“Simply devine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pots 'n Pans

Pots 'n Pans
Ranked #74 of 2,196 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Pots ‘n Pans is about innovation. Vietnamese cuisine infused with an international flair.Our food takes the best ideas from modern Vietnamese and puts a new spin on them. The flavours are familiar but done differently. We don’t want to detract from what we believe to be the core of Vietnamese cuisine which is a big emphasis on fresh and local ingredients. However, we believe that the produce found in Vietnam should lend itself to a wider range of cooking techniques and presentation.Pots ‘n Pans is a dynamic partnership between Know One Teach One (KOTO) and its training program graduates along with its international partner; Small Giants. KOTO is a not-for-profit organisation in Vietnam that is changing the lives of street and disadvantaged youth through vocational training. Small Giants is a boutique Australian impact investment company that is dedicated to businesses that are changing the world.
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Simply devine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was not my first visit here and it certainly wont be my last one either! My only surprise and shock is that I have failed to tell others on here about this place!

Not only does it have excellent beliefs and part of a great project of KOTO - the food, service and style is excellent. OK, the street may be a little tough to find for some, but don't give up as what awaits is a joy to behold. You are welcomed on arrival by smiling faces and welcomed in as an old friend. The decor is modern design and one I am seeing more and more of across Asia, i like it although can imagine others will not, that is the great thing we all have choice. We tend to have a drink in the bar before going up to eat, the cocktails are excellent I am an Espresso Martini man and they do these to my taste exactly. The food, I have many options here and never been disappointed with any, I do not eat seafood so I cannot comment directly on this but my wife loves it. I am always spoiled for choice though with the meat options and whether it steak, lamb or even a vegetarian option I always leave happy!
The wine menu i find to be varied and plentiful in both red and whites, very well priced as well for Hanoi which is a nice shock, a lot of Aussie wines are in the list and I aim to try a few more for my own personally knowledge only, of course!
The cost is not as cheap as some places but it is not over priced and when you attach the cost of supporting KOTO in as well, then the price is excellent value. I am planning to go back soon as I hear they're starting a brunch menu and that sounds like great news to me.

Keep up the great work Pots 'n pans and i shall be back to try more of your treats!

4 Thank Andy-C1977

• Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
“Great meal with over friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely meal, all very western, would have been nicer to have some more Vietnamese twists, though thoroughly enjoyed our meal, my husbands cured salmon was a bit salty, but the accompanying salad was divine and his lamb was also excellent, as was my crispy skinned sea bass, all excellently cooked and prepared. There were some nice touches, freshly baked bread rolls and a super amuse bouche. We did find the staff a little too attentive and too interested in us and they did not get the message that we wanted to be left alone, but so nice to be at an upmarket restaurant with no whining toddlers for a change!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Tania d
Auckland, New Zealand
“Management professionalism leads to superb dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

've happily updated the rating of Pots 'n Pans to give stars. Why? Because the management took note of my review, made contact and offered to remedy the situation.

A few days after the previous experience, Thao Nguyen (manager of Pots 'n Pans) made contact. She was deeply sorry for the poor dining experience we had, made no excuses for the poor meals and service and offered a complimentary dinner to prove to us that they really are a top class restaurant. Her professionalism is outstanding.

This weekend, we availed ourselves of the offer. Suffice to say it was a superb evening. Service and food were of the very highest standard. Now I understand what all the fuss is about! This night, nothing was too much trouble - wine, main and dessert all laid on. Plus despite declining to order entrees (due to hunger and not wanting to overly indulge in a freebie) Thao gave us sampler entrees (two each) to ensure we experienced a full menu. Exceptional service. We ate scallops (amazing) and an asparagus entree, lamb and beef two ways for mains, orange cake and banana spring rolls for dessert. All washed down with sparkling wine and red wine. Couldn't fault anything. Some of the very best food in Hanoi, without a doubt.

At dessert time, these were delivered by the chef himself, who also was away (along with Thao) on the previous evening. He also apologised and thanked us for agreeing to return.

Granted the team really laid it on for us, but it was a great evening in all respects. We're converts and will not hesitate to return and support them.

Professionalism, great food and service, humility and practical customer support. I can't ask for anything else.

Well played Pots 'n Pans!

5 Thank JustHappilyWandering
Bright, Australia
“Best food in Vietnam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Recently visited Pots'n Pans while on a tour. Had a set lunch menu the food was first class as is the service. We had 19 people in our group and everyone walked away saying it's the best meal we have had on the whole trip 19 people can't be wrong. The main meal Pork belly with aromatic caramel was one of the best dishes I've ever had as was the entree Fried Duck spring rolls with mushrooms. It must be good if I can remember what I had 4 weeks ago, do yourself a favour while in Hanoi you won't be disappointed.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Darren S
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Best place for a special occation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I took my girl friend to Pots 'n Pans last night to celebrate her birthday. The overall experience was great, the staff were very friendly and professional, the food was amazing we had the set menu A which was a greal balance of flavors and tastes. We had the best table in the restaurant by the window. Thanks to the team at Pots 'n Pans for a great dinner. We will definitely recommend to our friends.

2 Thank travelman959