meals! Mix of western and traditional food on menu and good selection of vegetarian food. Even though one of the more 'pricey' restaurants we still only paid £15 for three course meal for two with wine! Can't complain at that!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had one of my comfort foods, Spaghetti Bolognese priced at USD5.00 where USD1.00 = 21,400 VND. Usually, the exchange rate is at 20,000 VND. I think there's a premium because this is one of the classier hotels in Hanoi.

I requested for water which I hoped would be complimentary but isn't. I was charged USD1.20 for it. But it's fine. I guess I didn't communicate myself well when I asked for water.

All in all, the ambience is perfect. I would've probably enjoyed the food more had I ordered Vietnamese. The spaghetti is just okay. But no problem because it's not an Italian restaurant anyway.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The cafe has beautiful interior design since it belongs to Essence Hanoi Hotel. The waiters has good professionalism and care for every single detail. The coffee is genuine high quality Vietnamese coffee with strong fragrance. If you are going to stay in the Old Quarter, give it a try.

1  Thank Alvin_Zeragorn

Been to Essence Restaurant? Share your experiences!