Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsold quarterhoan kiem lakephobreakfast buffetnoodleswestern foodchoose this hotellovely hotelquiet at nightair conditioningloved this hotelconvenient locationrooms are cleannight marketstreetvietnamheart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were accommodated at very short notice after our original hotel double booked our room.
Staff were friendly and extremely helpful, including assistance to scan and email a medical certificate to change flights due to our daughter being ill.
Rooms were spotless and quiet and breakfast was good. Reasonable prices for mini bar and room service.
My only negative comment is in regard to the extra bed supplied for our daugther - just a very hard mattress on the floor. I wouldn't have minded paying a bit more for a proper roll-away bed.
The location was terrific and there was a nice outlook over the Old Quarter from the balcony.
I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Dalts77
CBHG, General Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure welcoming you at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai an H&K Hospitality property. I thank you for your kind and thoughtful feedback.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the inadequate sleeping arrangement as we were expecting delivery of the roll-away bed. I apologize that this experience put a shadow over what seemed to have been otherwise a good stay and we hope that your daughter is feeling much better now.

We hope to welcome you back to Church Boutique Hotels whenever you are in Ha Noi.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just to give some context , I have never written a bad review in over 10 years of travel. However we were severely disappointed with our recent stay at the Church Boutique Hotel .
We checked in for 3 nights in a delux room at $85 US a night and on arrival noticed the that we had been placed in a room right next to the lift on level 5 . The bell in the lift was so loud even in our room, I asked if we could move but we were told the hotel was fully booked.
Upon showering the bathroom flooded with water and would not drain, I also notified the desk but was told the shower heads are too big for the drains and this was a known issue !!
The last straw was the bed- it was rock hard, I didn't sleep at all and my husband got very little sleep as well. I may as well have slept on the floor!
We checked out the next morning at 7am, tired and unhappy with the response of the hotel which was - sorry but all out beds are the same and we know about the shower flooding !!
I requested at least some compensation for the 4 nights we'd already prepaid given they could not find us another room without the same issues, but I was declined ANY compensation by management and told to read the terms and conditions.
Given our short - less than 12 hour stay and the legitimate complaints that I went to management with I expected a better level of service to say the least.
IF YOU WANT A DECENT HOTEL - look no further than Hotel Essence - what a contrast - amazing service, huge comfortable rooms for the same price including breakfast , and staff that would do anything to make you happy . This Hotel needs some lessons in customer service !!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AlliBAustralia
CBHG, General Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Allison,

I have read your review with lot of interest as per your private email to us stating that “If no refund was done it will result on a bad review and you will regret it” – it is a shame that some people would attempt to blackmail hotels basically if they don’t have it their way by simply misusing tripadvisor.

I am sorry that you didn’t have the chance to experience Church Boutique Hotels’ service nevertheless it is a huge dissimilarity your review with the rest complimenting our product, service and staff.

Ms. Nharung, I do understand your frustration and disappointment nevertheless is not fair on us, you trying to tarnish our reputation and hard work simply because you can abuse this medium.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This boutique hotel provided a surprise room upgrade when we checked in after a wet flight from Ho Chi Minh City for the second leg of our vacation. Their front office staff was very courteous and fluent in English providing very helpful directions as we sought for late dinner after freshening up. Surprisingly, Church Boutique Hotel was walking distance to anywhere in the Hanoi Old Quarter.

The room that was given to us was a spacious room with a very avant garde design and a color palette that was bright and refreshing. Even the restroom was very modern with sliding frosted glass doors and stainless steel accents. This is one of the most memorable rooms we have ever booked. Breakfast was complete in terms of variety and sumptuous in terms of taste.

My only regret is the fact that we couldn't stay longer as our Halong Bay cruise was scheduled to start the following morning. Nonetheless, Church Boutique Hotel provided a very restful respite and an indelible mark in our travel treasure chest of memories.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lam-ang
CBHG, General Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and within the tripadvisor community. We are extremely grateful for your kind comments on the product and services.

We hope to welcome you back to Church Boutique Hotel whenever you are in Ha Noi.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This little and very modern hotel features a very good location on Hang Cai street, clean and spacious rooms (ask to be upgraded to a suite) and a good quality breakfast. Nice details provided by this hotel are a daily fruit platter and evening towel freshening and bed turning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Alex M
CBHG, General Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Alex,

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for taking your time to write this lovely review.

Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai is always striving for the best personalized service and experience.

Once again thank you and we hope to see you soon in Hanoi.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The hotel is new. It has big and clean rooms. Bathroom was clean and very big too. Staff spoke quite fluent English and were friendly. Breakfast was good. Rooms are very clean and I just wanted to stay in that hotel and not go out because it was really comfortable. I definitely will recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bernd_Domingo

Dear Mr. Domingo,

Thank you for sharing your with experience with us and within the tripadvisor community. We are extremely grateful for your kind comments on the product and services. Our promise is to be continuously engaged as a professional yet friendly team for our invaluable guests.