“so friendly and helpful”
Review of Hanoi Topaz Hotel

Hanoi Topaz Hotel
Ranked #469 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Zhoushan, China
“so friendly and helpful”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here with a colleague on a short visit to Vietnam. We arrived at 6AM!! We were able to go to our room with a half day charge. The next day we were returned to Hanoi when our HaLong Bay trip was cancelled, arriving back at midnight. We were upgraded to a family room with balcony. Over the course of a week, we stayed here about 5 nights with the hotel booking other tours for us - a day trip and then an overnight to Mai Chau. Prior to our late departure from Hanoi, we were able to rest at the hotel. Breakfast western or asian was very good. We had dinner at the restaurant the last night and it was one of the best we had in Hanoi - delicious and comparable cost wise to other eating places. We actually ate locally on the street the night before and it was more expensive and not nearly as nice as the hotel restaurant. Best thing - both rooms we occupied had a spa! Heaven coming from living in China with just a shower. The reception staff spoke very good english. The restaurant staff spoke very well and were so helpful. The hotel is in the old city with lots of interesting things around you - a nice walk to the night market or the lake. Very happy to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the street is nicer - the family room on the 5th floor had 2 large twin beds and a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dianne P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Francisco
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I booked the Topaz because of it's location and also because it seemed a good rate for a nice suite with a terrace & jacuzzi tub.

The room was nice. The jets in the tub didn't really work all that well. And it was a little too hot, then rainy, to sit on the terrace.

I will write however to commend the efforts of the excellent staff, in particular Bella & his colleague at the front desk. I stay in a lot of hotels and I have to say the attention and care put towards the customers in the hotel by the staff was exceptional. I even witnessed her come down into the restaurant during breakfast to suggest to a German guest with a sore throat some soup in the morning. Each interaction with the staff at could have ended with a pat on the back, a hug or even a high five! They were that good... that cool!

I'll definitely return to this hotel on my next stay in Hanoi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tonypappa
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My stay at Hanoi Topaz Hotel was truly comfortable and the amenities that were provided (such as PC with wifi and cable TV) certainly exceeded our expectations. Overall environment was clean and the beds were comfortable. But what impressed me most was certainly the staffs. They went out of the way to attend to our requests and ensured that everything was taken care of. For example, I had asked the staffs where to get a local SIM card for my mobile phone, and the next thing they did was to personally bring me to the nearest mobile phone store to purchase a local SIM card. Another example was when I was trying to arrange for a city tour for my family - despite several change in my instructions, they gladly obliged to my changes and ensured that everything was seamless. Besides the breakfast which was a little disappointing, I was really impressed with my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank winstonngoei
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I highly recommend Hanoi Topaz Hotel to anyone who are thinking of visiting Hanoi. I had an excellent stay there. The staff are very helpful and they do go extra miles to make our stay there as convenient as they could and take care of the details of our needs there. The room and the tour that the hotel arranged for us are beyond satisfactory. We are very happy with the facilities and the cleanliness of our room. Hanoi Topaz hotel excel in making us feel that we are getting personal care there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beatrice O
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My stay here was nothing but pleasant. The staff were great, the rooms fairly priced, and the standards high. I got to know the staff really well and even got to hear more about their lives. You could tell they were really invested in their work and committed to delivering fantastic service and a great all round experience.

The rooms were well equipped, comfy, relatively quiet (we were on the second floor at the front) and clean- all big ticks.

The tours were booked directly with the hotel prior to arriving and all went off without a hitch. The staff picked us up at 4am from the train station with a smile. It rained as we were about to explore Hanoi and they gave us umbrellas. They rushed over to the Hanoi water puppet theatre to pre-book our tickets for the evening show. They walked me directly to the chemist to make sure I found it. All round, it was the little things that made the stay as great as it was.

I wish Johnny, Kevin and the whole team much success and strongly recommend any traveller stay here if they are wanting efficient and easy going service and manned by staff that provide an all round fantastic service experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dhouseman14
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

the hotel has good location, clean rooms with a pc and internet in every room, and wi-fi.but what prompted us to write this review is that the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. they booked tours for us at reasonable prices and came up trumps every time with the promised extras that you always doubt will actually appear. we returned from a tour, a day after checking out, and they gave us a room so we could shower and change before heading to the airport. ask for anna nguyen on reception for the best service. she is wonderful. but breakfast was the worst we had in vietnam!

Room Tip: there are 3 rooms per floor. at the front the higher up the less street noise. the middle rooms have...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel. The staff were always very courteous and helpful and the wifi was fast and reliable. The computers that they provide in the bedrooms are fairly good too. The rooms are clean and modern, but most have no windows. Overall a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013